My awakening and numbers

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I've mentioned before about me seeing numbers, mainly palindrome numbers (yes I know you think I'm nuts) but I've just realised my awakening was just before my birthday which at the time was a palindromic number! Eeeekkkkkk I'm excited and I don't know why!

I'm one step closer to working stuff out or not but yay!

• Theyre not just numbers though,the entire universe and every form of life is structured and governed by mathematical code sequences and patterns. Square,Cubic,Triangular,Fibonacci and others are all parts of naturally occurring mathematical geometry that make up everything and determine the shape and growth of something whether its rock chrystals or trees or ice patterns or human cells.

Fractals (geometric patterns)are found in all forms of naturally occurring structures.

DNA of which we're all constructed is a mathematically arranged geometrical helix pattern on which the code of our individual chatacteristics are written.

Its not unusual for folks to see palindrome patterns in numbers regularly,or to see regular repeat number sequences in apparently random things,I do all the time.

What no ones adequately explained is why some folks see these patterns all the time and some never ever do.

Or why theres often a rash of unconnected folks who all see these patterns in the same short time interval, or that theyve never seen any patterns then suddenly start seeing them constantly and have never encountered the phenomena before.

Sorry,not just a number,life is maths.

• :yawn:

• Where to start , pi,fi , 43200 ,origins of the present day meter v the cubit, squaring the circle pyramids and the earth/moon .... ,and dont even get me started on sacred geometry , I could sit and draw Metatrons cube all day long :)

• Can you explain?

• Can you explain?

I can but ill probably bore Deidre X/

Look up Sacred geometry,the Golden Ratio, Fibonacci etc

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_in_nature

Id avoid the sites that espouse to knowing what the universe is telling you,theyve no more clue than you or I, plenty of self agrandising 'experts' on the subject but their interpretation is just that,their interpretation based on what theyd like things to mean.The meanings you will come to understand in your own time.

Plenty of pure mathematics and science sites on t'internet that explain the sequences without all the religious and spiritual bullshit.

• I can but ill probably bore Deidre X/

Look up Sacred geometry,the Golden Ratio, Fibonacci etc

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_in_nature

Id avoid the sites that espouse to knowing what the universe is telling you,theyve no more clue than you or I, plenty of self agrandising 'experts' on the subject but their interpretation is just that,their interpretation based on what theyd like things to mean.The meanings you will come to understand in your own time.

Plenty of pure mathematics and science sites on t'internet that explain the sequences without all the religious and spiritual bullshit.

I'll have a look thank you :D:*

• We need to consider the concept that we see numbers and patterns of every sort, everywhere in the universe, just because we as humans tend to think in this way. We are able to see and plot mathematical sequences in matter, and use these for (rational) predictions.

But if we were another form of life looking at the universe, these mathematical structures might mean absolutely nothing at all.

The universe is built on matter (and possibly anti-matter), not on mathematics. It is we who assign mathematics to every aspect of the universe.

• We need to consider the concept that we see numbers and patterns of every sort, everywhere in the universe, just because we as humans tend to think in this way. We are able to see and plot mathematical sequences in matter, and use these for (rational) predictions.

But if we were another form of life looking at the universe, these mathematical structures might mean absolutely nothing at all.

The universe is built on matter (and possibly anti-matter), not on mathematics. It is we who assign mathematics to every aspect of the universe.

You saying I'm thick? X/

• No, not at all. I'm saying it's natural for humans to see numbers and sequences of numbers everywhere. I do it myself, because it's interesting. (Sometimes I stop myself and ask: 'Why are you doing this?):)

You talk to yourself? ?(

Well... it's not uncommon. I have a little natter to myself sometimes! Not about maths, admittedly, but i do have a chat!

Sometimes I even answer :D that was a joke [panic] haven't quite reached that stage yet.

• But the principles of mathematics are the same wherever you are in the universe and whatever species you may be,just as the laws of physics (yes human ones) apply wherever you are.

Mathematic principles are a language thats unique to the universe not to humans.We just put a name and formulae together to explain it for our own species point of view.The laws are universal.

• The principles of mathematics are likely to be the same throughout the known universe, of course. But we as humans invented - or observed - those principles. All we are doing with mathematics is to have a handy way of measuring and rationally predicting things. Mathematics has always been essential to our civilisations, all of them, now and in the past.

But mathematics is a human concept. A projection of a particular type of analysis upon matter. Take away the humans, and the thought of mathematics no longer exists, it is only a part of our mental abilities.

Take away the humans, and the distances to the nearest stars are exactly the same, except that there are no humans to measure them. If an intelligent cow looks up at the stars, the most it can probably register is that those lights are very small. As it cannot think in the abstract, so far as we know, it cannot even think of them as being far away.

So mathematics, of itself, does not exist. It is a concept - a very useful one - of the human mind. Billions of organisms live and survive here very successfully, some of them for many millions of years longer than ourselves, without any grasp of even elementary mathematics.

