Nude beaches

• So yesterday I went on a nudist beach -- I've never felt the need to call myself a naturist or anything like that, I'm just not that hung up about being naked.

However, there was a really old guy who kept wandering up and down the beach in nothing but a cock ring, which was glistening in the sun as he sauntered up and down and kinda distracting!

Why would anyone wear a cock ring to the beach? :/

• When I used to be the head groundsman at the cornwall coliseum in carlyon bay near st austell we had a beach that was about a mile in lengh,with the last quarter of a mile serving as a nude beach.

The majority of people that frequented the beach were nice folk just wanting a bit of air and sun,though there was also the cock ring fraternity too.

There were people hiding in the scrubby bit of woodland selling all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff to other shady visitors,who spent more time meeting up with like minded people in the woods than sunning themselves.

It started getting a bit too messy down there when locals kept coming across sexual acts going on in the dunes and scrubland so we started charging people to use the beach,but also offered to security to clean it up. It worked well and many more young ladies and families started using the beach once they realized that the seedy element had moved on,or at least were being more careful.

I used to clean the entire beach as my first job every morning and when I got down to the bit where the mainstream beach ended and the nudist part began I would ( weather permitting ) strip off and do my litter pick in the nude. The regulars felt more relaxed with me making the effort as they probably felt less judged and more accepted as many do frown upon nudism !!

To be honest though,it was no effort at all and was always a pleasure to enjoy the elements on my skin. It felt very nice.

One of the lads who used to work for me wanted to do the cleaning down there full time,but a few of the local girls said that they always felt uncomfortable with how he looked at them and asked if I could do it full time.

The fact that I was better eye candy probably helped too :whistle:

• I disagree with your sentiments shroom.

A nudist beach should be a place where families and single girls can go and feel safe.

I feel that it is wrong to advertise in the case of cock rings as it is to show off the penis and often is done with sexual hope and intention.

If there is such a place needed for people who enjoy c rings and the likes,then it should be made known to the general public so that they do not have to feel uncomfortable or to use another phrase - Have it sticking in their face [panic]

• If single women,or any other women for that matter don't want to be looked at why do they frequent nudist beaches? Men aren't made of stone, nature designed us to be attracted to women for the sake of our species survival. Im not saying men have any right to help themselves but for fucks sake, if you see a naked young lady how are you supposed to not be interested? In my opinion everyone is entitled to do whatever they like but dont fuckin piss and moan if men look at you when you take your clothes off.

• I see that but would ask if nipple ,navel and any other piercings would be deemed offensive? , my point is that a nudist beach may be the only place to display such adornments(being by its very nature a place to get naked) , I believe most naturalist are quite liberal and have seen it all before.

I dont understand the 'safe for familys' comment , surely if you are off to a nudist beach you expect nudity in all forms ? ,personally I have no tat's, piercings etc and no wish to be naked outside my space with joe public , so in that aspect I would not consider a nudist beach to be a 'safe and secure' place to go chill out to my kids.

I would imagine (I may be wrong) that the vast majority of naturists confronted with an adorned member would not pay much attention,if the wearer was sat there rapidly putting on and taking off a cock ring well thats a different matter ...

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• There is all the same quite a difference with enjoying nudity and enjoying sexual wantings coming from others.

I have been naked at festivals and holiday camps and raves and have never got an erection whilst admiring a beautiful person. It is because I am able to keep my mind from sexual needs and appreciate people without the need to come over all sexual.

If people can not keep themselves from getting exited they should keep themselves from going to such places and let others enjoy the nice side of nudity without being sleazed upon.

• Couldnt agree more..... Nudist areas should not be used or viewed as hunting grounds for sexual gratification, thats not what they're about. All I'm saying is that if you're young and attractive and want to be naked in what is essentially usually a public place, you shouldn't make a fuss if people look at you.

• I do not think that most people mind being glanced at or checked out as you previously said " that is human nature" , however there is a huge difference between being appreciated and being letched over.

• I see that but would ask if nipple ,navel and any other piercings would be deemed offensive? , my point is that a nudist beach may be the only place to display such adornments(being by its very nature a place to get naked)

It's not really about offensiveness, but because they're performance enhancing devices, they're more about sexual signalling.

Although I'm not exactly sure what wearing a cock ring is supposed to signify, as it seems like a public admission of erectile dysfunction. :/

• An interesting thread, but isn't nudism about acceptance and accepting differences without judgement? I would not expect anyone who wears a cock ring to feel they might have to remove it to go on a nudist beach. I would expect those who do hope to meet potential sexual partners to be discrete when on a nudist beach and to at least hide on the dunes for sex.

I do occasionally get a bit pissed off by those who wander up and down specifically to "take a look" (partly out of jealousy as they generally don't ever eye me up ;) ) as, again I think a bit of discretion wouldn't hurt anyone.

• So yesterday I went on a nudist beach -- I've never felt the need to call myself a naturist or anything like that, I'm just not that hung up about being naked.

