Welcome Back to UKHippy!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Woah....this is so 2008!

Nice to be back though!

What have I been up to? A lot of stuff. For a change, I'm building a van right now. Funnily enough sitting with two people I met off here years ago!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Sweet! Although I wasn't the most active member, I believe the world needs a site like this. 🌈❤️

What have I been up to? Well, had a divorce, the small holding in sweden is now sold and Im boat/pet sitting on the UK inland waterways as often as I possibly can. 😊

• Hi everybody,

Leaving France after 7 and a half years :-( It's been fun but OH has had some serious health issues over the last couple of years and can't make a living out here and has the chance to take over an exhibition business so will be moving to Romsey at the end of the month.

Good news is it's a great excuse to buy a van! (I still miss our old ambulance:-( )

Let's just hope makes it back to England in one piece!

• Finished the conversion, or at least the first version!😏 Had an outing to Dovedale last month now we're ironing out a few creases. Back trying to dump some weight, determined to be fit to explore the caves at Dovedale next year. Few more grey hairs & a few more pains otherwise life goes on. Good to have UKH back on my phone again, hope it works out this time😀

• Working, drinking, spending time with the misuse and the dog and various reprobates in various fields around the country. All in all it's going well!

And yourself Paul?

You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.

• Glad to have this forum back.

I used to post under a different name (many years ago). Looking forward to seeing if I remember anyone. :)

• Nice t'see ya, t'see ya...NICE! I've been bimblin around car camping since narrowboat sitting. Currently volunteering at Green Earth Awakening in the Blackdown hills. It's a tiny fest, capacity 500, v peaceful. My gratitude is abundant 🕉🌱😁 I must escape for winter 🌴

• Wow! Well I dis not expect that Paul. I am so glad you decided to open the hippy gates again. We/I missed this forum. Some good news from out of the mire of sadness in this bad world!

Me! In China again working, Back to Blighty next spring.

👍👍🙌

• Wow, never thought this would happen!

As to what I've been up to? Well I'm very slowly learning French, which when you have French citizenship is a bit embarrassing if you don't know it :o

Apart from that, just the usual living life stuff.

• Great to have this back up, not been much of a contributed but do like to see what going on.

Now retired so have no reason not to be in my van, been meandering aimlessly around mainly England and Scotland. Still not learned to play an instrument and running out of excuses :)

• Ahh, a big breath of fresh air! So delighted to see you back Paul, and as our community multiplies quicker than at any time since the 1960s, I hope your amazing site does the same.

Whether living in a vehicle, storm drain, yurt, bricks and sticks, bender or whatever, it’s great to know there are many like-minded souls around.

Wishing everyone peace, love and trust.

Now get your hair cut!

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• That was a pleasant surprise this morning - I thought that you'd gone forever. :)

I'm also guilty of not being a prolific poster, as I am neither nomadic, nor resident in the UK, so much of the content wasn't relative to me. However I really missed seeing the more arty and creative posts and shares, as that is where my personal interests are centred.

I'm still living in France and after 16+ years don't have any intention of heading back over the Channel, to live, despite all of the upheaval that the current British political direction is causing us over here. I have my residence permit sorted and if really forced to, will be seeking French nationality to assure my rights for the future.

If there are other members living over here, I'd like to share experiences and maybe, if not too far away, meet up.