What's new with you?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• hiya, well it's been a while so i guess things have changed for most of us. so what are you up to now? where and how are you living? did you get married or have kids or convert something? or get a new tattoo!

• Left Wolverhampton moved to Liverpool. Not much else really

Ooh nice, I like Liverpool!

Life is a lot better than it was last time I was on ukh.

I'm about 80% recovered from the M.E. It's been ten years now, I don't think I'll ever completely recover, but I have quality of life again and no longer need wheelchairs and carers. On a really good day I can walk three miles, and getting out into the woods and fields makes everything better!

I'm still living in vehicles, though I've spent time on the canals over the last few years. My beautiful bus is still beautiful, but being looked after by someone else. My beautiful transit is actually not that beautiful at all at the moment, but at least I have a warm box to call home!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• COOL!

i have been moving about a lot doing various jobs, logistics, then recruitment, rented a house in Derby for a bit, moved in with a guy back in Norfolk but it didn't work out. been doing festival circuit working the bars for the last 5 summers just renting a nice room in West Norfolk. currently living in a caravan on my own on a farm operating the weighbridge for the duration of the harvest which should take me into November then back to my room and find some more work. or maybe keep the caravan, don't know yet. been very much single for a year.

my kids are doing well even though me and my youngest had a big falling out about 6 months ago, trying hard to mend that one :( other than that i am pretty content at the mo!

• My time away has seen:-

Completing a good deal of time Watching upon the wall.

Workwise, the trade negotiations have not gone well and there is a shift; or two, within the force.

My fellowship as a Ranger has been tested, but whilst there is hope the quest goes on".

My Grandchildren are progressing well along the road towards Hippie-ism - "That's the way" to "Teach-ing one's (G?) Children -well".

Romantically, one remains a lone, although whilst one has 'regrets; (and) I've had a few, I can still "Smile" :)

• What's new.

My eldest son Charlie doesn't live with us anymore.

I earn my living in the hospitality industry supplemented with dog walking and teaching reiki.

I am a lot fitter and slimmer than I was a few years ago. I manage my health conditions with a great deal more acceptance and awareness than a few years back so feel like I am steadily making good progress physically and mentally.

I walk every day for at least an hour... if I can get in two walks a day then it really helps even more.

I've joined a recorder ensemble with other people where I live.. there are four of us and I mostly play treble - love it :D

• Just been given a 22ft galvanized caravan chassis , so thinking of building some sort of redneck / hobo shack /tiny house little house on the prairie type thing if anyone has any ideas or imput , feel free

A up chap, been wondering how your doing of late, good to see ya in here, I just got back in after got informed it was back to UKH.

And in true style, your still on it with the projects you seem to materialse out of thin air. nice one. Like the idea of a hobo shack on the chasis. hope alls good with you.

• Just been given a 22ft galvanized caravan chassis , so thinking of building some sort of redneck / hobo shack /tiny house little house on the prairie type thing if anyone has any ideas or imput , feel free

Hi mate and welcome back. I’ve had similar idea over two years. I’ve got a 20+Foot Twin axel trailer chassis on land rover wheels. It was once a mobile Police command unit to build off.

I’ve been researching the web for tiny homes for two years and I’ve a good selection of designs stored on Pinterest. I’m not sure if I can share my link directly?

I have enough 12’ x 2’6” x 3” thick aluminium enclosed insulation panels that slot together connected by aluminium profiled uprights to build walls etc (off a mobile freezer room) Enough new box profile roof sheets (brand new) I bought a full set of 11 x windows (single glazed) and door + frame from a brand new 2011 5th wheeler. I know towing weight needs to be considered and I like the loft bed idea. All in all I almost have enough parts to complete a project. If nothing happens I may sell as a kit.

• Hi mate and welcome back. I’ve had similar idea over two years. I’ve got a 20+Foot Twin axel trailer chassis on land rover wheels. It was once a mobile Police command unit to build off.

I’ve been researching the web for tiny homes for two years and I’ve a good selection of designs stored on Pinterest. I’m not sure if I can share my link directly?

I have enough 12’ x 2’6” x 3” thick aluminium enclosed insulation panels that slot together connected by aluminium profiled uprights to build walls etc (off a mobile freezer room) Enough new box profile roof sheets (brand new) I bought a full set of 11 x windows (single glazed) and door + frame from a brand new 2011 5th wheeler. I know towing weight needs to be considered and I like the loft bed idea. All in all I almost have enough parts to complete a project. If nothing happens I may sell as a kit.

Hi thanks for the welcome back

I will probably build it out of reclaimed abn tatted wood , thinking of 6x2 beams covered with 18mm ply for the base

then aq 2x2 frame ,covered with ply , settee and burner and kitchen downstairs and bedroom and outside sitting place upstairs

oh and a porch to sit and pick a banjo on