What am I living in now?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Wow, it's nice to be back in here! What a long time it's been!

Anyway, Bella bus has been fully restored and is an absolute thing of beauty now, even more so than before. She even had her wooden frame restored. Proper lush now! She's a vegan cafe on the Isle of Wight festival circuit, and looks to be very happily enjoying her new life.

I'm now building a transit luton and a transit connect (I love my transits!)

The connect is what takes me to and from work every day, and is for escaping places at the weekend. It's also for living in right now, coz I'm sick n tired of trying to live in my luton and build it at the same time!

The luton is gonna be very Harry Potter, arched doorway, stained glass window, starry ceiling, etc.

The connect is gonna be a bit of an eclectic rustic Viking hippy Indian fusion.

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me work out how to post photos from my phone, so you're just going to have to imagine them for now, whilst I head over to the support forum for my lessons, then I'll post photos in the comments. Hopefully.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Omg why is this so hard????

Laney, if I Facebook you my photos, do you know how to put them here?

Why am I so rubbish with modern technology?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I love that Bella is having a wonderful life.

What a wonderful bus with wonderful memories!!!!

yeah...you got together with Mini in her and I was so hoping you n I were gonna hook up in her that weekend!!!! :whistle:

• Introducing Rusty, my trusty transit!

Files

• and this is Pippin....

Files

• I love your door!

Its gonna be blue with flecks of gold and runes carved into it. Eventually!

• You should show your porthole with runes carved into it....it's amazing!

yeah...they're not bad! ^^

I know it's off centre, it's not properly fitted yet!

Files

• ..and you will forever remind me of that fact haha :pp

And I will never forgive you either!! :pp

• I designed all the door by myself, but I had some help from a mate with the actual construction. I'm gonna do all the decorations and carvings myself though. It's got 25mm celotex sandwiched in the middle, so it's gonna keep me toasty :)

• Today the final insulation went into Pippin. I am SO bored of insulation, but when my heater goes in I will look back and thank myself so much for doing this right now!

Files

• That's beautiful looking forward to more convertion pics. One day id love to convert one myself now i passed my driving test (happy dance). Are you living in another vehicle whilst you convert?

I'm trying to live in the little one while converting the big one, but until the little one has heating, I really need to be spending more time in the big one. I am NOT a fan of the cold!