HIPPIES mentioned in THE KNOWLEDGE BOOK

• DeliaB - firstly (49) "faith" and "way of life", for many can be the same thing. Yes: to insiders a "way of life' implies more than the strict parameters of "faith", that their chosen way is real, the True, and sometimes only path. But to an outsider, your way of life, still appears to be a faith, something the group of adherents believe in.

And that is the point, until I know more about what it is you are selling, I am an outsider and comprehend your way losely as a faith or belief and a way of life for some of you. It is also interesting you are primarily selling your faith (in avoiding specific questions). Many faiths prefer to offer introduction free in the first stages. Or at least first provide more information, being open to questions and readily descriptive. At the moment in Leicester Square, for a number of weeks there has been a stall of Muslims giving away the Koran to passers-by - isn't that lovely?

Here on this thread, there is demonstration of some interest in the subject you yourself instigated. You have the perfect audience, wide-eyed and hungry for Knowledge. I have read many books on faith, esoteric knowledge, alternative lifestyle etc. In a book shop, I would definitely pick up your book to see what it holds. I would be interested in the method of print production. I am also willing to accede to allowing some measure of openness to the idea of the Light-Photon-Cyclone Technique imparting special powers via Omega energy. Omega referring to The End sounds apocalyptically exciting! I would be further intrigued to understand more details and the general gist.

If I had better information, such as answers to questions raised by other keen people on this thread - I might even buy your book.

Yes, there has been some humour along the way. I hope you don't mind, it's healthy banter about general issues. At the moment you are being coy and it would be good to know more. I'd love to see the pictures - that'd be great. [Rick69, entry 3 has suggested one method of many.] I would like to know what you mean by sacrificing hippies. I have these wild images in my head and want to put them in perspective. We really are ignorant of your Knowledge Book this is a wonderful opportunity for you to share more specific information so we can consider the subject more seriously.

• If I had hold of a book such as this book of knowledge that imparted some wisdoms and insights into a way of life I felt really drawn to and felt it was for me, given the apparent depth of this book, I wouldnt be parting with it, after all, people of faith do not offer to sell their personal copy of their religious/faith texts, they may give away copies as were the Muslims that Maxal saw who were giving copies of the Koran away to interested passers by, but they would not sell their own personal copy. So, its either not that good and the owner has given up on it as its not for them or has soaked it up and knows the contents off by heart and doesnt need it. Books like that to the faithful of any group tend not to part company with their copies of written texts. If this book was in a book shop, I can only imagine it would be on the same shelf as copies of the bible. A book that exists for the purposes of setting someone onto a certain path as set out within the pages, I presume it acts as a bible for referal as and when needed. A herbalist would not sell their own copy of Culpeppers journal.

• Yes, a beautiful life worth living.

I'm glad you've found something that has had such a positive impact on your life.

Wizard1luv makes a very interesting point when asking why you would wish to part with a copy of the knowledge book. Would I be wrong to think that you aren't parting with your own copy and instead are looking to 'spread the word' so to speak?

With sincerity, people on this thread, including myself, are genuinely fascinated and would like to hear more from you - I thought the earlier post by Maxal was lovely.

• wizardluv - I should have said at the time . . . Leaving no turn unstoned, I think we went a bit round the bend with the arian etymology, giving too much credit to the breatharians for creating a word properly. I was thinking it was breath + air, but they left out an "I" for that to be the case.

Firstly let's dismiss the Arian v Aryan link. I don't think there is a link. Arian with an "I" is that religion you discovered: neatly, it is shown at the roots of Nate's coool Incoherent Babble Tree (54), it is one of the first schisms of Christianity, I think the tree said it was 700AD, and I noticed there were a few others - such as the Catharii, which I'd mentioned recently so it was neat to see it placed like that. (I can't find an image of the tree on it's own, it is hard to refer to and magnify each time! I even looked up the book it comes from, asterisked at the top of the tree: can't find it anywhere.)

Aryan usually with a "Y" (confusingly, sometimes "I") was misappropriated by Hitler for his racial hatred campaign. Aryan is a genuine race, not a religion - they can't be too thrilled by Hitler's claim. I think Hitler, the failed artist, used to visit Wagner and Nietzsch in his younger days and was inspired by some waffle popular to Germans at the time, nakedness, sport, Ubermensch - it all got twisted in his twathead and he further developed the ideas beyond madness.

