HIPPIES mentioned in THE KNOWLEDGE BOOK

• "You consider the Hippies as the dregs of Society. But, no they are very Powerful Positive Energies. Because they cannot adapt themselves to Society no matter what they do, it always makes them happy meet at the Realm of Colors.

They are the victims of Society in the Realm of Christianity just as the sheep are sacrificed in the Realm of Islam. In this Period, while Islam sacrifices a sheep so that nothing malevolent happens to him/her, a Christian sacrifices by pushing away the Hippies from Society."

I am in possession of The Knowledge Book. I wanted to upload photos of this here but they are too big. It mentions hippies specifically. If you would like to see more please write me a message. We wanted to get in touch with people to share this information. ☺

• I didn't realise Christians sacrificed hippies. I always assumed Jesus was a hippie before his time, the long locks of hair and all, so in a way I guess you are right.

But his sacrifice was all for a higher purpose wasn't it? Do Christians sacrifice hippies as a kind of re-enactment of the crucifixion?

• Perhaps Kool-Aid is the only permitted beverage.

"...It is an Intergalatic Constitution, carrying the seal 115-685 of the Law of Universal Legislation"

Is this Scientology? I met an ex scientologist once, he wouldn't really talk about his experiences but he looked a bit haunted the one time it did come up.

• Rosewood - I didn't know ex-scientologists existed. I assumed they were all dead.

Working in publishing, a yearly event was going to the Book Fair where publishers would have their stalls to make deals / sell rights. Scientology being a religion (oddly) they made a lot of money, more than a lot of publishers (people read much less). Scientologists always had the larger, glitzier stalls.

Quite a few years ago I was passing by the Scientology stall. Of course I am intrigued by it, so I couldn't help but glance. At the same time, I really didn't want to talk to them; there was no reason to, I didn't see them as having any place in publishing, even though it is a very important aspect of their business to them. So, walking by them, glancing at them for all the wrong reasons, a blonde woman, immaculately made up and as tacky as their stall was, approached me. She held a big plate of picturesque strawberries, they looked so perfect they probably didn't have any flavour. She noticed me looking and said "hello" in a really creepy way. I continued on by and she said, "don't be frightened, we can talk." It was the oddest thing to say and she had latched on to my feelings exactly.

• I might be wrong, but are you referring to this:

The Knowledge Book

Are you recruiting?

That was my first thought. Recruiting is a major mission for practitioners of certain faiths. Dont you just love the smug I got an answer for everything act that the Jehova's pump out. Is this book of knowledge from the scientology stables.

I just had a peruse around the web site in the link. erm, mmmm. ~Maxal, let Oldkeith arrive in this thread and we'll have some kind of discussion going on. Till then.

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• The Jehova's witnesses came to my door decades ago, 'spreading the word' (as though it's a new thing and Jesus is a stranger). I didn't refuse them into my house as I am not like that, they were nice enough, and I enjoy discussing spiritual things. Little did I realize what I was letting myself in for. They came every week and it was the same couple, one was a nice Yugoslavian girl my age, the other was a chubby, solid African and sometimes her daughter would take her place. I even bought one of their bibles. I wanted the leather version, but oddly they made a fuss of that. They had to ask the leader (not God) and apparently, I wasn't yet properly formed to have the leather edition.

The visits became regular, I can't say it was like classes, but I did learn alot of what they believed. More than a class, it was debating my view to theirs. A battle of wills. Maybe they saw it as a challenge, to determine if time and persistence, along with the Word of God, can convert the Heathen*. I also visited their church once. The children were running around in the House of God, showing a healthy disrespect and it was one of the most cheerful churches I have seen. I was impressed, but defiinitely from an outsider's point of view. This wasn't for me. Never was, never would be; I knew that from day one.

Finally, one day, the African woman said to me, "We have been coming to you for three years now, and it looks like you will not be converted, so we must move on. This all takes valuable time." I was a bit incredulous about this. Suddenly things had shifted. My reason for seeing them was to discover more about them, never to convert them. I respected them and their beliefs, I liked discussing and debating things with them. Their reason for seeing me was not to see me, it was to change me into something else, I was inadequate to them - and they had clearly demonstrated that. Of course that was all predictable; we know what they are doing, but on a human level, forming the connections and then experiencing the conclussion was strange. The fact they were unaware of the rudeness of their shunning was irritating.

