Slow food on a solid fuel stove/ one pot meals/ perpetual stew

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• On the case, its widely available, will certainly be getting a copy. I wanted to wroite a book some years back called food for flatulence, a book of recipies for food/dishes that would be dead certs for a full on symphony of farts, Jerusalem artichokes properly do it for me :flame::faint::wave:

• ... Jerusalem artichokes properly do it for me :flame::faint::wave:

Yes, they call 'em 'fartichokes' around here:D.

I don't think the smell from them is half as bad as some other veg., though.

Parsnips are something I only get to eat if we aren't going somewhere the next day, like visiting her mother's place.

Likewise Brussels sprouts, baked beans, cauliflower, mushy peas, and roast pork. (There's a family Christmas story about roast pork that I'll have to tell you sometime).

• Yes, they call 'em 'fartichokes' around here:D.

I don't think the smell from them is half as bad as some other veg., though.

Parsnips are something I only get to eat if we aren't going somewhere the next day, like visiting her mother's place.

Likewise Brussels sprouts, baked beans, cauliflower, mushy peas, and roast pork. (There's a family Christmas story about roast pork that I'll have to tell you sometime).

Ha soundslike you need to be careful, I expect having a wet cloth on standby is a handy thing to mop up if that lot affects you Oldkeith, I believe it was a Derek an Clive sketch where Dudley Moore was laying in a hospital bed and was having lets say some trouble with wind and was parping like a trumpet while forst off calling for a nurse, then increasingthe volume and farting ever louder, and then screaming 'Nuuuuuurse', then this nurse in the form of Peter Cook walks in and and says in a very stern voice I am not going to change your sheets again Mr Hastings

And lo, upon a you tube search here is the very clip

• The idea of having to crap in a big white vase puts me off :eek: Bills and not being able to move it are other contributing factors.

Come to think of it the list is huge !!

Nomadicism is all I have ever known since leaving the nest,so I guess what I do,for me is normality !!

What this has got to do with slow cooking and stews however has been lost on me !!

• Yes,your post fitted in nicely with what was going on,and then I related to your post and even if it was a deviation from the original post it was actually no digression at all,cheers dude :thumbup:

• I can't remember if it's a thread about slow cooking or slow farting now.

(The latter is something of an accomplishment, by the way. 'Silent but deadly', as the O/H reminds me....:whistle:).

It's the wet fart you have to be careful of, because if you're out somewhere you may have to carry it around all day. Phew! Just keep moving!

Fortunately, I am rarely afflicted in this fashion, although I am told it can happen more as you get older....[panic]

• I can't remember if it's a thread about slow cooking or slow farting now.

(The latter is something of an accomplishment, by the way. 'Silent but deadly', as the O/H reminds me....:whistle:).

It's the wet fart you have to be careful of, because if you're out somewhere you may have to carry it around all day. Phew! Just keep moving!

Fortunately, I am rarely afflicted in this fashion, although I am told it can happen more as you get older....[panic]

Like wise dear boy, I am rarely afflicted, I've got an iron constitution although if I went to India and started munching back street food vendors fare I suspect things would change radically and drastically.

If as you are told things can start sliding when older as in wet farts the only advice on this front is dont wear white undercrackers :pp

• At the risk of being political :whistle: im resuscitating this thread before it gets totally covered in dust. We are approaching ye olde winter festering season and need some fiery recipes. Moroccan style Tajin a la Wiz seems a good start. :D

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• Good thread for the winter. Quick easy one pot me & the boy enjoy sometimes- Cupboard Stew.

Tin of beans

Tin of carrots

Tin of garden peas

Tin of potatoes

Tin of stewed steak(or minced beef)

1tbsp tomato puree

Dash of Wustercestershire sauce

Stir well & simmer till warmed through

Serve on its own or with crusty bread

Nothing exotic but tasty & quick.

• I think I may have already mentioned that we like to cook enough veg for two or three days at a time, and then sometimes use part of that to either make a proper curry with, or empty a tin of (usually chicken) curry in and stir it up together as a quick curry, adding maybe a little raw crushed garlic or finely-cut ginger root.

This saves cooking time - and fuel - if we get back from going out someplace and need a quick meal.