And plan for the weekend IS.....

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• We all have ideas of stuff we want, or intend, to do of a weekend…..whats YOURS?

This weekend I'm going to be getting my head in gear for getting to hospital for 7am on Friday, I'm dreading it!

Its the last weekend for the sport I love so this afternoon I'll be watching the box while I get a few bits sorted on the lappy and then I think there may be something on later from the Invictus Games - awesome people who I respect deeply.

The sun is beautiful, its warm too, so have a fab Saturday/weekend everyone! :sun:

• Well today I am trying to sort the engine on the tk , just done a pressure test , next a compression test then a test to see if I have any gasses in my water system , if all is good a full engine and rad flush through is next on the list

tomorrow I will be of treasure hunting with my partner and out detectors

• Well today I am trying to sort the engine on the tk , just done a pressure test , next a compression test then a test to see if I have any gasses in my water system , if all is good a full engine and rad flush through is next on the list

tomorrow I will be of treasure hunting with my partner and out detectors

Oh right, Is Vera chucking up a problem ? hope you get to the bottom of it,

If your shovel hits a metal box and its got wizard1luv engraved on the lid, just scrape the soil back over and move on, I know its there and is safe :whistle:

• Oh right, Is Vera chucking up a problem ? hope you get to the bottom of it,

If your shovel hits a metal box and its got wizard1luv engraved on the lid, just scrape the soil back over and move on, I know its there and is safe :whistle:

Found a box like that last year , full of some sort of white powdery stuff ???

as for the tk , probably just the hot weather don't know but when we had that 35 degree weather she boiled up and decided to throw red hot water out of the header tank , pulled over let her cool down before filling up again and managed to a friends yard , checked it over could not see anything , but had no testing tools with me so just took the thermostat out case it was the problem , 10 miles on overheated again got to my woods and rested up for a few days , while there I fitted a extra electric fan to the front of the rad , running from a switch on the dash , managed to get to my other mates yard and thats where its been since , need to find out whats wrong as I hate unreliable motors

• Found a box like that last year , full of some sort of white powdery stuff ???

as for the tk , probably just the hot weather don't know but when we had that 35 degree weather she boiled up and decided to throw red hot water out of the header tank , pulled over let her cool down before filling up again and managed to a friends yard , checked it over could not see anything , but had no testing tools with me so just took the thermostat out case it was the problem , 10 miles on overheated again got to my woods and rested up for a few days , while there I fitted a extra electric fan to the front of the rad , running from a switch on the dash , managed to get to my other mates yard and thats where its been since , need to find out whats wrong as I hate unreliable motors

I remember you telling me about the overheating now, process of elimination. You'll get there.

As for the box with white powdery stuff, I'd have give it a taste test, then a snort test or was it obviously not anything class A lol. I've known one person in the past who offered a hefty reward as they forgot the exact spot they buried a stash. 10 people with shovels in a set of woods never found anything after two days so we gave up.

• My weekend was wicked, A carboot sale visit with my sidekick little girl. Today a meeting with members of the Viking re-enactments society... I’m wanting to join up and play the Viking camp life. So many transferable skills and interests from leather and wood crafts, blacksmithing, tool use and camp facilitating. I would love to knock fk out of each other at re-enactments with swords and axes, but I’ll settle for the sedentary camp life.

• Spent most of my weekend repairing a thrown-out sideboard, and turning it into a potting bench for the O/H. Great fun, really!

Replaced the missing back with pallet slats, repaired the wrecked front doors with matching pallet slats too, and rehung the doors, then stained the whole thing with teak weatherproofing stain. It weighs a lot more now than it did when we found it, and hopefully will last some time.:thumbup:

• Fixing stuff and refitting some bits and finishing off others on a bike , or Vera the TK or my LDV blat camper

when the clocks go back its my time to start fixing stuff and refitting / remodeling the truck and van

and maybe some detecting on sunday

• Doing a mate's flood damaged scooter, getting someone to do my barrel change on another scooter and sticking a new tubeless valve and tyre on the rat scooter. Thats after I had a long kip after a 60 detour on way home tonight due to a road closure following accident and Sunday um...........................

