KNOCK,KNOCK, WHOS THERE?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I was told a while ago that if an old hippie etc is living in a van and the hippie gets a knock, knock,knock on the door by a nice young man wearing a nice police uniform who asks to look inside the old hippies van the old hippie can ask the nice policeman for a warrant to enter,because the scruffy old van is the old hippies home, true or false?

• I think that may be the case legally , but the old bill have a cover all caveat to it with their modern search regulations , if they 'suspect' or 'have reasonable grounds' that there are drugs/weapons then no warrant required..

• Comply the best you can, but don’t get yourself busted is your last resort. You can film them covertly, just incase you get framed of feel violated and as leverage later on at the copshop.

Search YouTube for Crimebodge. This guy is a thorn in the Police side, hip, face and butt.

He goes out of his way to “push, test, disprove, and annoy the police and courts” He defends public rights and individuals. A mindful of info and he likes sharing it.

Check him out. If in doubt or trouble, contact him.

• I found that after I adopted a big loud snarly dog with a fine set of gnashers the filth suddenly stopped wanting to come inside and were satisfied just talking to me through a window, funny that. On one occasion the copper had a big German Shepherd Dog and my dog was going so apeshit trying to jump out of the window to get to him that it set him off too and he pulled the copper over - I laughed and laughed :)

• Once patked up at Westwoods I caught a flash od hi-vis as 2 cops on horseback approached, as they drew alongside my bus Earl (my vocal African Grey )starts shouting 'go and lay down' to the horses,usually he says it to visitors boisterous dogs and once to a nosey Fresian but police horses was the funniest ;)

• Just scanned this thread, having grown up fearing and hating the police, I in a way feel sorry for them, understaffed, stressed, and constant abuse day and night, and being filmed while at work, while everyone is trying to push your buttons. As I say ill always fear the law and keep coppers at a wide berth, but bottom line is they have a tough job to do there only human and they try to keep us safe, there facing a knife epidemic, harder drugs harder gangs, being spat at sweared at filmed. Its traffic cops I always fear, checking I am speeding, or my old pickup is rusting away, a magnet for the lumini. just saying. :shrug:

• I hear from friends who've spent some years there that police in Germany rarely face knife-crime, hardly ever get spat at or sworn at, and command a certain respect.

Same for Denmark, don't know about other European countries.

Is this because they carry guns?

• Maybe, but are germany and Denmark politer countries like say japan or china or is there total respect and fear of the law. Tough job to be done by a human with no flaws never done anything wrong never broke the law and everything is right or wrong, or face a moral dilemma of not reporting all crime. who knows maybe we need ai robocops one day that way you wouldn't give a Robocop a lot of trouble as it would be simply right or wrong and being a thing not a human.