Having gone through this three-year experience, now, if a Jehova's witness comes to my door it is of course an entirely different matter! I have earned a new perception of them. In theory, with their ignorance of my history, differing groups of Jehovas could keep me occupied in conversion conversation for an eternity - a literal Gehenna. See: I learned something ;). I'm not rude to them, but I do think they are kind of rude. They are not coming to my door on equal terms, to discover who I am, they are coming to my door with presumptions, ready to tell me how wrong I am, wanting me to copy them. Sadly, they are deaf, dumb and blind to new ideas and they can't truly enjoy the company of others.

One of the big disagreements I had with the Jehovas was their perception of the relation between the individual and God, that it is one of fear. I didn't like that, the whole respect for authority thing, that you should fear something great. Even with teachers and parents. Most roles are fallible. It is misleading to think roles are one-sided (teachers can learn, children can parent, doctors can be doctored, executioners can be shot). Everybody can learn - even Buddha. They said it's not plain old fear, it's more complex than that - a loving fear, and even that doesn't express it (oh, all these undefinables . . . ) A lot of the things they said during the three years distanced me in kinship, but I liked them as people. (And it would be unfair of me to insinuate they didn't like me.)

I said some flip things in this thread about the crucifixion, I did so in order to get a response from DeliaB. But you, DeliaB don't seem to want to reply publicly. The Hippie sacrifice idea, though not literally, has some merit. I genuinely would like to see more (publicly). And pictures are groovy. :happydanc

In the ideal scenario, Jesus the gnostic, I would like to meet, and I think he would like to meet me. I do not need an interpreter in between. It would be illuminating to know to what degree Jesus has been misrepresented by institutions and time. Was he kind beyond measure, was he an egoist / egotist, self-serving, charismatic, yearning to learn, what were his true beliefs?

* I am categorically not a "heathen" - I have immense spirit. Religions like to insinuate others are void of spirit. :angel:

• The below is ALL direct quote from their site.

The Knowledge Book has been prepared so that by its inherent Cosmic techniques it most effectively facilitates our evolvement until we reach the dimension of the Genuine Human Being (7th Evolutionary dimension)..

The Knowledge Book was prepared according to the ALPHA entrance – OMEGA exit programme of evolution on Earth. It was dictated using the Light-Photon-Cyclone Technique through the Alpha Channel of the Lord , in the period 1981-1993 to Vedia Bülent Önsü Çorak (Mevlana) in Anatolian Turkey.

Mrs Çorak, born in 1923, is the direct spokesperson and only representative of the System on the planet. She received the Book not through her personal channel, but as a messenger of the Lord who is connected to His direct channel.

The Book is an energy total comprising the frequency of all the Religious Books revealed to the Earth until now, together with the frequency of the Mighty Energy Focal Point.

The Knowledge Book took 12 years to complete, and is composed of 55 Fascicules and 7 supplements – making a total of 62 chapters.

"In 1996," the Book was published for the first time in book-format in Turkish (Original) and in English at the same time, by the World Brotherhood Union Mevlana Supreme Foundation based in Istanbul. This organisation is registered in the Universal Totality as the official single direct focal point of the Reality of the Unified Humanity on the planet Earth, and it acts as the Reality’s World Broadcasting Centre.

In no way was the Knowledge Book given to please Humanity’s terrestrial expectations and curiosity, but rather to project the information and energy necessary for our evolution during this transition stage.

• WORD OF WARNING - to those who do not want to spend 100 Euros on the book:

"Only the first photocopy of the original contains the Light-Photon-Cyclone Technique that makes this Book a unique evolutionary tool. If further photocopies are produced, this technique is lost."

"For that reason, please do not photocopy the loose chapters of the Knowledge Book for your friends. You will waste your efforts, your time and your money, since these second copies will in no way have the full value of the Knowledge Book. They will contain information but not the Omega energy."

• I was looking at the Knowledge Book website last night, fascinating reading. The creation of the Knowledge book brought to mind the story of Joseph Smith, though as far as I'm aware, the Mormons are not intergalactic.

