Is the EU our enemy?

• More obfuscation and distraction for the masses....just like immigration,Brexit,Islamic terrorism,Disabled 'scroungers' austerity....Scapegoats for the rabid proles to chew over while the clueless Tories continue to fuck us all over for the money.

The only good thing is theyre turning on each other like the dogs they are like they did during the Thatcher terms and that will finish them.

Your enemy will stab you in the front,your friends stab you in the back - beware your friends,embrace your enemies,you'll always know what youre dealing with.

• I don't believe the EU has ever been our friend, or any other member state's friend for that matter. Its treatment of Italy, Greece, Spain and Portugal has been appalling, People talk about the European community. I don't get any sense of community what so ever. There is an Orwellian feel about the EU to me.

I don't think they are our enemy - yet!

But "Drunker than Juncker" is going to be, without a doubt. He's going to do everything in his power to screw up Brexit

• Its the European Central Bank and their buddies in the World Bank and collusion with Wall street banks that have created the Greece Portugal Italy financial problems more than the EU itself has.

The biggest problem with the EU is the out of control unelected bureaucracy in Brussels that creates and ferments policy that is rubber stamped by MEPs and wants a federal United States of Europe.Thats what most people in all European nations object to but non of them have done anything to redress.

Thats a long way off what Churchill and post war leaders wanted (closer economic ties and tariff free borders).The EU isnt evil but many of its policies are ill thought out and implemented.Proper genuine reform is what it needs,not breaking up.

Most of the migrant issues causing friction and destabilising the bloc werent caused by the EU but by Britain France and the US in the Middle East and are still doing.

Theyve destroyed countries with no plan for restructuring them and caused a wave of migrants to European countries that non of them was expecting or wants to deal with.

The elephants in the room have always been the UK and US and their Mafia like Finance institutions and Corporates.

Your enemy will stab you in the front,your friends stab you in the back - beware your friends,embrace your enemies,you'll always know what youre dealing with.

The post was edited 3 times, last by NomadicRT ().

• The European Central Bank is no more than the German Bundesbank with its name changed. Literally, they changed the name that's all when the EURO was introduced to administer the new Currency.

Since the it has assumed powers it was never granted in its original conception. Typical EU style it has just taken over without waiting to be asked.

You would have to be incredibly nieve, beyond nieve, not to see that it still operates solely and only in the interests of Germany and not the EU as a whole.

You couldn't make it up!

• The Bundesbank works with the big German banks all working heavily in collusion with Wall St big banks.

Its the banks that call the shots in Europe just as they do here and have since early last century.

Getting out of the EU alone wont change that.

The government is already moving deckchairs on the Titanic because they know what will happen and trying desperately to stop the big banks relocating to Europe.

We're in the top five world economies because of our finance bloc.

Youd have to be incredibly naive to think anything will change here after Brexit and the EU is kicked into touch.

The finance institutions call the shots here and we've virtually no industrial manufacturing base to exert any serious leverage against them.

Why do you think the government is handing over huge tracts of infrastructure to the Chinese and Saudis and US corporates.And theyll be handing over health provision and food production to them too.Why do you think theyre all hurriedly moving their assetts and wealth out to overseas and tax havens.

We may be free of the EU but we'll just replace them with another bunch of dictators.

We're all being stitched up and fucked over by those who dont give a fuck about any of us.The vote for Brexit just gave them the excuse they need to fit us all up 'because its what they voted for'

Never mind though we'll have blue passports and get to doff our caps in servitide to the local gentry again whoopee.

The post was edited 4 times, last by NomadicRT ().

• I see the EU as rather like FIFA, bear with me for a moment before you say WTF? Do you remember the FIFA Scandal where it turned out that a select few were garnering huge fortunes and fought extremely hard to preserve their ivory castle? I find myself if the EU is a similar set up, a few hugely wealthy guys creaming off vast fortunes and giving precious little in return. They would fight hard to keep that grandiose scam going. Might be better if all the nations just stay "stuff it" and walk away. There can still be movement of people and trade without all their poxy agreements and made up terms and conditions. Folks have traded since, well, since folks started being around. No reason for that to stop.

The divisions nasty politicians (in both the remain and brexit camps) have caused in the UK over the Brexit squabble are unforgivable.

I'm just waiting for it to emerge that one of the "elite" at the top (replace e.l. with s.h. as appropriate) has got a parrot living in a flat all of its own at our expense.

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• I see the EU as rather like FIFA, bear with me for a moment before you say WTF? Do you remember the FIFA Scandal where it turned out that a select few were garnering huge fortunes and fought extremely hard to preserve their ivory castle? I find myself if the EU is a similar set up, a few hugely wealthy guys creaming off vast fortunes and giving precious little in return. They would fight hard to keep that grandiose scam going. Might be better if all the nations just stay "stuff it" and walk away. There can still be movement of people and trade without all their poxy agreements and made up terms and conditions. Folks have traded since, well, since folks started being around. No reason for that to stop.

