WEATHER, where you are?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Lovely sunshine here most of the day, but started cold with a ground frost, and black ice lingering throughout the day in places the sun did not reach. Saw somebody on their way to work this morning slip on the unseen ice and go down, but was helped up and apparently only bruised, so fortunate the fall was not worse.

• Been 3 wet n gloomy all day here in sth Warks.

Spent the afternoon rewinterising my trailer and awning and digging out some more reading material from my storage.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• To be honest i cant find anything in the charts on any weather sites to suggest anywhere near -11 down south.

-10 in the cairngorms (windchill) Tuesday...everywhere else its -2 to -4...but blustery and sleet rain snow and hail.

Whatever it is I dont care im going nowhere.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• We had a sprinkling of snow this afternoon, but not serious stuff.

Not deep and crisp and even. Still about, some of it, on the cars and grass and trees, but gone off the paths and roads already.

It's just around freezing here now, so we might get a bit more overnight.

• Yes..Between 1400 and 1850 (little ice age) it was perfectly normal for rivers to freeze solid and ice festivals but the cold Maunder period began earlier around 1300.Happened between 450 and 850AD ...happens quite often and cyclical as it follows the solar grand minimum cycle.

Its set to happen again around 2050 when next solar grand minimum begins in earnest.....some scientists are saying it may start sooner because of magnetic polar reversal effects on our magnetosphere.

What will be,will be...we cant stop any of it,only adjust to it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().

• It wont suddenly go cold :) I think the next minimum is expected actually 2046 at the end of solar cycle 25 we're in cycle 24 presently.

What will happen is weather extremes will amplify,again this is from historical records..the worst of this cycle is due in 2021...approximately 7 times more extreme than this last two years so ee can expect more extreme summer temperature droughts,high rainfall,floods hurricanes, tornadoes, bitter winters,massive snowfalls...we got it all to come.

• Climate change isnt man made its cyclical dependent on the solar cycle variables mainly,but also how much cosmic energy we receive from space outside our own system.

We are compounding and accelerating the problem though by our activities but if we werent here the ocean temperatures would still be rising and CO2 going up and weather would become extreme .

Historically in human occupation timescale the Earth has been much warmer than it is today.

Warmer oceans mean more water vapor and heat into the atmosphere and more active violent weather systems.

Whats of more concern is the ongoing polar magnetic shift which is leading to a major weakening of our magnetosphere which will mean we are more susceptible to solar particle energy and energy from space. That puts additional energy into our atmopheric system and cosmic and solar particles are a known seeding mechanism of cloud. So we're likely to see more cloud and more rainfall in some regions but prolonged extreme drought in others.

A weaker magnetosphere also means our jet streams and previously predictable atmospheric cyckes will become more variable and unpredictable and thus so to our weather.

Unfortunately unlike previous solar cycles that man in historical times has witnessed and recorded,we have no known accounts of polar reversal effects as the last one occurred over 700,000 years ago.

Heres a little graphic you might like.

027201975253.jpg

Oh..i forgot to add,the weakening magnetosphere makes our modern world dangerously susceptible to solar flares that could damage or fry computer circuits.

The Carrington Event of 1850 we couldnt handle.We've already had major knockouts of power networks or air traffic control in the last few years from relatively minor solar flares.

Our way of life depends entirely on technology.

The post was edited 4 times, last by NomadicRT ().

• Climate change isnt man made its cyclical dependent on the solar cycle variables mainly,but also how much cosmic energy we receive from space outside our own system.

We are compounding and accelerating the problem though by our activities but if we werent here the ocean temperatures would still be rising and CO2 going up and weather would become extreme .

Historically in human occupation timescale the Earth has been much warmer than it is today.

Warmer oceans mean more water vapor and heat into the atmosphere and more active violent weather systems.

Yeah sure CO2 level would be increasing naturally and all the trees etc happily inhale it to make oxygen for us to breathe , some sort of equiibrium with small variations.Now reduce the flora and fauna ( as we have done and are still doing)=less plants to consume the CO2, now multiply amounts being produced by us (humans exhale CO2 and theres quite a few of us now) as well as Industry and transport etc.... with that in mind can you honestly say that we have no part in the PRESENT climate changes?

Yes I agree ice ages come and go but the evidence suggests over millenia not centuries, we have fucked it up very badly very quickly ie the ice caps melting at SIX TIMES the rate they were when you left school,how bad is that ? , try it with different sizes of ice in a drink.

This change is a tangible measurable quantity and to say we have no part in it is laughable.

• Yeah sure CO2 level would be increasing naturally and all the trees etc happily inhale it to make oxygen for us to breathe , some sort of equiibrium with small variations.Now reduce the flora and fauna ( as we have done and are still doing)=less plants to consume the CO2, now multiply amounts being produced by us (humans exhale CO2 and theres quite a few of us now) as well as Industry and transport etc.... with that in mind can you honestly say that we have no part in the PRESENT climate changes?

Yes I agree ice ages come and go but the evidence suggests over millenia not centuries, we have fucked it up very badly very quickly ie the ice caps melting at SIX TIMES the rate they were when you left school,how bad is that ? , try it with different sizes of ice in a drink.

This change is a tangible measurable quantity and to say we have no part in it is laughable.

if you actually read any of what i wrote i didnt say what we are doing is having no effect, I said we are compounding (making worse) the effects of a natural cycle.

We should be doing what we can to stop what negative effects we are having but we cant stop the normal cyclical solar driven climate changes.

The variables arent over millenia theyre much shorter than that.Whats not taken into account is the rapid weakening of Earths magnetosphere and how much more solar and cosmic energy thats pumping into our Oceans and atmosphere and changing Earths normal ocean and atmospheric cycles and wind patterns.

The problem is we've always been taught a rigid narrative that the present day Earth is a completely stable system and science is now finding its very dynamic and has many variables that can change the result (including our own input).

Its already too late for us to reverse what we're doing to climate.The damage is done.

Its in human interest to try to reverse the damage we have caused and replant as much forest as we can and stop the pollution but the Earth will survive perfectly well with or without us.

Its our own survival we're jeopardising.

The post was edited 4 times, last by NomadicRT ().

• Not only did I read it , I quoted it .. , re-read the first 5 words of your post out loud .

And below that i wrote

"We are compounding and accelerating the problem though by our activities but if we werent here the ocean temperatures would still be rising and CO2 going up and weather would become extreme ."

NASA and various other meteorological and space agencies know how much our climate is influenced by space weather.

It affects our atmosphere, oceans,plate tectonics,seismicity (our earthquakes and volcanics) thats why theres three satellites around the sun watching it 24/7, thats why NASA was formed,why theres no end of satellites monitoring space weather and the atmosphere and why theyre exploring the solar system to find out what the sun is doing now and has done in the past...because it has a major bearing on our survival.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().