HIPPIES mentioned in THE KNOWLEDGE BOOK

• itinerant child - that video was great to watch, oddly relevant to this thread. It's a shame Roddy McDowell wasn't wearing his chimp mask, it gives him so much more gravitas. Nice to see Christopher Lee too (and of course Carradine).

I'm going to see if I can get the full video somewhere.

The full film is on you tube,but strangely is shown on someones big screen with the rest of the room visible. Not yet figured out if it is an attempt at art or someone who could not regulate their copy.

Here is the link for it -

One of my favourite films when I was a young teenager along with hawk the slayer :D

• ic - that is hilarious! I think the guy is showing his room off. It's a nice enough room of course - fantastic screen. But looks a bit like a reception to some institution.

As an 'Art thing', as you say - I'd definitely go, but the room should be a more disshevelled sitting room, and things should happen now and then ---> somebody leaves the room, scratches their bottom, comes back with snack, the dog bounds in through the window, etc.

. . . I've said this before, once when I was at the cinema a wonderful thing happened: I was sat at the front, and there is a kind of stage plinth there, for when they sometimes have talks. Underneath the stage plinth, it is all dark, a few dust balls etc, a bit creepy. Waiting for the film to start, I suddenly saw a darting motion, a tiny mouse, very fragile and smalll, had darted out and then came rushing back with a huge bit of popcorn in its perfect hands. The popcorn was almost as big as the mouse. What made it funny was the contrast of the leisure setting, but for the mouse it was obviously a matter of life or death.

Funny you should mention Hawk the Slayer, it was on recently so I recorded it, not watched it yet. I like island movies like Robinson Crusoe and Mysterious Island.

• Thanks wizardluv - yes, I listened to the link in 85 a second time just now whilst doing other things. It is very relaxing even if you are doing things. (I know you are supposed to STOP, when listening to such things.)

I have also printed out everything you say about it. I am going to look into it. I like lying down on a hard floor (it realigns all the bones properly) and spacing out.

• Thanks wizardluv - yes, I listened to the link in 85 a second time just now whilst doing other things. It is very relaxing even if you are doing things. (I know you are supposed to STOP, when listening to such things.)

I have also printed out everything you say about it. I am going to look into it. I like lying down on a hard floor (it realigns all the bones properly) and spacing out.

Nice one Maxal, it is worth playing while laying down in meditation, once you relax and let it wash over you, the body responds to the music and the binaural beats. Once you tune into it and empty the mind, the effect on the mind and body is quite incredible. You can help it along as you will if responsive, feel your feet and ankles go numb/weightless, then you can feel/encourage it the rest of your body right through to your head. it is a beautiful feeling as you have then totally relaxed and let go of brain chatter and thinking. You can aslo get a feeling like someone or something is pressing down on you, feels like you are pushing into the floor, it can alarm sompeople for the first time. As an aside not, it can lead to lucid dreaming and some have out of body experiences, you can stop all this when you feel you want to but dont just jump up off the floor, end it gently.

Enjoy.