Blessings...Happy whatever...Congratulations ...etc.,

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Are commiserations allowed [contort]

So that was solstice day, the world still turns, another day on planet earth, so from here on in for the next few days, plug ears with fingers and sing la la la continually and rather loudly to block out the looming falsities.

• Do you know, within the world of alternative people, there are many many folk who all err much more towards the pagan, early Britain folk lore and will happily berate mainstream religion throughout the year as to being the cause of much troubled times and aggro around the world throughout history to modern times. These very same people will then all of a sudden fling all that to one side and get all engrossed big time in christmas which is as high a main stream religious festival as any you could ever wish (or not) for. I dont seem to understand why when it is plain and clear as to their views on main stream religion, they get so engrossed and buy wholesale into the christmas furore.

• Sadly Wiz they are not alternative, just sad peeps who are still part of and will continue to be 'in the system' fully as long as they worship the gluttonous selfish financial side of the christmas charade.

• I completely agree the modern day Christmas celebrations are a massive shitfest of money spending and worship of stuff whether its the Christmas Christian narrative or the booze and over consumption gods.

As much as I dislike it, I doubt there was much difference back in pagan times when folks had to give over their best sheep n goats n chickens n geese and contribute to a 2 month spectacle of drunken food gorging and celebration of Yule.

It doesnt really matter what era,humans have always had an ability to over indulge gorge and consume in celebration of one nonsense or another simply because they can snd because it makes a change of normal daily tedium.

Maybe we -quite rightly -think its wasteful spending on stuff to throw away.

I guess it was probably a bit wasteful pagans sacrificing perfectly serviceable or even the best human males females and children in the community in the hope the sun god would return.(which it would anyway).

Pagans are hypocrites? Humans are hypocrites..whats new?

The best approach is to fuck off into the hills and be a sadhu in some cave and leave all the hypocrites to get on with it.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• But back in Pagan times you stuffed yourself with what you could afford, no overdrafts or easy access to finance to enable you to eat more than you could afford to. Nowadays the general public is just there for plucking to feed a huge heartless financial system and over the last few years have been increasingly brainwashed but not by religion but commerce, religion's just an excuse,

on the whole they are just....

• I'll cough to having small pack of fresh ground coffee off a gorgeous Colombian lass on Ludlow market who talks to me every week. She has a beautiful length of Guatamalan native cloth as a backdrop on her stall that I'd love to have for my box, just a case of persuading her.:flowerpower:

• The god of religion has been replaced by consuming,

the priest in the pulpit replaced by the TV..

All hail the TV God.

Im pleased to say i have no Christmas fare in my abode....unless a Christmas pudding i made for last year counts.

If i have anything i will make Norwegian Yule Cake (its spicy bread) and make some La Befana Cake maybe some Panettone.

I may buy some more mince pies if i dont make any.

If i had the money id have probably rented a cottage on Sark for the holiday and left all the lemmings to fight over the Boxing day 'bargains'

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• M christmas fare doesnt involve food and booze. It's paaaaaaarty time, time to attack wiz's pharmacopoeia adven (ture) calendar, these norfolk picked liberty caps have got quite the reputation, thankfull I got my er hum shopping done for the rest of the selection before my ended up transportless, Shilgin and Hoffman would be super chuffed that their pioneering work still lives on :insane:

• So that's that for another year....I got through the season unscathed (not having to deal with adverts or radio stations that do Xmas before Xmas) because modern technology is a blessing....

There is, of course, all the 'new year' bollocks to deal with but it's mostly a lesser evil and lacks the full on evil power of consumerist Xmas.

Hope you all suffered minimally this Xmas.

• Yes, a minimal suffering Xmas... Only very moderate spending on food and drink, and little spending on presents and visits.

No exposure to television, apart from the last minutes of some film called Jungle Book on Xmas day.

No religious stuff, apart from an open-air Pagan solstice ceremony which was acted out with great good humour and lack of pretentiousness by some lovely people (Especially the red-haired green-gowned Druid priestess:love:)...

• Yes, a minimal suffering Xmas... Only very moderate spending on food and drink, and little spending on presents and visits.

No exposure to television, apart from the last minutes of some film called Jungle Book on Xmas day.

No religious stuff, apart from an open-air Pagan solstice ceremony which was acted out with great good humour and lack of pretentiousness by some lovely people (Especially the red-haired green-gowned Druid priestess:love:)...

Steady on Keith old chap, I've had experience of the druid preistess types, they'll have you cutting up frogs and bats and they threaten to do unpleasant magic on your manly parts if you piss them off [panic]

• Steady on Keith old chap, I've had experience of the druid preistess types, they'll have you cutting up frogs and bats and they threaten to do unpleasant magic on your manly parts if you piss them off [panic]

Not this one; too good-humoured and full of fun. Got a hug off her, too:).

And a 'Down-boy' off the missus, of course....:flowerpower: