Traveller 'cleansing' gets the go ahead

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I was of the opinion most folk in the UK joined the military as a career choice, one to develop skills and gain a trade, see the world etc. Defence of “our” country if/when required goes without saying or they could join the foreign legion.

Im getting on your back again AW....soz....etc....etc ...

"Choice" is questionable....

But it would be worse than rude of me to deny that it may have been a "choice" for those that "chose" the option.....

Worse than rude it is apparently sociologically proven that it is condescending, patronising and downright bad form to suggest that people's horizons have been amputated....

Some dick said "let them eat cake"....

Pride is a bastard and just now it seems potential recruits are overwhelmed with information that suggests it is about business and profit and naff all to do with their more legitimate reasoning.

• No worries zendaze, my back might be fucked, but the scaffolding can take all you’ve got. :)

It would appear valour and gallantry is only disco skin deep these days amongst the young'ens. & ‘Girls just wanna have fun’

Harsh reality of today’s mobile platoon is, you don’t know where your going till your gone and a soldier really is only a number.

I admit joining up was farthest from my agenda when young. Back then a job in the army was akin to going fishing. It didn’t matter if you didn’t catch a war battle, visiting the best waters was the bonus.

Over the years and on reflection, I’ve been drawn to a job in MOD stores though.

• I come from UK and lm a English Romany gypsy and all my family going back years London rag and bone man so y do l we English gypsys get tared with same brush and law takes away r rights moves us on and say after Brexit all gypsys Roma's go home l come from England and always have so y r tha taken r rights to live on r own land and travel around like we always have if that's not rasisam l don't no wat is not conserned about finding out how we r different in so many ways from Irish and Roma just a way of afnick cleansing just get read of all gypsys it's disgusting in this modern world that this is still happening very unhappy mad piky lol

• Law denies pretty much everyone the right to live on their own land.

It's all about interpretation. It's no fun being a victim and especially shitty to be victimised by laws and policies enforced in a so called evolved democracy.

You do have the group identity and racial harassment card to play in your favour so I guess that's better than having nothing.

• I come from UK and lm a English Romany gypsy and all my family going back years London rag and bone man so y do l we English gypsys get tared with same brush and law takes away r rights moves us on and say after Brexit all gypsys Roma's go home l come from England and always have so y r tha taken r rights to live on r own land and travel around like we always have if that's not rasisam l don't no wat is not conserned about finding out how we r different in so many ways from Irish and Roma just a way of afnick cleansing just get read of all gypsys it's disgusting in this modern world that this is still happening very unhappy mad piky lol

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Spain and the ingrained hatred the Spanish have towards Gypsies is shocking.
    If you hold a British passport after a Brexit then you have the same rights as the rest of us.
    Did your family declare their “Gypsy status” when living in London? It was a metropolitan census to finalise how many Gypsy plots/sites the ten government were duty bound to provide. Most Travellers/Gypsies didn’t trust the government census data gathering, so avoided putting their names on the census. Resulting in fewer pitches/sites allocated than was really needed.

Have you had any personal contact/support/dealings with they Gypsy Council in England? If so did they help?

• Ya have had dealing with council my family have a piace of land in Dorset tha have owned for over 100 years 30ish years ago he sold land oppeset that grandad kept horses on and let family stop on tha to developers tha built houses and new residents got a purtishion together to get read of gypsys out of village and wen my grandad died tha took lisence away and moved 6 of mums siblings out on to road and land still sits empty till this day and council backed campaign to get gypsys out of village that we have lived it for over 100 years going back many generations and 4years ago l managed to afford a old run down cottage and bit of land neer Wisbech put my caravans on it to do up house and villages got pitch forks out and council stepped in now live in van for work till sell house cuz not wanted in village du to rasised bigets from council have managed to make more gypsy family homeless so u can understand y don't like government cuz tha been trying to get read of us English gypsys for years and still r mad piky

• Set of bastards mate, move into the fuckin countryside cos its rural & quiet then want to make it like the fuckin city! I came from a small farming village till the fuckin townies moved in & started pissing & moaning about the smell & the cows etc. Now there's only one farm left ( my old man) & he's had to move right out to the edge of the village & still surrounded by the twats. I was born there but can never imagine being able to afford to live there again. Life is a fund sometimes mate but they can't take away what you are inside....👍😉

