Flu jab or not?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I support your findings zendaze. Until I had young kids constantly around me. I would be quite unlucky if I had any symptoms of a annual cold. Sometimes going more than 4years between them. Prior to that, if I did get a cold they would knock the crap out of me.

Since having the flu jab last year, the cold that I did get was no way near as serious or heavy on snott, sniffles our kids and Lyndsey suffered. It did hang around however for several weeks and moved to our lungs quite quickly. Coincidence of having had the flu virus? I think not, but happy to have been let off lightly.

• If you think it makes a difference to the length and duration of your colds, AW, I'd go get it!

Everybody's body chemistry is different, and what might be just okay for some might be lots better for others. It - the flu jab - is unlikely to do harm, just so long as it doesn't give false confidence to go mixing with flu-stricken folks, unless they're your own and you have to.

(If we catch anyone sneezing and snuffling at our Shed, we send the beggars home - no sense in coming in and giving it to everybody else!).

• Flu is flu, colds are colds...same as MMR jab won't stop you from getting chickenpox init!

Chicken pox is what my 5 yr old grand daughter is going through atm , I was unlucky enough to have had it twice, seems mild as a kid gives some immunity but if you come across it again later in life a fearsome battle ensues,I got it second time round as I hit 30 and I thought/hoped I was gonna die for several weeks.

• Chicken pox is what my 5 yr old grand daughter is going through atm , I was unlucky enough to have had it twice, seems mild as a kid gives some immunity but if you come across it again later in life a fearsome battle ensues,I got it second time round as I hit 30 and I thought/hoped I was gonna die for several weeks.

Likewise had it twice and at about 30. Apart from being totally kyboshed the spots made acne sufferers appear amateurs. Later in life had a couple of doses of shingles which aren't fun either.

• Had chickenpox once. Out partying in Sheffield at 18 I felt unwell. Took a bus to where I lived at the farm, but didn’t make it home. I took a detour to my mums house. Threw myself at my mothers mercy.

A few hours after crashing on her settee. I realised I had a white “live” pet mouse in my coat pocket. Told mum to put it inside the peddle bin in the bathroom with a drink of waster. Fking mouse drove us mad for two days by jumping on the bin lid mechanism, this lifted and dropped the lid, making a racket all night.

In the end I got mum to drive the mouse back the the farm and lock it in my bedroom.

When I recovered from chickenpox and after giving my older brother and younger sister chickenpox. I found the mouse had made a bed inside my bedding before fking off to live in the mud and daub farmhouse walls.