Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Not used it yet matey, but bought it for the first time this year & at 1st glance it looks a useful book. Not sure how many places will welcome a self built conversion instead of a factory build, or if that will even be an issue but we shall find out when the bus is done.....

• Many pubs will let you stay in their parking,especially if you ask the landlord-lady if you have a couple of drinks will it be ok.

As long as the person in the camper is respectful and does not make a noise or a mess then there is every chance the pub will continue to let it happen.

Its one of the reasons why I have always pushed the "be respectful" bit on forums,as it only takes one attitudey moron to spoil it for everyone else.

• Dead right. A litgle pleasantness goes a long way. Britstops says parking is usually free but they "encourage" you to at least look round & possibly use the facilities while there. Fair deal if you ask me, safe haven for the night is worth buying a couple of beers or maybe a few items from a farm shop etc. If we use it we don't lose it.....;)

• Dead right. A litgle pleasantness goes a long way. Britstops says parking is usually free but they "encourage" you to at least look round & possibly use the facilities while there. Fair deal if you ask me, safe haven for the night is worth buying a couple of beers or maybe a few items from a farm shop etc. If we use it we don't lose it.....;)

Exactly , there was a woman used to park up off site then rock up in the morning and drive across the grass to the water point regardless of the conditions , fill her tank then usually wheel spin out across the site when full , I pulled her on it and got a load of abuse so I told the landlord and be banned her vehicle from the site unless she paid up front for a nights parking !!

• Yeah over the years I've seen a lot of disrespect ,leaving rubbish , toilets in a state etc etc, I have stayed in pub car parks, fields out back but tend to give them a miss now as in tee total

• Back in the 70's, short of the quid on a tour around Cornwall, my mate and I parked up in a nice little grassy lane that led off a main road high above the little town below. We were woken by noisy honking of horns at about 7.30 am, with the local rubbish lorry wanting to get past! A bit further up the lane was the local tip!

• Went to a rally one weekend in the hope valley. Put the tent up & off to get pissed! Staggered back to the tent at some stage & crashed out. Following morning when I woke up/came round, I realised it had been raining all night. Found out i'd put the tent up in a dry stream which was no longer dry. As I fell in the tent my feet were still outside the door which was facing uphill. Long story short, the stream was running over the lip of the groundsheet which my feet were holding down. Water couldnt get out the other end due to the waterproof groundsheet coming 4inches up the tent so I was laying in a 4inch deep stream of fresh running water! Not what you need in February really! Never been so cold & wet in my fuckin life....

• Went to a rally one weekend in the hope valley. Put the tent up & off to get pissed! Staggered back to the tent at some stage & crashed out. Following morning when I woke up/came round, I realised it had been raining all night. Found out i'd put the tent up in a dry stream which was no longer dry. As I fell in the tent my feet were still outside the door which was facing uphill. Long story short, the stream was running over the lip of the groundsheet which my feet were holding down. Water couldnt get out the other end due to the waterproof groundsheet coming 4inches up the tent so I was laying in a 4inch deep stream of fresh running water! Not what you need in February really! Never been so cold & wet in my fuckin life....

On the bright side you didn't need a shower in the morning!

• I remember on the way back me & my buddy ended up in a big fancy boozer on the outskirts of Hillsborough. Sunday lunchtime,place full of posh squares havin lunchy munchy & me & Dom sat by the fire, drinking Newky Broon, clouds of steam coming off us & Dom decides it was probably a reasonable idea to finish off a big ol' doobie from last night!

How we never got thrown out/arrested i'll never know....

• Well I've finally got my Britstops book and I'm pleasantly surprised, more park ups than I thought and some cool freebies,they will come in handy when faced with that ,where the flip can I park in this area! I will keep you posted when I start using a few in a weeks time.

• May be some duplication of stops but

http://ukpubstopovers.co.uk/

https://www.motorhomestopover.co.uk/

https://www.clubmotorhome.co.uk/uk-pub-stopovers/

May help.

It may or may not be worth you being a member of wildcamping.co.uk for the POI wild camping locations...its 20 quid a year.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• People on a couple of fb groups are reporting that they are using the same stopovers, and if asked if they are a britstop member and they say no they are still allowed to stay anyway.

Perhaps if that is the case there is no need to buy a new copy..

You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.

• People on a couple of fb groups are reporting that they are using the same stopovers, and if asked if they are a britstop member and they say no they are still allowed to stay anyway.

Perhaps if that is the case there is no need to buy a new copy..

Probably get away with it at the pubs but the book takes the ball ache out of having to ask and never really sure if it will be cool, I can't afford to be driving around all night until I find a sleepover .

• A mate who lives in an MH totally unaware of Britstops (until i told him) just asks at any pub he fancies stopping at. His experience is if he buys a meal or a few pints at the establishment hes free to stop. So far hes not met any unwelcome attitude or refusal. The growth in the overnight pub stopover and much needed imcome for many struggling pubs has probably rendered purchasing of books or being members of clubs largely irrelevant. Polite enquiries and spending some dosh where you want to kip is likely all you need do.

Many camping/caravan sites out of season wont generally turn you away if you dont happen to be a member of the club theyre affiliated to. Money is king.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().