PAIN - treatment/relief...all types.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• PAIN...treatment/relief..

We ALL get Pain, of some kind at some time from a simple headache or toothache right through to excruciating pain caused by any number of injuries or illness.

I'm interested in the meds you've had, what works - or doesn't - for you.

Also I'd like to hear of any alternative treatments you have tried or would like to try.....herbalism, acupuncture, colour therapy, faith healing, hydrotherapy, crystals, etc., etc. What made a difference, or not?/:shrug:

• Blue edition CBD oil from the CBD brothers company in East Anglia, the best on the market and they seriously know their shit. It's amazing for stopping a bit of anxiety from feeling pain as well.

• Blue edition CBD oil from the CBD brothers company in East Anglia, the best on the market and they seriously know their shit. It's amazing for stopping a bit of anxiety from feeling pain as well.

I use the blue edition from them,2 drops under my tongue twice a day,it most certainly has given my mood a lift and my energy levels have increased.

• Could do with a free sample. I like many have wasted thousands on hearsay and pseudo treatments.

Yep as said above, they do send samples out of each one to try which is sensible really rather than spend out to find something does not suit, CBD brothers really are at where the oils need to be for for use, they have their own labs etc and run high quality consistency test and they are not in it just for the money, its their passion as they believe in it.

Website here

https://cbdbrothers.com/

• As a very sick child I way hypnotised 3 or 4 times which was useful and then taught self hypnosis/meditation.

NOW...well my gp will often call in if she is in the village - we are very similar, both have one daughter each of the same age so we sit and chat. One day she asked ''Completely OFF the record have you ever smoked?''...……… IF they offer you it, when it becomes legal which WILL be very soon, PLEASE try it!!!! Hmmm...maybe!

• Me personally I always prefer to make a phone call to make initail contact from a business if I need something rather than just signing into an account and dive straight into line purchasing, human contact counts for a lot in my books.

They are at Bury st Edmunds area and you can drop in and do over the counter and go talk to folk there so if your ever over that way they are very welcoming.

• Shame I ain't got wheels otherwise blah, blah...……...

Aw well maybe some nearby kindly soul who is after some as well could do a day trip.

Now that could be a good Idea. Remember in the old days when we drove about the Country all hours of day and night, trying to score drugs? Well it’s about time we relived our youth Akasha. I could drive you there, we could both score, then go have some fish and chips, just because we can. :)

• Now that could be a good Idea. Remember in the old days when we drove about the Country all hours of day and night, trying to score drugs? Well it’s about time we relived our youth Akasha. I could drive you there, we could both score, then go have some fish and chips, just because we can. :)

Go on relive the youth, you picked up on the indirect hint to go for a day out you know you want to, amd I bet Akasha will right behind it, or next to in the passenger seat.

Yep remember those scoring forrays well, on occasions it wasnt fun it but overall looking back it was, different times eh.

• So now. Drs are imminently able to prescribe cannabis oil in the UK.

Whilst guidelines for its "licenced" prescription will be quite restrictive it will be very interesting to see how quickly consultant physicians choose to prescribe it "off licence" for a number of conditions and symptoms that it is known to alleviate.

• So now. Drs are imminently able to prescribe cannabis oil in the UK.

Whilst guidelines for its "licenced" prescription will be quite restrictive it will be very interesting to see how quickly consultant physicians choose to prescribe it "off licence" for a number of conditions and symptoms that it is known to alleviate

Yeah maybe for those that can afford private clinic in Harley Street. No doubt there will be a black market emerge.

• Aye.....Tis likely.

So what are we going to do to change that?.......fuck all is what we will do because the "game is rigged"....

Do you deserve to play in that "rigged game"...?. I deserve better and it sounds like you do too and yet here is where we are....

• I will put it to the test zendaze. I will see if our health service and government will see the benefit of me being prescribed medicinal cannabis in any form, as apposed to the fentanyl patches I use constantly and the quick release Fentanyl lozenges that I have 4 of per day. Now surely we can’t argue over value for money.