What you say about the preciousness of books is right. Even if DeliaB has memorised the tome, she'd want to keep the book after such an accomplishment. Maybe DeliaB has a crate in the back and she needs to shift them before the next crate arrives.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing more from DeliaB to bring the Knowledge into the light and make it more enticing to us. There must be some gold nuggets of Knowledge that are typically used for us outsiders, to bring us closer into the circle. And I love pictures.   :happydanc

• oldkeith - Yes, I have read Lem's Solaris as well. I enjoyed it, but it's one of those rare cases where the film is better than the book (The Graduate is another example). Tarkovsky is one of those world-class directors. Somehow, through beautifully framing images, giving them time, he can inject true spirit into his films. In one of his films there is a man standing in a derelict building beside a big puddle of water at his feet. He stands there for ages and you're just watching. (OK, what's going to happen?) All of a sudden it starts to snow. Snow is so graceful in its silent, single-speed approach - it was very moving. You can watch Tarkovsky's films sometimes and not really understand them, but they are still moving.

Tarkovsky's other SF film is Stalker (have you seen that?). That one I found more difficult. I watched it with a friend, maybe I should have watched it on my own. Again, with this one I also read the book (book first), and in this case I preferred the book. Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky brothers.

Roadside Picnic

• Nice posts, guys! Maxal, I haven't seen Stalker, or read the book Roadside Picnic, so I'll maybe give that a go.

Totally agree that Tarkovsky's film Solaris is better than the book. The book is pretty pedestrian in places, I seem to recall. I love the atmosphere of the film.

Having been a seller of s/h books (mostly cheap paperbacks) for about half my working life, I was in the fortunate position of being able to read widely without spending much cash, as I could hopefully sell whatever I was reading after I'd finished with it. Now I'm retired I still have lots of books around me, and try to have a purge now and then and give some of them away. Even charity shops don't want them these days, I guess everybody gets their knowledge off the internet, which is indeed very useful for looking stuff up in a hurry. But books are more convenient, easier to read (for me, anyway), and much more portable than a laptop or phone in where you can take them and how you can use them. And usually more comprehensive in covering their subject than a webpage. So of course I love books too.

• Ah! that explains your eclecticism. What an occupation - I love second-hand bookshops, much prefer them to shops with new books. I go into Foyles now and then, and Forbidden Planet. But I prefer my own second-hand book shop round the corner from me - I've bought far more from it, it's good to find the 'odd' books you just don't see in the new shops.

What a grand palace to spend your working life in. I agree with you that printed matter is the best format. You can't beat the format of a small hardback book (like a Peter Owen book). The interest in Kinder or whatever has now stabilised - it's not going to overtake the book. (Unless we do something really stupid with all our trees.) It's not just a fond attraction - the book is simply a difficult format to beat. I'm not at all attracted to carrying an electric device to read, along with a mobile phone, blah, blah blah: plug out of the plug-in world.

I use a computer, but I can be glad to get away from it too.

Roadside Picnic - this is the edition / translation I read

I highly recommend reading Roadside Picnic first. The above link is the edition I read; the cover has the classic Tarkovsky film poster (of Stalker) - another example of how Tarkovsky films have great images as film stills. You liked Solaris, so I think you would like RP. It's refreshing to read something so different: SF works well when it is a bit alien. Be ready to be a bit patient with it and the rewards are great, some bits are light bulb.

• Hi Maxal,

Thanks for the link, I am on holiday soon, so a decent SF book will be excellent when not out and about:thumbup:.

Yes, even though retired from the trade, we can never resist the lure of a s/h bookshop! (My O/H helped with the little business, and is another bookworm!).

S/H bookshops and charity shops are our first port of call in every place we visit, although charity shops don't have so many books, or as big a range, as they used to.

I guess that when I periodically go through my old stuff I should really offer the more interesting ones on here before getting rid of them.

Yes, wizard, we await the revelations from the book of knowledge, but I doubt they are given freely:).

Anyone ever read the Boomer Bible? Used to have a copy; some good bits, close to the bone, and pretty cynical in places, but boring as hell in other entries, I'm afraid. American, I think.

• My guess is DeliaB doesn't like or respect us, not enough to respond respectfully* anyway. Another aspect of 'recruitment' is specific targetting. DeliaB is ignoring us.

* I like the etymology of "respect" - it's a worthy word to understand fully, and properly consider, when you use it. re + spect. spect comes from the latin specere, meaning to look at something. and re is 'in return'. So respect is to look back at, ie return the gesture, acknowledge. Proper respect is a noble act in humanity between two parties. To recognise something said for what it means and to reciprocate a returned response is respectful. Or you can ignore disdainfully . . .

