A Drop-out just dropped in!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hey everyone and thanks for letting me drop out and drop into your forum. I'm new here and wanted to say hello, plus share some thoughts.

I only decided, after some contemplation, to become a happy hippie this year. At 52 that probably seems a bit late for some people, but it's never too late to take a good road.

A major deciding factor was that I desired to opt out/drop out of this crazy post modern, materialistic, self centred ego-driven world system.

I am, and always have been, a fan of freedom of speech and lifestyle. They tell us that we need more choices in life, in order to be free, but I am so shit at making up my mind with any sort of menu that too much choice can become a headache.

So, I want to be completely free from the stereotypical normalities of this politically(though not necessarily morally) correct era and to choose my own path through the world. On the other hand, the huge amount of menu choices that modern society offers me do not necessarily include the all important spiritual and nonconformist options I seek. Yet, I am offered so many shallow, pointless, nonsensical choices, selected for me by an already biased, cynical, media driven establishment that is attempting to promote its preordained manifesto whilst simultaneously trying to get me to believe that everything was my own decision. It's like when we get a new phone or computer. We are asked so many trivial questions about our preferences by the device, or rather it's human programmer, that we often feel baffled. I am all for choice, but what about real choices?

We supposedly had a democratic government, yet we are often ignored by our 'chosen' representatives. I want to be free to choose things like, what my taxes are spent on or whether we fight a war on the other side of the world (obviously I'd rather make love!).

Anyhow, I do care about my family, my neighbour, my country, the planet. I also, if it's not hurting anybody, want to be allowed to live a free, uncomplicated life.

I am a FREE spirit in a materialistic world. Power and money are unimportant. Love, peace, kindness and caring are everything. :):cnd::rock:

Jonny

• Welcome to the kingdom of hippydom my friend. There are many on here who think like you and respect where you are coming from and moreso where you are wanting to go.

I have been majoritively off grid for most of my adult life and have been living a nomadic way of life for over thirty years and am loving it :-)

We are looking forward to getting to know you.

Love and light

Fly xxxx

• Good first post, Jonny!

As the guys above say, you're going to love it here. Lots of interesting alternative living threads to stroll through, see what you fancy, see what other folks have gotten up to in the recent past.

Great to have you aboard!:peaceman: