If you don't have anything nice to say then....

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• "Now then, now then, now then"....

Ever decreasing circles and all that....

There's not much happening on this forum....

I grew up in a time when it was considered wide (bent) minded by a forceful and vociferous many to truly adopt the adage of 'live and let live'........I struggled through it (to some degree) being one of those weird kids who knew to accept difference and to fight a bit against traditional deference:-

Key to this beautifully informed and positively social process was the test of whether or not this moral respect was recipricotated.

Maybe this is too reductionist for some, still, but it does seem that this forum could not survive without the "daily mail"....wink, wink.

• The same old saying trotted out when xenophobes want the absolute right to be obnoxious to and about everything they dont like..whether its jews moslems catholics irish blacks asians the handicapped,obese etc etc.

Its the exact same garbage as 'right to religious freedom' that validates attacks on other religions,gays or women, under the sole right to protect ones own religious beliefs in exclusion to other peoples rights.

Both defences absolve any individual the responsibility to be decent human beings, to respect difference and be considerate enough not to unwittingly or deliberately cause offence.

Most men (in my considerable experience) enjoy being mysogynist homophobic racist anti semitic islamophobic animal abusers etc and the first thing they utter when confronted about it is its their country, their right to free speech etc etc

Dinosaurs became extinct due to failure to adapt.

So too will xenophobes,who share the same inflexibility.

Not before time.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

The post was edited 2 times, last by NomadicRT ().

• If you don't have anything nice to say then eat an apple, kiss someone or go snorkelling

do y'all think that will catch on?

• I hate the word tolerant or tolerate. It means to put up with things you don't really like. I tolerate absolutely nothing. I'm the most intolerant person I know. Ask any homophobe, racist or sexist (of either gender) who's been unwise enough to spout off in my hearing. Or even my 9 year old grandson when he's been misguided enough to try and push my buttons. I am however a very accepting and open minded person. There's a big difference.