• Aye its alright really, now warm and cosy by the burner with radio 4 on and looking forard to cooking me a big thick mushroom omlette. My day is always a result when my day remains twat and idiot free, I make a point of not seeing many people, only those that are trusted not to bring ruin to a day, not thats its happened today but avoidance tactics tend to lead to happy days unfettered by fools. :)

• Ooooo mushroom omelette sounds lush, my Sunday dinner will be a pot noodle, IF I'm lucky!

Well today I'm sorting 'paperwork' and continuing my hunt for something suitable to send to Australia. Haven't seen my cousin since early 80's and I miss her lots.

This xmas will be a very lonely one again I think... but hey.

• Ooooo mushroom omelette sounds lush, my Sunday dinner will be a pot noodle, IF I'm lucky!

Well today I'm sorting 'paperwork' and continuing my hunt for something suitable to send to Australia. Haven't seen my cousin since early 80's and I miss her lots.

This xmas will be a very lonely one again I think... but hey.

Clo will be cooking for you all. She’s not daft.

• Heading out to la pharmacie shortly to buy some new dressings for the wound I sustained falling in the river a fortnight ago. I'm using up French Whale Fan's supply having used up the ones I brought over to France with me. Tomorrow we are off to Annecy to see a cinema live broadcast of the Bolshoi Ballet performing La Sylphide. Last Sunday I saw Wagner's Die Walküre under similar conditions in Peterborough. I had a a friend who had enough stamina to attend the whole Ring Cycle at Covent Garden. I spoke to her on Monday and she was already exhausted with two more nights to go. The live broadcasts are pretty amazing, though, and in some ways better - in particular the views are better than being in the audience at the opera house. I'm not convinced that the sound is as good though. Real music in a real setting is always better innit?

• Heading out to la pharmacie shortly to buy some new dressings for the wound I sustained falling in the river a fortnight ago. I'm using up French Whale Fan's supply having used up the ones I brought over to France with me. Tomorrow we are off to Annecy to see a cinema live broadcast of the Bolshoi Ballet performing La Sylphide. Last Sunday I saw Wagner's Die Walküre under similar conditions in Peterborough. I had a a friend who had enough stamina to attend the whole Ring Cycle at Covent Garden. I spoke to her on Monday and she was already exhausted with two more nights to go. The live broadcasts are pretty amazing, though, and in some ways better - in particular the views are better than being in the audience at the opera house. I'm not convinced that the sound is as good though. Real music in a real setting is always better innit?

It sounds amazing! I hope you have a fabulous time and heal quickly x

• Oh such plans for the weekend, yeah right, my head ends up delivering messages like oh fuck it I'll do it tomorrow, I have washed the floor in my truck first thing this morning though, thats one I can tick off the list, rest of the tidying, oh fuck it I'll do it tomorrow but I probably wont, Oh fuck it I'll do it next weekend but I probably wont :whistle:

• Oh such plans for the weekend, yeah right, my head ends up delivering messages like oh fuck it I'll do it tomorrow, I have washed the floor in my truck first thing this morning though, thats one I can tick off the list, rest of the tidying, oh fuck it I'll do it tomorrow but I probably wont, Oh fuck it I'll do it next weekend but I probably wont :whistle:

Its the BEST bit about living alone, worst bit is theres no one to lend a hand!

• It is the best bit about living alone for sure, but the better bit of being on your own is there is no one to nag asnd twist your lugholes about getting shit done or make you do shit you dont want or cant be arsed to do.

• Work for the weekend before doing lengthy statutory and mandatory online unpaid training next week.

Apparently, because I am a temp, I don't get paid for doing such training....I can't quite fathom how this is possible but it appears that the law allows it.

I have the hump.