Maxal, your experience with the Jehovah's witnesses was interesting to read. I have an undefined spiritual/pagan leaning but I find other religions quite fascinating. When I was at university we had Mormons visit the halls of residence. They were very friendly but after chatting with us all it became clear they had decided on a single person they wished to recruit. For a couple of months the Mormons would follow my friend around campus and show up to watch rugby matches when he was playing and loiter around the accommodation. I think in the end he had to make it clear that he had no intention of joining.

The last time I spoke to a Mormon was quite a few years ago when I was living in Oxford. I was happy to chat with them but I had to draw a line at the point they said I had no morality because I didn't believe in their god. To me, it doesn't make sense that morality and kindness are only a by-product of fearing the wrath of a deity.

Your experience with the scientologists is just quite sinister.

• To pick out a part of your post to expand on, the chance to meet the man that was called Jesus, well the one of probably an awful lot that was the depictio in the bible. According to what I have read from early accounts taken from texts etc that were not contained in the bible and historical research and probably some theory, he was part of a band of nomads or similar and the tribe was under a constant persecution from bigger powers. maybe leaders of a country with religion involved, I built the picture that he was

a kind of figure head/leader of a band of rebels for the cause of the peoples he was of and it didnt suit the agenda of the powers that be so they had to be like that to sort of fight for their rights rather than be down trodden and seen as minority that shouldnt be allowed to exist. I cnt imagine it was overly peaceful back in those days, much like it is today in those areas of the globe where minority facotrs are fighting for rights to exist in their traditional homeland. I certainly dont think he was anything like how the bible portrays him. I expect he could have been a sort of hippy/alternative type living with peoples who had values that went against the grain of the majority, the leaders of the majority of any time seem to want to disband and disperse groups/tribes etc that dont follow their dictates. After all he was said to be a palestinian wasnt he, look at the peoples of palestine, the battle still goes on. Christians and Muslims have fought for centuries for sole rights to the same mountain area in Jerusalem. where both religions claim their prophets eminated onto the earth from the heavens. It's all conjecture really, although I am far from a scholar in these things although I do think there are those who have done deep research of those times have built a more accurate picture than anything the bible has popularised for their own ends.

• Rosewood - yes, rugby players are very charismatic. ;)

As for the "light-photon-cyclone" - I think it's more akin to a feigned spiritual watermark. It serves to ensure they get their money.

I need to have a proper look at the site. So, I could be being unfair (come out DeliaB wherever you are . . .). When I confronted the site I thought my god, there is a lot there, and yet oddly not a lot of comments which hit you directly. Quite a few complext drawings, with angles etc. Is truth really that difficult? Mystifying. I'm sure there may be some things with meaning. I too have read around these things, I find the quest beautiful in many ways. But then when it becomes institutionalised, it's another matter.

Max Weber's take on belief, is well worth understanding. Belief goes through three stages: Charismatic, traditional, bureaucratic. That does not necessarily mean that when religion is in the bureaucratic stage that it loses its essential charisma! Religion very much stays alive through individuals to whatever level they wish. I hear it often said that religion is losing its hold on the modern world - these people have clearly not travelled. Religion has its ups and downs, but I don't see it disappearing.

It's great you pursue your way, sourcing and witnessing many.

• wizardluv - yes well put. I think I see him similarly. Was he Palestinian? I think the mainstream take Jesus as Jewish. Wikipedia (our Bible) states: "Jesus also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus Christ, was a first-century Jewish preacher and religious leader." I'd have to read more to know for sure. Regardless, he's come to mean more than his nationality and I'd think he himself would want to rise above nationality and nations.

What you said about Jesus' rebel nature is something which keeps me intrigued with the idea of Jesus. The phrase that sticks in my mind is Jesus walked with beggars, thieves, and prostitutes. Is that what Trump, and Theresa May do? (God it tires me when I think of such charlattans leading.) Interestingly Angela Merkel has a bit of that compassion and mixes it with good business sense. Germany could suffer if they don't respect her ambitions more. We need more leaders who support the outsider.

Continuing the outsider theme is the history of Christianity and its treatment of women. From about 400ad onwards women became more sytematically weeded out of being priests etc, ie, not given due respect within the religious establishment. Earlier, than this, there is evidence, history could have gone in another direction. I think there was a pope around 400 who was very sexually active and he wanted female temptation removed. Before him, there was already signs religion was weeding women out. There have been some interesting studies on this for a while (some pretend to be new and it is not new at all, just kept quiet).

