The most useful tools your parents did not have.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Let’s rock this thread back up. I’ve got a gap in my life/toolkit. Imagine a plasma cutter. Why oh why weren’t these tools invented/available when we were young. :D Not that age is relevant, since I still don’t own one. A good welder, a grinder with various cutting/grInding discs. A drill and a plasma cutter.... All I want for attaching/splicing one vehicle to another vehicle. A bus/people carrier on top of a bus/van. A campervan with a upstairs bedroom with a view. :P

• I had one RT! Nice cerbora single phase unit, it was liberated from a previous employer when they made us all redundant due to closure, figured they wouldn't need it.

Was actually not that much use! A grinder is still a lot easier in the majority of cases..

Swapped it for a esab buddy Tig set, now that is something that I'd recommend...

• I had one RT! Nice cerbora single phase unit, it was liberated from a previous employer when they made us all redundant due to closure, figured they wouldn't need it.

Was actually not that much use! A grinder is still a lot easier in the majority of cases..

Swapped it for a esab buddy Tig set, now that is something that I'd recommend...

nice one. You have an eye for a bargainscore. :thumbup::)