A tentative welcome

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• More of the same and a little bit different. :flirt:

This is still very rough around the edges -- and as such the following is on my "to do" list:

1. Tighten up the classifieds section, remove crap code and make it easier to search

2. Work some more on the colour scheme / design

3. Work out how to integrate the "places of interest" / locations feature

4. Continue to split and divide the forums - with the idea to eventually add a boating forum, a wild camping forum and maybe a prepping forum. We shall see.

5. If your subscription is set to end a day or two early I will sort that out before it happens.

Please be mindful that, while the forum and the "locations" feature are restricted to members, there's no vetting process on who can become a member (apart from their Paypal paper trail).

Thread titles are still public, but that's to encourage people to join etc.

Thus far we have thirty or so subscribers - I haven't counted but am very grateful for you all for believing in this.

Anyway, am tired and I have a busy few days -- if the site comes and goes intermittently it's because I've discovered errors and need to tighten things up. [panic]

:sleeping:

• So here we are, new edition/new version has set sail, did a bottle of champers get cracked on the hull. Good effort Paul, lets hope it grows and gets used. You say about new members cannot be vetted, we used to have a pre approval on T.L, whereby us mods saw new members application but they couldnt have access to the forum unitl a mod had run through their details, checked out E mail addresses and other on line activity, once that was done, they either got approved to join, given a trial period or denied access, it actually worked well and we used to weed out the wheat from the chaff and avoided obvious wrong un's getting in.

• You say about new members cannot be vetted, we used to have a pre approval on T.L, whereby us mods saw new members application but they couldnt have access to the forum unitl a mod had run through their details, checked out E mail addresses and other on line activity, once that was done, they either got approved to join, given a trial period or denied access, it actually worked well and we used to weed out the wheat from the chaff and avoided obvious wrong un's getting in.

Even if I did that I couldn't guarantee someone's integrity as anyone determined could easily fake their authenticity.

Also, there are already 9000 people in the database -- and virtually all of them have posted at some point -- however, it's still a significant drop from the 18000 people we had before.

An invitation system may also be on the cards for the future, but for now I'm going to see how this works out.

• Yep, its not a guarantee but it did help, you got enough to do, and wrong uns soon show their true colours or intentions once they are on a forum, thats what ban buttons are for.

• Well, it's all looking good, and no doubt will evolve organically.

Nice job, Paul!:thumbup:Take a couple of days break, mate, give yourself a bit of a rest after the long hard work of moving it over.

I'm just happy to be here....:)

• Since I’m nolonger the hippy I thought I was “obviously I look nothing like a hippy anymore” and since my life has moved on considerably in the last 11 years, I would like to start this next chapter with a name change on this “new” forum. Not only that but I would like to be devolved of any connection to posts and threads contributed to by my former identity. alices wonderland, Dead and buried suits me just fine. So Paul if that’s ok with you and when you get the chance to perform your wizardry. I will have thought of a new forum name by then.

All aboard this next journey to discovery and farout places. How about a welcome one and all gathering for 2019?

• Since I’m nolonger the hippy I thought I was “obviously I look nothing like a hippy anymore” and since my life has moved on considerably in the last 11 years, I would like to start this next chapter with a name change on this “new” forum. Not only that but I would like to be devolved of any connection to posts and threads contributed to by my former identity. alices wonderland, Dead and buried suits me just fine. So Paul if that’s ok with you and when you get the chance to perform your wizardry. I will have thought of a new forum name by then.

All aboard this next journey to discovery and farout places. How about a welcome one and all gathering for 2019?

But how will we know who you are?

• Yea skull and crossbones , no flowers

Yeah too right, flowers are reserved for hedgerows and fields and my burial when it happens. The only flowers anyone will ever see in my hair not that I've got much these days will be the weeds that grow through my skull If I'm buried, my eye sockets could be little plant pot holders, that's hippy yoghurt enough.

:flag:    :pirates: not :flowerpower: Bye bye :peaceman:

• Hello peeps, Landed after multiple attempts. I hate passwords especially when there's two systems and I forget to update one. Also hate the american capture thing to get in.

do I have work on being camper

Just drink floor polish and you're there

• Hey Paul since it's members only what about a looking for love or dating section for nomadic types? Might be something that people are more than willing to pay the membership for...

Think am going for a name change too am bored of always being in a dilemma..