The divisions nasty politicians (in both the remain and brexit camps) have caused in the UK over the Brexit squabble are unforgivable.

I'm just waiting for it to emerge that one of the "elite" at the top (replace e.l. with s.h. as appropriate) has got a parrot living in a flat all of its own at our expense.

Brilliant post! and bang on the money.

• Any organisation like the EU that allows billions of euros of it's money to pass into the hands of the Mafia ‘Ndrangheta crime syndicate must be more than corrupt....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cswf53

So, what do we do? Why not attack them? We can let Putin start an aggression like in Crimea. They can take all the EE countries. Then we could let them put their missile bases here. At the end of the day, Putin is Trump's friend, and Trump is our friend, right?

• Any organisation that makes no attempt to account for the billions that pass through its hands maybe???

Which could be said equally of the UK government the US government,in fact most governments and all the major international government and NGO's.. Unaccountable corruption and deception exists wherever politicians and the elites big players do.Its not unique to the EU by any stretch of the imagination.

But when all you want to see is EU corruption because all other corruption doesnt fit your anti European agenda they all get away with it.

The reason the EU has never been reformed by its member states is because the members states and its co conspirators as MEPs and civil servants and senior financiers and industrialists are all basicly quite happy with the corruption and status quo continuing because they all continue to get richer from it.

If they werent and it didnt facilitate that agenda you can guarantee the EU would have been reformed a few decades ago.

Anywhere money is involved,corruption exists,the more money the more corruption.

Leaving a corrupt EU wont make any difference to any us.This country is mired in corrupt global organisations,it heads or a major part of most of them.

Shadey unaccountability with the EU will be replaced by shadey unaccountability elsewhere.

Blue passport though,blue passport..pfft.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().

• Which could be said equally of the UK government the US government,in fact most governments and all the major international government and NGO's.. Unaccountable corruption and deception exists wherever politicians and the elites big players do.Its not unique to the EU by any stretch of the imagination.

But when all you want to see is EU corruption because all other corruption doesnt fit your anti European agenda they all get away with it.

The reason the EU has never been reformed by its member states is because the members states and its co conspirators as MEPs and civil servants and senior financiers and industrialists are all basicly quite happy with the corruption and status quo continuing because they all continue to get richer from it....

This is all very true.

But it doesn't make the EU any less corrupt, does it?

With the proper government in charge, it is much easier to deal with corruption at home than to deal with corruption abroad.

• This is all very true.

But it doesn't make the EU any less corrupt, does it?

With the proper government in charge, it is much easier to deal with corruption at home than to deal with corruption abroad.

No it doesnt and the key being 'the proper government in charge,'but the fact the corruption has been facilitated by all member states including this one, gives me no reason to believe we will be any better off.

The present government is pretty well pleasing itself -regardless of sensible advice -what it wants to do, knowing full well most of what theyre doing (asset stripping and flogging everything not nailed down,to foreign interests) is in no ones interest but their own small elite who will benefit.

Ive no faith in any Labour government being any better since they all dance to the same pipers tune..the corrupt finance and industrial mafioso.

I think its pretty plain the Tories are using the whole Brexit maneuver to return us back to the Dickensian England the likes of Rees Mogg are having wet dreams about.

I dont see that as much of a better choice than EU membership.Like a patient cutting off his sound leg and leaving the gangrenous one intact.

The EU could be reformed with the right impetus and removal of the old boys club that steers it.

The UK could be reformed with the right impetus and removal of the old boys club that steers it.

Neither will happen any time soon, weve just enabled the UK old boys club to gain a stronger grip on our throats.Apparently this is to our advantage.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().

• That makes perfect sense to me. But was that the main reason why so many people voted in favor of Brexit? Or, at least, why UKIP was so much in favor of Brexit?

Probably there was a general feeling that there was too much corruption in the EU, and in the dealings of some wealthy people in this country with the EU. Certainly most of the working people I spoke with before the referendum were going to vote to come out. For a variety of reasons, often to do with how they had seen their skilled and semi-skilled wages drop drastically as a result of a large influx of workers from eastern EU countries, who were willing to do the same work for minimum wages, which employers loved.

Just as planned by the economic planners of the EU, of course.

UKIP had a variety of reasons too, from jingoism and dislike of being ordered about by a country we had already beaten twice in two world wars, to what they saw as the free-wheeling independence of going it alone, to deluded visions of Britain becoming Great again.

I don't think UKIP were overly concerned with EU corruption, they probably had some of their own to deal with.

• UKIP had a variety of reasons too, from jingoism and dislike of being ordered about by a country we had already beaten twice in two world wars, to what they saw as the free-wheeling independence of going it alone, to deluded visions of Britain becoming Great again.

I don't think UKIP were overly concerned with EU corruption, they probably had some of their own to deal with.

Yes, this is what I hear from my in-laws over on your side of the Atlantic. (I'm a New Yorker but my man is from England). I think the Republican Party over here in the States is becoming a lot like UKIP, as far as the delusions and corruption, and it's disturbing.