. . . and we know what ignore means? For example, the current government are ignoring updating the current cannabis laws, it makes them ignoramuses

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• oldkeith - I meant to ask you, did you celebrate the solstice? It seems like a good thing to celebrate.

It's nice to get absorbed into a book, I bet you're looking forward to your holiday, the weather is getting good!

• Maxal, yes 'Respect' is good, quite apart from its modern use, which is pretty cool too.

Some local lad helped me and the O/H load a heavy worm compost bin into the back of the van once - so damn heavy we couldn't lift it high enough. He came across and helped, and he and I soon got it loaded. I thanked him, and raised my hand in casual salute: 'Respect, man!' He went off like he had a thousand dollars, real pleased. He had been good enough to give a hand, and he had gotten thanked and noticed - all humans like that.

Wizard, we didn't do a lot at the solstice this year; just watched the sunset and had a celebratory drink or two. Sometimes at solstice we drive out to an ancient mound (Long Barrow) in the village of Pitsford, and watch the sunset from there. (We get local people watching us watching the sunset, yeah!):)

The local pagans also have a little celebration at Pitsford Country Park, where this is a small stone circle that has been there - wait for it - all of ten years!:D Even in this short time span, nobody seems to know exactly who put it there; it is a toss-up between the local pagans and the local druids, none of which are very thick on the ground around here.

The holiday is on the East coast, place called Hemsby. We find it good for walking the beaches in both directions, and inland there are broads, where the O/H likes to paddle her canoe around the edges, or we check out the museums, and occasionally the local pubs.

I have the Roadside Picnic on order, it should arrive well before we go. At present I'm reading 'Children of Time' by Adrian Tchaikovsky. This is a reasonable SF story, but there's quite a lot about spiders (Intelligent spiders, of course), and I'm not very fond of spiders, I am just about able to carefully trap small ones and put them outside. So reading about clever ones is a bit daunting!:)

• Sounds and looks a bit ambitious, Marshlander!

We could take a look at it if we get up Blakeney way, but as it's only for a week we probably won't get that far.

(I like restful holidays, myself. A walk, a pint, the sunset:). The O/H likes to dodge about a bit!).

• Ah Pitsford, am sure I have graced that area for the odd night here and there on the way through, I'm in north Essesx now, main choice here was getting away from years in the wetter damper parts of the U.K, , as far as I know, the only place that may or may not be a stone circle this far East is some sarcen stones at Alphmastone near Sudbury, even then the experts cant decide wether it actually was a stone circle, and a few at Ingatestone and 2-3 of the sarcen stones are planted in the high street, wether they were put there or wether the town street was built around them, who knows, so very few places to go to be at an ancient place, the good thing, as it's reasonably flat, can see the sunrise/set form anywhere, pick a nice bit of hedgrow facing into a field, voila.

Oh by the way, I have my own copy of knowledge book, it resides in my head and is the record of my life experience thus far.

• I'm disappointed we never heard back from DeliaB. If the thread was intended as a recruitment drive for a cult, it was lazy and lacking in commitment.

Yes, the recruitment drive if that what it was isnt very forthcoming, the sales pitch if that what it was is somewhat lacking. As there was curiosity shown just to know what it was about, if this was the Jehova witnesses and they scented even the merest curiosity after knocking on someone's door, they would have been all over them like a rash and they'd get 3 visits per day until they either joined or told the JW's to bugger off.

• "It's gone VERY QUIET in here. I presume we now wait for further enlightenment to be shared regarding the knowledge book."    wizardluv

This is now a dusty, abandoned thread. How fickle and one-sided the recruiter of a faith that lacks in promise.

We learned a lesson more valuable than any Knowledge printed via light-photon-cyclone technique.

• "It's gone VERY QUIET in here. I presume we now wait for further enlightenment to be shared regarding the knowledge book."    wizardluv

This is now a dusty, abandoned thread. How fickle and one-sided the recruiter of a faith that lacks in promise.

We learned a lesson more valuable than any Knowledge printed via light-photon-cyclone technique.

Indeed it has Maxal. I look at it this way, if a book of such deep knowledge with a promise to guide a person to a prescribed form of heightened enlightenment as portrayed by the thread starter was all that, then I scratch my head as to why one would sell it. I can only take it that it was an impulse buy that did not fulfill the intended purpose.

• wizardluv - I think she probably had an endless stack of them. DeliaB was basically a salesman.

. . . you say, "with a promise to guide a person to a prescribed form of heightened enlightenment."