8 x 72hour patches per month. £40+ for 4 patches @ £80 per month

60 x 800mcg fentanyl lozenges £13 each @ £780 per month

My monthly prescription price = £860.00 per month.

Not including the little bit of paper “the script” @ £8.80 “this bit I pay” :)

Surely monthly medicinal cannabis on prescription can’t be more costly than that?

Then there’s the health risks with using synthetic opioids. Liver damage, potential overdose. On health ground medicinal cannabis should win on both of the above.

So let’s see if the game is rigged in favour of big pharma. First I have to arrange a doctors appointment, which can take and often does take 3 weeks.

• Crikey chap, thats some script, obviously you need it to be on fentanyl patches and lozenges. Whats the liklihood of medical cannabis providing the same pain relief as the fentanyl, mmm not sure about that, it will be healthier for you for sure but it's about relieving pain, cannabis is more for relaxing nervous disorders like seizures, anxiety, parkinsons etc rather than serious pain relief.

So whats the patches and lozenges like, apart from the pain relief, do they gouch you out a bit or make you drowsy in turn restricting driving and being active etc when they kick in.

• I started on Fentanyl patches around 2006 ongoing from the standard painkilling protocol, as far back as 2004. Morphine, Codeine, pethidine, tramadol. I tried nerve drugs over several trials but nothing suitable or beneficial. Following increasing gagging reflexes (throwing up) immediately after swallowing pills. I was in danger of overdosing on Pethidine, so went onto sublingual Temgesic. Once my stomach stablised I found a cleaner, stronger, constant pain relief in the form of Fentanyl patches, which deliver a loosely calibrated hourly dose rate for upto 72 hours at a time or longer. Freeing myself from the rollercoaster crashing and peeking pain management routine.

Over the years my tolerance climbed, I increased and then decreased the strength and number of patches used at once and to combat breakthrough pain in 2008 I was given the Fentanyl lozenges. Todate I have found them to give me relief most of the time. I did find drowsiness would ensue (especially if I became comfortable and after many days of poor sleep), but never while active or driving. I did get physically clumsy with limited mobility and would find my legs, ribs or arms covered in bruises due to not feeling pain generally. Often suffering wounds that would require medical treatment but without the feeling of pain, made for interesting viewing.

When the drug driving law was introduced, I was told I had to reduce my intake and was advised to take 6 to 12 months slowly nibbling away, to reduce levels to half original dose. What made me think more, was the consultant telling me that even half my daily dose would kill a none opiate tolerant man. I reduced my Fentanyl dose by a third immediately with very little if any side effects. And this dose has remained generally constant on all but my bad days.

I function normally, physically mobile and more often than not push my ability envelope (it’s a stubborn man thing) but paying attention to my body signals and acting accordingly is the best pain management regime I’ve found. Many of the things I enjoyed doing I can no longer do (without drastic consequences) if I were dependent on pharmaceutical morphine by now I would need a bucket full daily.

Thankfully I have good will power and can avoid self prescribing and I’m able to back track should this happen. Experience is not to be underestimated.

I will say that being a daily smoker of cannabis at the time of my accident and for 8 years after. I never considered that type of Cannabis to be a viable pain killer, other than a sympathetic distraction from the pain and a tool to improve relaxation.

However placebo and the mind are strong tools. If I do trial any prescribed medicinal cannabis products, I hope for the best from it.

• That is a load to have to deal with. If it meant you could get prescribed medicinal cannabis to then be able to lower the other meds then yes, I'd be all for giving it a go it if it was me and really, so should a doctor be in the frame of mind to prescribe medicinal cannabis to see how you got on with a view to lower the fentanyl of which the long term side effects on the body will be far greater than medicinal cannabis. Someone I used to know has fibromyalgia and he ended up self prescribing morphine patches as and when and it got to the stage he was over doing it and the patches didnt do much for him so he suffered for that, good on you for having the will power to not self prescribe.

• I would hope it saves the nhs money, helps me reduce background pain, eases up on any body deterioration and makes me a happier chappy for it.

If and when growing and possession of cannabis and it’s many variants are decriminalised.

I would/will be experimenting along with other interested parties, to see what the plant really can contribute to live and happiness.