Legalisation of cannabis

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I am firmly convinced that if it were legalised many present users would stop using it. The real appeal is in the anarchy

not so sure that present users will stop using it ,and not so sure iff its going to be leagalised ,it could go the same way as the usa ,which is its made available through the NHS for medicinal use ,via a medical ganja card ,so anyone authorised with the medical card is permitted to consume it , i can see a few problems appear iff this happens ,yes i might put some of the growers and gangsters out of buissines ,but i believe the black market price will fall considerably ,but there will still be a black market for it ,secondly ,there will be a huge influx of people going to doctors surgerys ,blagging illnesses ,so that they can get there tings ,on perscription ,which will put even more strain on the NHS and clogging up doctors surgerys

• Post by Maxal ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Post by Maxal ().

• agreed , and may i also add ,that there are more compounds to marijuana than just THC that actually contribute towards the buzz that you get ,you also have the CBN and CBD ,factors which also contribute towards the high ,different types of marijuana have different levells of ,THC , CBD ,CBN , in them ,depending on what crossbreed that you are smoking ,for example , pure indica strains ,are a different high from pure sativa strains ,hence what we have now ,is either pure indica ,pure sativa ,or the huge variaty of different crossbreed strains that we have today,the different strains not only gives the user ,personal choice ,of different highs ,but also aroma and taste ,the same way a drinker has a prefference ,for bitter or larger ,or different types of ale,generally,indica strains , originate for a certain part of the globe ,and sativa strains originate from another part of the globe ,they differ ,because of the climate in which that they grow naturally in there natural habbitat ,they have been able to manipulate theses strains ,to make them stronger ,by developing them and seeding them under high powered lighting systems

• Post by wizard1luv ().

• Post by Maxal ().

• Post by wizard1luv ().

• I'm the same with food and cooking, knowing the ingredients and how they affect food to breing the best out in an overall eating experience and taste etc. A guilty secret is the one thing I would watch there and then if I had a T.V is masterchef the professionals. As it highlights, you have to know and understand ingredients to make good food, anyone can chuck 6 things in a pot with a tin or two of tomatoes and that god awful shite that is dried pasta.

As with drugs as you say, ingredients maketh it. The growing side of things in my mind with all the genetics and science they use to make hybrids and super strengths and adding flavours and hits by scientific intervention has gone too far in my mind, it's all gone to pot, pun intended. There is many bits that go to make up the final hit and smoke, and commercially, its all horrible, they prey on the THC side of things which is what causes it to be a cosh rather than what you describe as that old skool happy giggly head high, it's rare to find thta these days hence why I dont touch it. There is all the numerous CB's , turpeines and other finer aspects that go to make it what it is. Thankfully, ther eis still old skool hash from traditional outdoor under the sun hgrown plants, but even in Morrocco and appearing in India, plants and seeds have been transported from elsewhere and introduced and or crossed with the land race native plants, changing it yet again, a lot of seeds etc has been taken to Morrocco and India from Afghanistan, this is big time growers for the commercial market. The small family farms doing it traditional still exist but not like it was. A lot of the resulting hash has changed from these places due to imports of new seeds and strains to places where they never existed before. Ingredients are in the picking of strains to cross to then grow a new variety, I dont know how deep they go with all the aspects that affect the final smoke and hit but for the most part, it all seems to revolve around the THC content and now the CBD's etc for the medical oils.

People are dumb and fall for it as the one main aspect they think of in what they should be buying is it should be as strong as possible. Well, that's no good really, hence the more modern cannabis psychosis thats crept in, and that's only happened since genetics kicked in and upped the game of cultivation to grow these super strength's. You can only pretty much gaurantee what you are going to get by the indoor cultivation, outdoors is very weather and conditions dependant which can vary a strain's effect year after year.

i used to cultivate for a 10 yr period ,throughout the 1990s ,both indoor growing under lights ,both soil grown and hydroponics ,and outdoor under natural sunlight ,i used to mainly grow from cuttings and keep a mother plant going ,but iv also experimented ,cross polinating and creating my own strain ,making my own hashish and oil ,from the leaves ,it was a very nice time in my life ,very interesting learning about growing and plants ,and a very nice hobby indeed ,and its true what you say ,most people go for strength rather than aroma or taste , i allways went for aroma and taste before strength

• Post by Maxal ().

• Post by wizard1luv ().

• They maybe haven't yet totally assessed how much they can take in taxes from weed, wizard, at this point in time.

You know, like they do with booze.

So dear old Lord Hague is in front of the game. As an ex-government minister he has maybe already seen the dosh flowing in....

• Post by wizard1luv ().

• Post by Maxal ().

• I have just heard a report on Radio news, it said Gb last year grew 95 tons of cannabis, not hemp, cannabis for export for medical and scientific use, WHAT THE FUCKIN FUCK, we know it is grown, but that amount, and they are hesitating anf flapping about at letting be in use in this country for those that need it. Fucking hypocrites of the highest order. Growing it but wont let it be used, only sativex is licenced for use, but thats not the real deal, might be synthetic, not sure about that one.

The UK is the worlds largest supplier of medicinal cannabis. The company head quarters are no more than a couple of miles away from me now. The growing units are on a industrial estate at a secret location somewhere else in the UK and inside the growing rooms it resembles a futuristic food production city on Mars

I can assure you there’s nothing synthetic about their products.

The same company have been very busy obtaining copyrights on cannabis strains. I watched a documentary where one of companies scientists was holding a book of cannabis varieties/strains that they own the copyrights for to date. If it was 30 pages thick and 20 plus strains to the page, you can get the idea. The scientist explained (bragged) that no one else had a legal right to grow any of those varieties, now or in the future without their concent.