I am currently reaching a moment of heightened enlightenment (not kidding). It is currently quarter to nine. The long days are a small miracle after winter. The sun is just hanging over the rooves at the other side of the street. There is a big garden at the front of my flat and I am lucky to have a huge tree. To the side of the tree there is a dance of certain types of flies / insects - I have no idea what humans call them (what does it matter what humans call them?) I think they are mixed flying beasts, some of them smaller but the ones which do the really acrobatic stuff, they are the shape of dragon files. I get this same view every year during these months. It's astoundingly beautiful because of the way they catch the light - they go from still to propelled motion in an instant; hover, jitter and all-of-a-sudden dart away, they can dart a huge twelve foot curve in half a second or less, all the time remaining golden in their path lit by the setting sun. A beautiful dance of many. You see? Enlightenment comes in many forms. It's all timed perfectly. Me sat here, the flies, the motion and the light hitting my eyes.

• wizardluv - I think she probably had an endless stack of them. DeliaB was basically a salesman.

. . . you say, "with a promise to guide a person to a prescribed form of heightened enlightenment."

I am currently reaching a moment of heightened enlightenment (not kidding). It is currently quarter to nine. The long days are a small miracle after winter. The sun is just hanging over the rooves at the other side of the street. There is a big garden at the front of my flat and I am lucky to have a huge tree. To the side of the tree there is a dance of certain types of flies / insects - I have no idea what humans call them (what does it matter what humans call them?) I think they are mixed flying beasts, some of them smaller but the ones which do the really acrobatic stuff, they are the shape of dragon files. I get this same view every year during these months. It's astoundingly beautiful because of the way they catch the light - they go from still to propelled motion in an instant; hover, jitter and all-of-a-sudden dart away, they can dart a huge twelve foot curve in half a second or less, all the time remaining golden in their path lit by the setting sun. A beautiful dance of many. You see? Enlightenment comes in many forms. It's all timed perfectly. Me sat here, the flies, the motion and the light hitting my eyes.

Yes, I reckon she was a sales person. All those type of books seem to promise a prescribed form of heightened enlightenment. You dont need to read and follow such fixed dictates such as the bible, koran, book of knowledge etc to reach such a state of being and enlightenment that I do know for sure.

Have you heard of binaural rhythms. I've been doing a lot of meditational work while listening to binaural pulse rhythms mixed in with recordings of natural earth sounds and vocal chants from around the world. You lay down and and have it playing through a good quality stereo, relax close you eyes, put a towel over your eyes to block out daylight, breath in rhythm with the sounds and let it wash over you. the binaural rhythms resonate at certain frequencies in line with the body. if you watch sound waves affecting water, the patterns it makes across the surface has the very same effect with the water content contained in the human cells and body, it does amazing things to you. your whole body will feel like its pulsing, floating, then feels like some force is terying to push you through whatever surface your lieing on if you want an enlightened experience that takes you beyond, give it a go, ypu have to work at it a bit if it doesnt hit you straight off, talk about feeling enlightened, recharged, whole and generally powered up on your inner energy, it's well worth it for an hour or so, then go sit and watch the winged flying insects. it will take it to another level. I bet the book of knowledge doesnt offer this up.

Check this one out for a start,

https://soundcloud.com/search?…feggio%2C%20OM%20Chanting

• In the Bruce lee kung fu classic the silent flute starring David Carradine,the book of all enlightenment was just a reflection of the self. It showed the person exactly who they are. I will not say more than that in case you have never seen it.

Here is a free section of this great cult film

You can buy the full film from me for 29.99 if you are in need of enlightenment :whistle:

• wizardluv - thanks for taking the time to describe the binaural information. It sounds as though you know a lot about it. I know that when I take the time to listen to music, it does me a lot of good. Maybe specific music with those calming properties would do even more. I do not do streaming, or any of those other computer things. I buy physical vinyl / CDs. I looked up binaural on Amazon and couldn't find anything - do you know of a good CD of it?

I was at Oxfam the other day and I bought a CD "Middle Eastern Journeys" (Bruton Music ‎– BR428). I've been to Turkey a lot, and I love to hear the call to prayer, have often wondered about a CD with it (but wouldn't know where to start). This CD doesn't have the call to prayer I want, but the other things far surpasses my expectations, with info on the middle eastern instruments etc. There are some tracks with a female vocalist from Lebanon which are stunning and some instrumentals from Kurdestan, Iraq etc.

Music is a huge world to get a grip of.

• itinerant child - that video was great to watch, oddly relevant to this thread. It's a shame Roddy McDowell wasn't wearing his chimp mask, it gives him so much more gravitas. Nice to see Christopher Lee too (and of course Carradine).

I'm going to see if I can get the full video somewhere.