The keeping quiet bit is also what interests me. When I say "Jesus as a gnostic", it points to him being more of a searching alchemist than how he is currently perceived by mainstream Christianity as a vessel of God, a path. It is something I have come across in writings only by reading to the edges. I have not found information directly stating things and dealing with the subject head on. [Writing by Robert Anton Wilson in Prometheus Rising, and then backing the same idea of Jesus' gnosticism Martin Seymour Smith highly commending the writings of Gurdjieff, but being profound in his own right.] There is too much reading to do. The history of alchemy is what concretely links science to religion way back to Hermes Trismegistus. Both science and religion ostracise it out of history and the result significantly distorts the history of both. It further counfounds the subject that there is a lot of waffle in between some interesting ideas. I have read the Vatican has a huge collection of occult books.

Esotericism - the practice of excluding knowledge from the masses. Religion - the opiate of the masses. It's a complex paradox. Some want to spread the word, others want to retain power. Magicians often intentionally chose to be cryptic to protect their knowledge in order to capitalise on it and keep it their own (the Egyptians, following Hermes, included). Other magicians saw that by sharing knowledge, unexpected advance could be made. Now, major cults debate this and previously banned or highly secret books are published, explained and can be bought on Amazon. It's funny.

The knowledge Book looks highly esoteric. DeliaB - can you put it in a nutshell for us?

• It seems to be a subject for debate:

"Jesus Was a Palestinian is a critical analysis of the Bible set against the historical, archaeological and the political background of the Hebrew people both past and present, in the ever changing landscape of the Middle East. Katherine Frisk explores the influence that the Egyptian, Babylonian and Persian Empires had on a people buffered between East and West." A quote on Amazon referring to Frisk's book on the subject.

• ... The creation of the Knowledge book brought to mind the story of Joseph Smith, though as far as I'm aware, the Mormons are not intergalactic.

https://www.lds.org/music/libr…ie-to-kolob?lang=eng&_r=1

I think they were once more spaced out than they are these days. God lives on the planet Kolob.

Growing up I always thought this hymn was an utter waste of a beautiful Vaughan Williams version of The Star Of The County Down. They did the same with Sibelius, Handel and Mozart.

• Is that Max Weber - The sociology of religion?

I can't find much at all about the Knowledge Book besides the main website. I came across one thread where a person was seeking advice on whether or not they'd accidently joined a cult. They were saying that you are banned from yoga, massage and reiki as it interfered with energy frequencies. They also said that once you joined you had to recruit new members and hand out information to a stranger once a week, failure to do so resulted in punishment.

Was it the Gospel of St. Thomas that was considered Gnostic, and because of this not included as part of the biblical canons. I think it was the one that included 'split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift a stone; you will find me'. I can see why this wouldn't be popular from perspective of the church as it might encourage free thinking.

• Perhaps Kool-Aid is the only permitted beverage.

"...It is an Intergalatic Constitution, carrying the seal 115-685 of the Law of Universal Legislation"

Is this Scientology? I met an ex scientologist once, he wouldn't really talk about his experiences but he looked a bit haunted the one time it did come up.

but he looked a bit haunted the one time it did come up.

😁😁😁

• WORD OF WARNING - to those who do not want to spend 100 Euros on the book:

"Only the first photocopy of the original contains the Light-Photon-Cyclone Technique that makes this Book a unique evolutionary tool. If further photocopies are produced, this technique is lost."

"For that reason, please do not photocopy the loose chapters of the Knowledge Book for your friends. You will waste your efforts, your time and your money, since these second copies will in no way have the full value of the Knowledge Book. They will contain information but not the Omega energy."

At €100, I'd expect some Omega energy and Light-Photon-Cyclone Technique!!!

Is the author a Mr Dyson?

• https://www.lds.org/music/libr…ie-to-kolob?lang=eng&_r=1

I think they were once more spaced out than they are these days. God lives on the planet Kolob.

Growing up I always thought this hymn was an utter waste of a beautiful Vaughan Williams version of The Star Of The County Down. They did the same with Sibelius, Handel and Mozart.

