Just a heads up

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• You may find yourself bumped to an empty classifiedcampers website -- hence the suggestion to empty cookies.

There may be other errors that need fixing or text and forum layouts that need changing.

I've pretty much done this without taking the site offline, and therefore going to fix and readjust everything over the next few days -- so don't worry too much about anything that isn't working properly, yet. :)

Just to add, again -- please don't be tempted to hit the subscribe button just yet. It will work and I will get the money, but if you wish to donate then please hold back as I will be changing everything over the next few days, including reducing the number of adverts etc. :)

• I've just reset the system so everyone with over than 40 posts should be able to get full access.

I've removed the paid subscription option for now too, but will reinstate a donation button at some point soon.

I'm not going to make any big announcement until I'm confident everything is working properly -- there was a lot of dust wedged down the back. :insane:

• Looking good again Paul , I did see Harry aka Wandering Gypsy in a field at the weekend and would have loved to have grabbed the grumpy geezer back ,maybe next time , but there are others that will appreciate this and just not aware yet (hopefully not the old trolls).

• Well this is a pleasant surprise. I walked away from social media for reasons known only to me. But there’s so much about the “old place” and the folk who made it so. That Brings me to where I am. What a treasure. I’ll get some firewood in, it’s going to be a long winter. Cheers Paul.

• Brill news Paul!

Thank you so much for restarting.

I still haven't go used to forum workings so I need the practise so please disregard any comments from me in strange places. :o I'm sure once the nights draw in and the allotment is too soggy to work I will say Hello to more peeps.

In the mean time keep up the good work. :)

• To re-iterate, It's soooooooooooo great to have UKH back. Hope the argumentative trolls stay away this time, rather spoilt it for me, especially when health and imminent demise were staring one in the face!

Wonderfully, I'm through that now and am stable for the foreseeable future.

So, love and peace to y'all, it's made my year!

• Appreciate tis in transition phase but will we be getting back the articles, groups and blogs back?

Blogs, probably in time - although I doubt I will be able to restore old blog content as the platform was so different.

Articles are possible -- just whether people can commit to writing them or not.

Groups -- I'm not sure how on this platform but could certainly look into it.

I need to watch the site and see if we can encourage some serious activity - right now I'm just happy to see some old faces coming back and posting in the forum :)

• Enough of us can write stuff for articles and blogs just need a place from which to get going.

Maybe some free internetz radio music wouldnt go amiss :/

Def nice seeing names on here ive not seen for loooong timez :cool:

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().

• The main job is to get people to visit and use the site -- especially people who might feel a bit enthusiastic about this place -- that's more important than anything.

Today I'm running some scripts in the hope it will fix the search functionality -- so if anything runs a bit slow it's because stuff is being indexed in the background.

Some things that would help me that I can't do myself...

1. If anyone sees a UKH email in their junk folder, could you please mark it as 'safe' or 'not junk' and move it to your inbox -- especially if you use hotmail, live, yahoo or gmail.

2. If you don't want email, please use your account settings rather than report it as spam -- people doing this have contributed to the IP address being blacklisted.

3. Update your own email address if you have abandoned your old one.

4. Share this site with ex users who may also have abandoned their email addresses (I have at least 2000 messages bounce back to me whenever I send a mail-out).

:)

• Well this is a pleasant surprise. I walked away from social media for reasons known only to me. But there’s so much about the “old place” and the folk who made it so. That Brings me to where I am. What a treasure. I’ll get some firewood in, it’s going to be a long winter. Cheers Paul.

Ah AW, here we reconnect, good to see you reopened the door here. I was the same earlier in the year, closed the door on all this for various reasons, and now I get a E mail informing me UKH is returned. Had to look in out of interest. And I will say I missed what was good about this place, didnt miss the bullshit trolly dollies.

Hope your well chap, did ask much after you when you retreated.

• nice one Paul, it's great to see so many familiar names, I hope it grows back to what it was circa 2007!!!

God yeah! Facebook destroyed this place but didn't properly replace it!

There's so much stuff I feel I can say here that I'd never put on Facebook.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• yup, same. I don't even put photos on Facebook. If I post anything at all, it's either something wrong with my van or something stupid I did to myself.

This place always felt safer to share stuff.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• yup, same. I don't even put photos on Facebook. If I post anything at all, it's either something wrong with my van or something stupid I did to myself.

This place always felt safer to share stuff.

Totally I put statuses up about silly things Emrys has done. What I don’t put up is the struggle we have day in day out with other challenges we have with him. Why is because I want help and support, not some old fashioned unwarranted advice.

• Ok - I'm back in and look to make contribution - of Wisdom; and sometimes Whine.

I think it'll take a bit of time to get back into the swing of this I'm sure momentum will increase - Keep the faith - Persistence, is never futile