• Ahh, the enlightened ones!

I'm not taking the piss, because I have had the good fortune to meet more enlightened ones a few times here, and they somehow shone with a kind of inner light.

They were ostensibly of any religion, it did not seem to matter, and of none at all. One or two were younger than I, much younger, but they were still recognisable for what they were.

One seemed to wear her shining on the outside of her human form rather than within, which was a little awesome to behold. I was a child at the time, and would have followed her into any hell that existed if I had been bidden to do so.

There is a sense of recognition when you meet these ones, that cannot be easily explained.

Casual conversation with these ones can take you straight into realms you usually keep in the back of your mind, and have maybe only ever spoken about as possibilities to a few close friends.

Sitting on a rock overlooking a river once, watching my friend canoeing, and a guy in some kind of robe came and sat a little way off. I took him for some sort of monk, but he might have been a new age pagan. We turned to each other in greeting, and smiled. The conversation went something like this:

‘It’s a grand view’ I said. He nodded softly.

‘How is it for you this time?’ He asked. I felt a slight kind of electric shock go through me.

‘It was difficult to begin with,’ I said, ‘But it has become an easier journey as time went on.’

He nodded. ‘You have learned acceptance.’ He stated this rather than asked it.

‘Of things I cannot change? Yes, I think so.’

‘Acceptance is difficult to learn,’ He said. ‘Only when there is acceptance can you begin to understand what it is all about.’

‘You are religious?’ I asked, looking at his robe. He smiled again.

‘I am trying to leave religion behind, and become a little more spiritual.’ He held up his hands. ‘It is difficult in a human form.’

‘ I am not religious’ I said. ‘There is the problem of evil… What god would send us here?’

He looked at me a little sadly, as if he had reached the limits of my understanding. ‘ No god could ever send you here.’ He stated softly. ‘You are here because you volunteered to come….’

We sat quietly together looking over the river until my friend moored her canoe nearby.

• wizardluv - thanks for taking the time to describe the binaural information. It sounds as though you know a lot about it. I know that when I take the time to listen to music, it does me a lot of good. Maybe specific music with those calming properties would do even more. I do not do streaming, or any of those other computer things. I buy physical vinyl / CDs. I looked up binaural on Amazon and couldn't find anything - do you know of a good CD of it?

I was at Oxfam the other day and I bought a CD "Middle Eastern Journeys" (Bruton Music ‎– BR428). I've been to Turkey a lot, and I love to hear the call to prayer, have often wondered about a CD with it (but wouldn't know where to start). This CD doesn't have the call to prayer I want, but the other things far surpasses my expectations, with info on the middle eastern instruments etc. There are some tracks with a female vocalist from Lebanon which are stunning and some instrumentals from Kurdestan, Iraq etc.

Music is a huge world to get a grip of.

I dont know of any CD's or where to get them as I havent looked for any, I use sound cloud or you tube and have downloaded the ones i like, there is an app on firefox to make it easy to download there is much more variety and choice on these platforms. It pays to stream some first to find what you like and what works for you before buying CD's. You have to choose what suits you and what you wish to achieve from helping to induce sleep, de-stress, help in healing, raise consciousness and spiritual awareness, help induce lucid dreams and so on. You can get either binaural rhythms on their own or added to music, I prefer added to music or chants which is more gentle and relaxing rather than the pulsing sounds on their own. They are rated in hurtz and on their own, to me, they are quite monotonous or overly pulsing and quite harsh depending on the frequency and not very condusive to achieve a meditative state and over exposure for long periods can give you a headache and bring on some anxiety.

Different specific hurtz frequencies and pulses have different affects on the brain and body, it is known how each band of hurtz affects you and what thay do and help with, it is also known it synchronises the brain through what they call entrainment and is said to get the left brain and right brain working in harmony. I like the natural earth sounds amd chants with a gentle binaural pulsing for relaxation in a meditative state to raise consciousness and a raised state of self awareness.

Streaming is an easy way to have access to experienc eit, did you follow the link I added in post 85. It also pays to read up on it forst. I tend to go for what I find soothing to the mind and relaxing mixed with music or sounds of nature, here's a page of them on sound cloud below, click and play, it's worth listening to some of these to see how you get on with them, its worth laying on the ground or floor with a thin pillow or a folded jumper for your head then close your eyes, gentle breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth and slow the body down and empty the mind, in other words, no thinking and let the music wash over you and then see how you feel after half an hour to start with, if you can plug your laptop ino a stereo and play through speakers rather than the laptops built in its better,

https://soundcloud.com/search?…0beats%20nautral%20sounds