However, there was a really old guy who kept wandering up and down the beach in nothing but a cock ring, which was glistening in the sun as he sauntered up and down and kinda distracting!

Why would anyone wear a cock ring to the beach? :/

Why would you be looking at his cock ring?

It's a nudist beach.

Should he take his cock ring of to satisfy the gogglers?

I don't think nudist beaches are for you.

• We very often walk along Studland beach from the ferry to the steps by the Knoll Hotel Car park then get the bus back to Bournmouth . About half is designated as a nudist beach.

There are families and couples on the beach as well as a number of all male groups doing beach appropriate things like sun bathing, swimming, picnicking etc. All very relaxed

A number of times we have been told not to venture into the sand dunes at the back. I have even read it in the local paper.

From time to time you will see rather odd naked single men popping up like meercats on the top of the sand dunes, looking all around then dropping out of sight again. Then a few minutes later a different one pops up on the top of a different dune.

I don't think you have to think too hard to realise what is going on

• "An interesting thread, but isn't nudism about acceptance and accepting differences without judgement?"   Firestarter

Apparently the answer from this thread is there are a couple of answers, each exclusive to the other.

I'm not a naturist. I have swum naked in private lakes rarely etc. But in public, generally, I have the historical clothing thing too comfortably ingrained in me to bother about liberating myself. That said, I'm not a prude, I have been dragged to certain sex things and stood there like an unavailable prick.

I have a couple of cool lesbian friends into naturism who told me an interesting thing. The conflict of opinion on this thread is more of an issue here in the UK where there are fewer venues. On the continent there are more places, and some of them are specifically for sex (think of the alienating film Stranger by the Lake which is anything but naturism), also on the continent they are more natural in their acceptance of naturism. I remember in Berlin my father was doing his daily run and he reported to us that he had run through the naturist part of the Berlin park. I suppose we have the same with Hampstead Heath, but there you get condoms on the ground and people darting behind trees.

And that's what my cool lesbian friends were saying. It's not an absolute difference, but In the UK, naturist beaches are smaller, fewer and the sleezier edge is more common. It seems to be more of an either or situation in the UK and the naked families playing snakes and ladders with a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken just aren't happening. A typical example was, they settled their blanket down on some UK beach, can't remember which, and some nearby neighbour started looking at them, little bit of dribble on his grinning lower lip and then starting playing with himself. Luckily, my friends could laugh it off.

I tend to think so what? Even though it's not my thing, I am not going to tell somebody off about sex or nudity. I can walk away. And as for children, families etc - who defined them as the norm we need to protect? Parents need to be as careful as anybody else as to where they chose to go. If I had a family, or was taking care of friends' children I wouldn't go to a nudist beach. ( :insane: ) Equally, if there happened to be a couple of naked people on the beach, a child is probably going to be less mortified than the parent.

A final example - at Big Sur, my sister and I were sun bathing, there were a couple of girls beside us sun bathing topless. A man riding a horse with an entourage of children on ponies following, spotted the girls and spoke to them in an authoritarian tone, "excuse me, could you please dress more appropriately, there are children about. It's not me, I don't mind, but it's offensive to the children". I felt a bit upset for the girls, they were closer in age to the pony children themselves. I hadn't even noticed what they were doing. The beach was huge, we were by a big rock, Horseman could have easily avoided the whole situation rather than being imperious and making his judgement. He's the one who invented shame in the situation and made far too much of it as a kind of leery spectacle for the children. Maybe I'm wrong, what would their parents think? He had a job to care for the children . . . but equally, sometimes it's best to allow people their strange liberal sides in the interest of wonderful diversity.

• Bernie - the meerkat thing is funny. Totally correct.

I have come across it to, at perhaps closer proximity. The thing I find odd is the man being totally naked and they just stare at you. It is strictly a no-talking thing, all in the eyes whether to take it further.

I am very verbal. It's totally alien to me. (No doubt they might talk after the sex, like cigarettes with straights.)

• Interesting views. Certainly at Studland we have found the "wanderers" who stroll up and down trying to get an eyeful. But I guess we know that is likely to happen now and again. If it got really invasive I'd possibly tell them to p-off and after that it'd be the regulation punch on the nose and twenty years of non-violence gone in a flash ;)

Seriously though, nudism is no big thing and I would prefer there to be more beaches that allow it to dilute the sleaziness somewhat :)

• Interesting views. Certainly at Studland we have found the "wanderers" who stroll up and down trying to get an eyeful. But I guess we know that is likely to happen now and again. If it got really invasive I'd possibly tell them to p-off and after that it'd be the regulation punch on the nose and twenty years of non-violence gone in a flash ;)

Seriously though, nudism is no big thing and I would prefer there to be more beaches that allow it to dilute the sleaziness somewhat :)

We go along there because we have done the walk for 20 years, all year round, and the beach was lovely for the kids when they were young. but as for getting an eyeful there is not much worth looking at and a lot that is definitely well past its sell by date haha