Migraines are shit

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Of no help whatsoever,but Ihave lots of them also...

but not as many as i used to get in working life so i blame the evils of work as the primary cause.

Food stuffs can trigger some as can some lighting,weather and space phenomena (solar flares-we've just been hit by a couple the last 24 hours) and devices with screens - latter does with me because i have irlen syndrome a part of dyslexic spectrum.

The usual path if theyre bothersome is a neurologist and tests to see what triggering them but thats a lot of faffing (ive been there) and not stopped the migraines.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• Like NrT said try to work out what the triggers are. It helped me to write down the dates they happened and what i ate and did on those days. I get mad visual disturbances for about 20 minutes then a low grade headache for 1-2 days but luckily it has never progressed from that. For me, the triggers seem to be stress and over consumption of sugar....since quitting work last year i've only had one so is fairly obvious where my stress was coming from!

• That tends to be the kind i have...usually spectacular visual distubances or light displays that go on for an hour followed by nausea and low grade headache...occasionally a major 3 or 4 day headache i cant shift.

Ive kept diaries and theres no one obvious single trigger.My BP and everything are normal.

Although i get them most when physically exhausted.I used to do lots of endurance sports and had frequent migraines on rest days and days off after long physically hard work weeks.I dont work nor do sport stuff anymore and migraines are less frequent than in the past.Ive had them since 16 and After 40+ years of them I doubt ill find an answer any time soon.

There may be a trigger like weather or space weather radiation we can do nothing about but is known to trigger heart attacks and other medical emergencies. The answer is probably hidden in plain sight.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().

• Indeed over the years I have tried most things, my migraines no longer start with the visuals but I get bad headache going from one eye to the other over 4 or 5 days, the sumatriptan work but the bastards will keep returning , I have no triggers that I can find but maybe like you NRT it could be weather related?

• Well well well, I'm helping out in Norfolk and the owner,a very experienced herbalist did a test on me and apparently I have an allergy to nightshade plants eg peppers,chillies,tomatoes potatoes and aurbogines we shall see?