• Ya have had dealing with council my family have a piace of land in Dorset tha have owned for over 100 years 30ish years ago he sold land oppeset that grandad kept horses on and let family stop on tha to developers tha built houses and new residents got a purtishion together to get read of gypsys out of village and wen my grandad died tha took lisence away and moved 6 of mums siblings out on to road and land still sits empty till this day and council backed campaign to get gypsys out of village that we have lived it for over 100 years going back many generations and 4years ago l managed to afford a old run down cottage and bit of land neer Wisbech put my caravans on it to do up house and villages got pitch forks out and council stepped in now live in van for work till sell house cuz not wanted in village du to rasised bigets from council have managed to make more gypsy family homeless so u can understand y don't like government cuz tha been trying to get read of us English gypsys for years and still r mad piky

Totally hear you Mad Picky, there is still discrimination dont matter how they colour it, makes me mad. The biggest problem round where I am parked up now is the Irish version of travellers, not being rascist or anti and it's certainly not all of them here but they cause more problems than any other sector of the travelling community and it gives a bad name to others.

The only time I never got discrimination or moved on by the old bill or council was when I was travelling with me grys and wagon, 10 years full time of that way of travelling was the best, as soon as I went back to vehicle travelling, that was it, it all started again Now I have to half hide on a farm park up to stay off their radar, it boils my piss that the councils say you cant live anywhere, we are only acceptable if we live in houses and live like them, well fuck that.couldnt handle it.

• Maybe wouldn't suck so much living in a house if it wasn't just another angle for some cunt to fleece you again. Rent is so out of the park expensive now a lot of people just can't afford it. Own your own house & its just pay out again all the time. Maybe would be ok, but then your freedom to live how you want is also curtailed & now it feels like your just on the treadmill. Work full time just to give it all away to greedy bastards who already have far more than they will ever need, & eat beans on toast cos there isn't enough wage left to even feed yourself properly. This country is ducked now & won't get better till we realise the whole system is bent & needs sorting...

• Just to look at this from a different bend in the social road.

Maybe wouldn't suck so much living in a house if it wasn't just another angle for some cunt to fleece you again. Rent is so out of the park expensive now a lot of people just can't afford it.

Rented housing has never been “free” yes years back it was cheaper, but wages was a lot less.
    My mother in law now has invested in two properties she is renting out. But she “chose” to rent out through a Council run scheme which guarantees some secure rental mgt, but also keeps the rental income from both properties within a fair rent bracket. While at the same-time, Paying rent herself to another landlord providing her with rented accommodation. So like many landlords, she ain’t a greedy bastard.

No not “all landlords” are fleecing tenants. But have invested their own hard earned life savings in securing a modest annual income for themselves. We all know residential properties are in short supply. Right to own, second homes and greed by the majority have inflated rental costs of properties to obscene levels. The fair rents officer no longer exists, exposing the market and tenants to exploitation. Since Council houses are “sold off” fewer “affordable properties” built. It’s not just the cunts who are to blame for the housing crisis. It’s everyone of us who contributed to this system even if by default. :S

• Maybe wouldn't suck so much living in a house if it wasn't just another angle for some cunt to fleece you again. Rent is so out of the park expensive now a lot of people just can't afford it. Own your own house & its just pay out again all the time. Maybe would be ok, but then your freedom to live how you want is also curtailed & now it feels like your just on the treadmill. Work full time just to give it all away to greedy bastards who already have far more than they will ever need, & eat beans on toast cos there isn't enough wage left to even feed yourself properly. This country is ducked now & won't get better till we realise the whole system is bent & needs sorting...

Exactly that BigBear, it is a way for some other cunt to fleece others and it's all about making money and not providing housing. I'm all for fair and in line with what a person earns but it is so not like that these days. I have no interest in house dwelling but I talk to folk and look around, what I see as average rents for the pokiest shit holes in shit hole places is frightening.
    Round here, for private rent your only going to get a bedsit for £500 a month. My sister has a housing association place, an old stock council house from probably before the war or just after, she's been there many years and that is £600 a month, plus all the bills. to me thats mental, £500 a month + all bills, I couldnt afford that in a million years. no wonder so many people go into the minus each month after they have paid all bills and fed themselves the best they can. Fuck houses, I wasnt born into this life to slog my arse off just to pay bills and go to bed half hungry, depressed and worried like a huge chunk of the population.