And plan for the weekend IS.....

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Good morning beautiful people,I shall be chilling out in a lovely little park up at the end of a canal where hardly anyone ever goes. Probably listen to some nice music and enjoy a good book. Lovely xx

• Sounds fab Fly...…….. My Chloe and her wife have the weekend off, really unusual, so Clo wants to go 'somewhere' for my birthday treat. I was thinking about a place I've not been since Clo was about ten. I/we used to go at least once a week up on the Gog's - Gog Magog hills - and wander around Wandlebury until we came to a tree, which Clo aptly named 'Tree'. At the bench beside Tree we would have lunch, usually a roll from our lovely bakers but sometimes a spit-roast chicken - still warm - from little butchers shop in Fen Ditton on our way there. So peaceful overlooking the golf course and on a clear day you can see our 'ship of the fens', Ely cathedral, from there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandlebury_Hill_Fort

No photo description available.pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Doing a little computer repair work; turning up the legs of a pair of almost-new jeans bought for a few quid in a charity shop; doing the cooking while the O/H is busy in the garden; checking over a might-be-dodgy electric mower we have been given; cutting a bottom hole in a compost Darlek and making a frame and door to fit; hopefully getting down to the allotment to make a few squash pits and fill them with manure; Etc.

Just a pretty normal sort of bank holiday weekend, really.....:D

• You both sound like VERY busy little bees, buzz buzz, wish I could join in with your fun, guys! <3

Me.....I'm just sat here watching all my usual parent and baby birds along with mr and mrs pheasant, who are here 4,5,6 times a day...oh and a young bunny has just joined the picnic fun too! Who needs 'mad hatters'...…….:boing::boing::boing::boing::boing::boing::boing::boing::boing::boing:

• Akasha, your place sounds as pretty much untidy as ours....

Trying to find things sometimes can be difficult; if I'm going someplace in the morning and need to take something, I have to sort it out the night before to avoid any last-minute panic [panic]

• Akasha, my Marian is a hoarder, sort of; you mention it, she collects it!

We have thousands of books around the walls, shelves and shelves of model ships and boats she's bought over the years that rarely get dusted, piles of books and maps everywhere on the floor (She's a map fiend), stacks of boxes of stuff that were brought in for sorting out and never got done, pot plants on every windowsill and on odd stools here and there, and do-dads on every bloody mantelpiece. When we occasionally hoover it's just the visible bits that get done!

It's a wonder we can sit down sometimes! When her brother comes to visit we often have to clear a third armchair so he can settle his ass. He grunts disapprovingly but his own place is pretty much the same. He was six months putting a new lav in himself to save on paying a plumber; I dunno what and where he used in the meantime! Didn't like to ask...

Yet the mother of them both is fairly tidy!

I suppose I've got used to it over the years, and so long as I can walk about without tripping over, and have a chair to sit in, I'm okay. I'm not the most tidy sort of bloke myself, I will admit, but any stuff I might collect is always going to be useful, of course....:whistle:

• Your house sounds the business Keith. Just the right environment for a big ol' bear to feel comfy👍😀

• My daughter, from the age of 13, has always refused to leave the house before looking IMMACULATE...……………..but...…..

Between the ages of 13 - 15 she was ALWAYS going walkabouts, so much so I had [plod] on speed dial for occasions I couldn't track her down. She would escape via her bedroom window at midnight and cycle 7 miles into town or bunk school and get a train somewhere or other. Anyway after I phoned one day a rozzer came round asking if her bedroom could be checked.....rozzer came to tell me daughters room had been ''totally trashed'', to which I had to reply that was totally normal! :eek:

• Very sad I have had to drop out of Dovedale. Last Saturday I busked a couple of songs during an XR action at a local Barclays Bank. This Saturday I'm drumming for a band at a festival in Northampton. Although I've played percussion for years I've never considered myself a kit drummer. I guess the band ran out of people to ask and came to me. I was very anxious about it till the rehearsal last Friday, but it was a lot more enjoyable than I feared it might be and I felt I made a reasonable contribution to the sound. The other musicians in the band are people I rate highly and I didn't want to let them down. So, another rehearsal tomorrow and lots of private practice in the between-times. I'm not anticipating a change of career, but maybe I'll end up doing a bit more drumming?

• I have to work this coming Saturday and spend Sunday recovering from the previous six days efforts.

That being said, I am planning a break in Morocco toward the end of November. Going to stay in Chefchaouen for ten days.

The last visit was in that town was 1975. Passed it many times since but never stopped there.

• Mere carnival Saturday night.

My daughter is a majorette so its our first carnival of the season...I'm the troupe trainers accomplice / book-keeper so I'll be pompoming for an hour to keep our girls going :)

We'll be doing hair/face decoration from 4pm and then get them all to the town, walk them through to the start point and pray for a warm breezeless evening!!!! My aim is to try not to lose my voice this year... Its shouting into the gormless phone-obsessed onlookers to give us a clap and party it up a bit... Shepton Mallet is our favourite coz they know how to do carnival there :)

• Mere carnival Saturday night.

My daughter is a majorette so its our first carnival of the season...I'm the troupe trainers accomplice / book-keeper so I'll be pompoming for an hour to keep our girls going :)

We'll be doing hair/face decoration from 4pm and then get them all to the town, walk them through to the start point and pray for a warm breezeless evening!!!! My aim is to try not to lose my voice this year... Its shouting into the gormless phone-obsessed onlookers to give us a clap and party it up a bit... Shepton Mallet is our favourite coz they know how to do carnival there :)

I saw the word Majorette!

Hellloooo!

I used to be a troupe leader once upon a time and I looooove Majorettes!!!

Do post some pics when done. I love seeing other troupes uniforms.

Man I am sad :insane: hahaha!!