Cheers for that, I never realised the Mormons has such exciting origins.

It looks like the Knowledge Book also go by the name World Brotherhood Union.

http://www.dkb-mevlana.org.tr/en/index_eng.html#work1

• We should form our own religion. Obviously the mormon's have good taste. We can locate Rosewood's rugby friend they were hankering after - rugby players are often godlike. And then we can have Bjork's All Is Full of Love as the official hymn. Skittles can be the new wafer of transubstantiation and wine in abundance (I'll trade my wine for more skittles.)

Rosewood - it is disturbing you found little info outside their site and the recruitment and punishment factor.

Yes about Weber, he had a lot of good ideas, the idea of anomie, individuals getting detached from society as work became more mechanised and separated from life's meaning and ideas about the origin of capitalism in The Spirit of Capitalism and the Protestant Work Ethic. (I hardly read books like that now!)

• There is too much to quote, so here goes, although brief as ~I too am hungry, I am going to forego the bowl of air for some real sustanance born of the land and sea, like a fresh piece of tuna steak coated in Zaatar ( one of the best things in the herb and spice world for cooking with), potatoes and brocilli, ---- for shits and giggles---- a bowl of air reminds me of the strange/weird art of air guitar that people do to mimick the actions of their real guitar heroes, so Maxal, who is your eating hero so you can mimick them when air eating, it must be the same thing as air guitar as it is a mimick of the actions of the real delight of tucking in to a lush plate of food ha ha ha :pp:pp:pp , there must be several arm and wrist actions and head bobbing that can be attained to mimick various foods when air eating, for example, a bowl of soup, that would be quite the movement to mimick when air eating, a nice wide sweep of the elbow whilst keeping the wrist level then a quick bob of the head downwards to meet to incoming spoon of soup/air.I have digressed enough but needed to be said as I think air eating comeptions as a fecking hilarious concept as is air guitar competitions, The breatharian festival needs an air eating competition to be judged on several points including, action, the handliong of cutlery and smooth graceful movements in a realisitc manner, what do you think ?

Anyway, from my readings I have always thought of the bibles jesus as being Palestinian, Palestinians can be of the jewish faith, its well documented and also Palestinians have been termed the race of lost Jews. i think it is possible that several areas in that region may well have claimed Jesus as a son of their land, much as Britain falsely claims st george as one of our own sons born of this land, utter crap. images pertaining to st george was seen on ancient Syrian carvings long before we adopted him as our patron saint. Much the same as the christian faith in my mind more than likely adopted Jesus as a son of their faith rather than him actually being or becoming christian. Does not the torah ( being the written word alledgedly handed down from god to moses) /talmud ( being the oral word alledgedly handed down from god) have the name yeshua pertaining to being jesus, what religious group adopted who, if jesus and yeshua are in fact one and the same, one set of scripts of which both the torah and the bible are said the be the word of god handed down to, oh wait a minute, moses, oh fuck, this gets all too complicated as these main characters seem to appear in 2 totally separate religions sets of scriptures which are not overly accepting of each others beliefs/accounts, who lies, who are the hypocrites, whos borrowed who, I give up, well maybe for now lol. Note I do not use capital letters for certain words like god, jesus,torah, bible, this is because I do not suscribe to their beliefs or ideals in any way shape or form, by using a capital letter ( apart from the letter 'I' when referring to myself) it would feel like I would be in recognition or hold some respect whereas most of the time I am in disdain and hold in suspicion the face value of what they espouse as fact.

I have just taken in some deep breaths after writing this, I feel sustained, perhaps I do not need to eat now given the nourishment that breatharians claim is attainable by breath alone. :whistle:

• As a quick addendum to the above before I decide if I need to eat or just carry on breathing in the hope it will fill my rumbling belly as breatharians would have me believe, indeed Maxal and Rosewood, where is DeliaB. By posting #1 which has subsequently turned into a very interesting, entertaining and at times a funny thread which may or may not have been her intentions, we do not know yet as her prescence is yet to be observed. We are a bunch that is getting curious. Where's wally. Imagine what would have happened if in jesus's time upon the intended arrest, everyone in his presecence started playing where's wally in the same manner that people at stonehenge at one time all claimed to be wally upon an impending arrest.