What Fauna have you observed today ?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Good day to you nature lovers,here is a thread that will interest most of you.

Having since last night had two different lovely nature experiences that I shall share in a moment with you beautiful people. I thought a thread where we can post what sights in the world of wildlife we have had the pleasure of observing in our day. Whether bird,mouse,insect or deer or any other living creature that has entertained you,there are many on here that would appreciate your story.

My two since last night are -

There has been a tawny owl squeeking away for the last couple of weeks from the roof tops of the property where I have been working. He-she has obviously been on the pull and going by the amout of squeeking there has not been much luck,albeit I have heard a few responses from off in other directions.

At dusk last night I looked up and saw that the squeeks had been answered as there were two tawnies sat in comfortable companionship up on the ridge of the barn roof. By the time I went and got the camera,they had flown but not to worry as will always remember seeing the two of them sat there.

This morning I drew back my curtains and startled a pair of deer that were about ten feet away from the van in my clients garden. It was only a brief second of eye contact before they went into oshit mode and ran across the fields. I just had a look out in the fields opposite and can see them grazing in the distance.

So lovely end of the day and start of the day for me with a couple of nice fauna experiences.

I look forward to hearing what creatures you have observed and enjoyed in your day.

Love and light

fly xxxx :)

• You just made me smile - how beautiful.

Here a barn owl lives in the field next door and hunts I the field in the opposite direction as well as my 'back garden' so is seen flying overhead regularly or sat on a post out back pondering life along with a family of muntjac. I hear them at night along with mr/ms foxy.

Today the only thing I've seen in my little front garden is the usual friends which includes a very fine looking male pheasant who always drops in for breakfast.

City life - no way!

Enjoy. <3

• Small birds shouting the odds in the trees behind me. Ducks flap slapping across the boats roof. The lady ducks are checking out the boy ducks with the intention of a little lovin'.

Red Kite in overwatch position looking for an easy meal.

• I saw three humans yesterday, yuk

On a better note, the hares have been out in the field behind my park up, its ace watching them danciong and tearing around at full bore, humans are boring compared to hares, then two massive geese were having a feast on new shoots coming up in the recently drilled field, couldnt see what they were as they were right over the far side of the field, should have got my bins out but had stuff to get on with.

It was hilarious watching pigeons trying to fly in the high winds yesterday, they were getting blown with the wind rather than where they wanted to go, it took them a massive effort to land in the pine trees at the back of the yard, they were getting close then a huge gust would blow them right off course so they aborted a landing. One crash landed and fell a few branches before getting hold of a footing. Oh and there's duck rape going on, have two females and one male Mallard hanging around as tey nest on the pond here, they seem quite tame as they are hanging out with next doors chickens that come round mine, they go under the corn feeder the chickens have for a feed, the ducks have cottoned onto that one quite well, dont blame them.

• Lovely reading your responses. I have just been chilling in a few beautiful places over the last few days and have seen quite a collection of fauna,though will say that a couple of days back I parked up on a beautiful riverside and sat in the sunshine in the grass surrounded by wild flowers enjoying a good book ( not the good book ) ( the hobbit :-) ) with the distraction many times of kingfishers flying up and down the river. One actually flew by with a fish in its gob that must of been the same size as the bird. quite comical to watch how it managed to keep flying.

• Been watching the geese on a temporary lake across the field. Definitely taking their chances though. A fox went past the window on his/her rounds a morning back and, by the spoor a pair of Otters up the stream. The otters only go there for the geese. So I expect one hell of a commotion one night shortly.

Oh, and the captain of an Irish ferry popped in while we worked out where he'd taken a wrong turn. He said it seemed further than usual :-) .

• Been watching the geese on a temporary lake across the field. Definitely taking their chances though. A fox went past the window on his/her rounds a morning back and, by the spoor a pair of Otters up the stream. The otters only go there for the geese. So I expect one hell of a commotion one night shortly.

Oh, and the captain of an Irish ferry popped in while we worked out where he'd taken a wrong turn. He said it seemed further than usual :-) .

Otters eat the geese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![panic][panic][panic][panic][panic]

• Been keeping my eyes on the road lately so have seen lots of squashed things and avoided a few pheasants.

Difficult to make out what the road kill was but I think it's been mostly foxes and pheasants and one more exotic sighting that might have been an otter but was probably a cat.

🤔☹️

• I saw a very impressive full grown mouflon with a very impressive set of horns yesterday that ran off very quickly when it noticed me and also saw two vultures soaring around on the thermals :-)