The matter exists, and the often complex sequences it uses to build its myriad forms also exist. But it does not consciously use maths to build them, any more than bees consciously use maths to build their finely-structured hives. The observation and the use of mathematics remains a human concept, until we find advanced beings who may also use similar concepts.

• But whoever out there who is non human would still need to make sense of the mathematic principles that govern the universe.

A being on a settee on a planet orbiting another star would still use the same theories to describe the volume of a cylinder or chemical titration rates or speed of light or to describe the activity of bees in a hive or growth of ice or speed of light.He just wouldnt use our units of measurement.

Mathematics - the science or theory- may be a human concept,the mathematical laws and principles that describe form and function amd movement are still universal and can be described universally wherever one is in the universe.

Flowers probably dont know about Fibonacci sequences but they grow and demonstrate that sequence anyway.

Why does dna form perfect helical spiral sequences if theres no mathematical principle influencing its shape.

Why do human brain nerve dendrite structures mirror tree root and branch structure or the shape or river deltas or flow of electrons into the solar atmosphere.

Why do electrons orbit in an eleptical orbit the same way planets orbit their star.

Ehy do chystals form into the mathematically perfect geometry they do dependent on their chemical composition.

Every thing or movement or force can be described mathematically and identically no matter where you are or what species you are in the universe and the principles must apply and govern everything universally ,even if those things or forces or movements are not aware of its influence or man didnt exist.

• You are mistaking the method for the matter. Obviously the myriad of sequences exist, and however large or however small we go in measuring them, we naturally find them there waiting for us. As I have already made clear.

The word is 'we'. We find them. We observe them. We gauge them. With our mathematics. If we were not there to do this, the concept of mathematics would not exist.

When we speak of other advanced beings also observing the making of matter in mathematical sequences, all we are doing is substituting those beings for ourselves. They are observers, just as we are, entranced by numbers.

But the numbers do not exist of themselves, until there is an intelligence to think of them. The sequences exist, the myriad patterns exist, but it it we who also have to exist in order to see these patterns and count their numbers, and give their numbers names.

In our current thinking, all these sequences and patterns have evolved to find what is the most effective and efficient way of operating, of coming together to form their myriad shapes and life-forms. To attribute some unknown 'mathematical principle' to the makeup of the universe, is to begin to tread the path of intelligent design, which is at present only a path of faith, as there is as yet insufficient data to allow analysis.

• Why must it be intelligent design? Why not just the natural order of things.?

DNA isnt intelligent design,its a series of construction code for each individual.

DNA itself is the a specific geometric shape for everyone,but the code held within it is variable and different for each individual.

When frost forms on a windscreen it forms an intricate fern like pattern.No intelligent design it just does it but its always the same. So there must be a naturally occurring mathematical code for frost on windscreens..?

Rather like a computer,for every combination of inputs theres a specific determined output.

So why cant that self ordering system exist naturally rather than from intelligent design? Universal mathematical code for everything. :/

• Why must it be intelligent design? Why not just the natural order of things.?

Of course it is the natural order of things, an order that in many ways has taken billions of years to evolve.

But directly you call it a 'mathematical principle' you are entering the human mind. Principles as such can only exist in, and be observed by, the human mind. Or similar minds.

DNA, like everything else, has evolved in response to changes in its internal and external bodily environments over untold ages, and we here now observe the state it is in now. But it will not stay that way, it will continue to evolve in response to the environments it finds over time. DNA contains many sleeping triggers from times past.

If the conditions which at one time produced those sleeping triggers returns, they will awaken and work to cope better with the environments in which they find themselves. Where is the mathematical principle in that?

All of this evolution, whether it be galaxies or cells, billions of years of it, has gone on quite well in most cases, without any human intervention, and hence without any mathematics. The numbers and sequences of numbers will have still been in there, all through that time, changing and evolving, were there any mind present to observe them. But until an intelligent mind of some kind, ours or some kind like ours, examines them, the numbers remain unseen. The numbers are just part of the evolutionary process; they too change, as a way of using less to do more is evolved, in response to environments.

In summary, mathematics is a brilliant product of the human mind and its ability to count, order, and predict things based on numbers.

But without the human mind to count the birds on the fence, there are just birds...

• Look at it as realising the ratios , ratios that occur on the microscopic level and the cosmic. What we have done is assign a set of symbols (digits) to the variables.

The ratios are still there whether we measure them or not,and it does not matter if we measure in units of millimetres,miles or carrots(assuming all carrots are of the same size/weight /shape ,but seeing as they are not we would have to invent a 'standard carrot'.

Pure maths contain little if any numbers although there are constants ie the frequency of a quartz crystal,speed of light in vacuum, the ratio of hydrogen to oxygen in a water molecule, the state of such atoms at various temperatures /pressures,.....