On the meds.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I'm on the meds for anxiety. Its been a few months now. Not sure if they make much difference to be honest :shrug: I don't think I feel any different :/

My job is a bit stressy sometimes but there's nowhere else I'd rather be & nothing else I'd rather be doing at the moment so ...

Maybe I've just lost my mojo.

I'm eating & sleeping better now. I make sure I get my veggies down me. I do get tired a lot, my favourite place is bed. I'm up early though & I do a lot of physical activity outdoors. I just seem permanently bone tired & generally can't be arsed with anything besides work.

I avoid people. I find them too much effort lately. Maybe I'm just a miserable cow now I'm older.

I took the meds coz I reached a low point & didn't really know what else to do.

I don't feel suicidal or owt like that. I just wish some fucker would turn the lights off for a month whilst I sleep & rejuvenate.

I've got everything I ever wanted right now. Everything I wished for. I just wish I had the sodding energy to enjoy it.

• just wondering if you have told your doctor about all this.. probably a silly question..i feel tired alot and no energy but then im an old git with type 2 diabetes ..always feel i want to sleep after i have eaten food..also i have taken antidepresants (cant spell ) for 20 plus years ..do you have panic attacks..i ask this because that was why i went to the doctor about all those years ago .. its good you can talk about it as this wasnt discussed in my day.. meds i take is imipramine this changed my life all those years ago..hope i havnt bored you to death ..:eek::D:insane::sleeping:

• Get visits from the black dog every so often and have learnt to put up with it until he f's off, weather, tiredness, loneliness are just a couple of things that brings him. Easiest and quickest way for me to get back is to travel, new places, faces. Was given meds some 30 yrs ago when my doc sussed ptsd but they made me feel worse so I deffed them.

Talking will help especially to the right peep.

I avoid people. I find them too much effort lately.

I find that nearly all of the time unless they're friends or in a good place.

Maybe I'm just a miserable cow now I'm older.

I will resist temptation after the Christmas thread. :peaceman:

• just wondering if you have told your doctor about all this.. probably a silly question..i feel tired alot and no energy but then im an old git with type 2 diabetes ..always feel i want to sleep after i have eaten food..also i have taken antidepresants (cant spell ) for 20 plus years ..do you have panic attacks..i ask this because that was why i went to the doctor about all those years ago .. its good you can talk about it as this wasnt discussed in my day.. meds i take is imipramine this changed my life all those years ago..hope i havnt bored you to death ..:eek::D:insane::sleeping:

What doctor has the time to listen my whinging? Nah, they have better stuff to be getting on with.

Yeah I've had a few panic attacks. They come & go. Tends to be situational though. I can manage them. Sounds bizarre but they don't bother me. I know that won't make sense to anybody but that's how it is. They don't frighten me. The attack doesn't worry me. Its the situation which causes the attack that bothers me. So I sort the situation.

Wish I had time to be bored Willie!

Gotta go & feed the troops now. In the rain.

• You're a good ole stick wulf. You're easy to get along with.

I always liked you. You make me laugh, I like your humour & you seem pretty chilled & non judgmental.

You seem to care about people, which is nice.

I liked to travel, just like you. I took myself with me though.

Wherever I ended up I was still stuck with myself.

I could never escape.

Do you still have ptsd? Sorry for being nosey. You don't have to talk about it. I'm just curious.

• I’m guessing your doctor has already thought of this De but have you had your thyroid checked? You sound like I felt twenty years ago. Took a while but I got my life back after finding my thyroid wasn’t working as it should.

You need a full panel of tests to show what’s going on. TSH, T4 T3 and reverse T4. Sometimes they come back ‘normal’ but the ranges they use are really wide. I was ‘normal’ for years (yes really) but I felt so bad the doc started me on a low dose of thyroxine (T4) and eventually on T3 and slowly things got better until I felt all right again. Better than alright actually. Something to think about.

• I’m guessing your doctor has already thought of this De but have you had your thyroid checked? You sound like I felt twenty years ago. Took a while but I got my life back after finding my thyroid wasn’t working as it should.

You need a full panel of tests to show what’s going on. TSH, T4 T3 and reverse T4. Sometimes they come back ‘normal’ but the ranges they use are really wide. I was ‘normal’ for years (yes really) but I felt so bad the doc started me on a low dose of thyroxine (T4) and eventually on T3 and slowly things got better until I felt all right again. Better than alright actually. Something to think about.

My thyroid is fine, thanks for sharing :o

• Im on the meds Deirdre

IMO...I'm medicated because equilibrium was never on offer and cannot be achieved within the confines of sickening humanity.

Without the meds (and sometimes with them) my mind and body react to the situation and force me into a psychotic state.(hallucinations, delusions etc...)

I succour myself with caffeine to get going and alcohol to chill and antihistamines to sleep.

Seems to me that humans want slaves and to ride each others backs in the name of profit.

There really should be more anger in the world.

• I love this post Zen :)

Good man. I like your thinking.

I reckon me & you will get on ;)