The King of Cannabis is also very active seeking out land race strains around the world and putting them into production.

• The government have announced a review of Medical cannabis use today.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44536978

Tbh i think the only reason the government has and is delaying any legalisation for medical or recreational use is simply to give domestic producers the chance to gear up for licensed production for UK domestic use which they will control fully throughout the supply line and tax its use.

Domestic Industrial producers are doing the same as Monsanto is doing globally,buying up heirloom/heritage seed companies for all manner of food crops so that they can own the copyright and control supply.

We're all being spun for cunts by the big industrials who are aided and abetted by governments everywhere...whats new?

Id like to bet that legalisation comes after Brexit as a PR stunt to say 'we're governing Britain now' and will coincidentally plug a few gaps in lost exchequer revenue.

• When the facts tell us? Well, what do the facts tell us? The fentanyl saga is madness (100 times stronger than heroin), and then leaked onto the underground market causing whole towns to be badly affected by chronic addiction and increased cases of overdose. Highly irresponsible, causing so much more damage than individual freedom with marijuana could ever cause. So the pharmaceutically produced (Chinese) fentanyl - what do we think of this pharmaceutical achievement generally - does it's good use outweigh the bad? We would be better off if the drug never crossed the Chinese border.

fentanyl by it’s very nature and intended clinical use is a god send. There’s only so much, so far morphine can do/go before it becomes ineffective as a pain killer.

Fentanyl although synthetic is what I would describe as a clean alternative to the many other analgesics used widely to treat chronic pain. It is available in many administration forms, injections, pills, patches, lozenges, nasal sprays.

The Chinese Fentanyl is dangerous because of the poor control of dose rates/measurements, production environments and supply routes. In my view they are also two very different issues, 1) being black market/unregulated. 2) big pharma companies/reps/Doctors widely promoting routine use of prescription fentanyl.

Chinese (black market) fentanyl is devastating the US and many more Countries around the world. But it is only the precursor to fentanyl’s big brother carfentanile. Reported to be 10 times more potent than Fentanyl and 5000 times stronger than heroin, 10,000 times more potent than morphine.

Indeed it has been considered by some cults and governments to be a potential chemical weapon.

I asked my friend today if she had ever known a person who used heroin to manage their pain. She said not and nor do I. Clean, unadulterated heroin is safer than Fentanyl in my view.

• Post by wizard1luv ().

• I also thought this king was a greedy bastard and although he has a love and fascination for the plant. He his also relishing his role of explorer, while running wild with a load of stonner mates. I have to wonder why it’s been left to the likes of him to do the leg work. Any one of us could have become plant/seed hunters.

These strains are worth a vast amount of money, especially when the likes of UK companies think they can own and control the future growth and use of these plants.

My other concern is accidental cross pollination. With the wider dispersal/distribution of cannabis strains grown and pirate attitude to cannabis cultivation, without this secure seed bank of landrace, these strains could be lost forever.

I have no idea where it will eventually lead. But it’s all heading in a direction beyond my wildest dreams from when I was a young lad dope smoker.

Can you remember the black and green sew on cloth patches we hippies would wear? Legalise Cannabis Campaign.

We can now house a few small plants in a controlled artificial environment (home) and potentially produce a regular amount of a type of cannabis that suits our mood. Let’s push to make it legal once and for all :D:dready::beard::hippie:

Governments around the world are opening up to the health benefits and even relaxing legislation to decriminalising.

It’s a beautiful day and a long time coming.

• Absolutely.One of the rebellion patch sew ons on my cutoff to horrify my parents was a lovely green leaf.What persons choose to take is entirely their own business.If they are 100 pc certain that the contents and the short and long term impacts of the substance they are to take are known in full.I only trust, seen grown, bud and leaf from a very trusted person.

Dealers do it for money no other reason,so of course they want gain and somewhere down the supply chain there will be unscrupulous people,who know they can never be traced.Cutting,adulterating anything with other substances is common.Many heroin users up North died a few years ago from anthrax.The origin was thought to be animal faeces that had been used to bulk it out in India.It was kept low profile news probably to stop anthrax scares.Appallingly was the response of the government office of the MP who was contacted over this.His secretary said"why is this an issue,do you use heroin?Its only drug addicts"when she was asked why there was no widespread alert over this.

Many friends with pain,MS etc use cannabis to ease their pain.

If legalising means those who choose can get a patch going on their place without harassment good,if the government seek to make money from this via tax and block private growth not good.

I remember the moonlight runs to special secret glades and the sight of the revered sticky buds ,then checking it out,,,:insane:and waking up cold at dawn sneaking home out of sight.Popping down the allotment in broad daylight doesnt have the same relish.:D

• Post by Maxal ().

• Post by wizard1luv ().

• Post by Maxal ().

• If cannabis is legalised here on the UK. Will there be that much revenue for the government?

I do know legalisation is feared by the now illegal growers. After paying for growing equipment, electricity, perishables and the thought of everyone growing small amounts, selling surplus and shops selling licenced farmed cannabis. A flooded market Could mean the price will fall below profitability. Who amongst us will bother to pay TAX when huge savings can be made supporting our connoisseur mates, who are growing what we like or are recommended at the time.

I hope the government get this right. By permitting authorised (routinely tested) cannabis suppliers/outlets to sell to the public and using any revenue to support education and the rehabilitation/medical treatmentof any future cannabis psychosis patients.

What we don’t want is licenced shops/market stalls selling both, legit, tested, Taxed, approved cannabis and slipping in the under the counter, aunties homegrown to increase lucrative profits as has happened in pubs/clubs with spirits etc over the years to avoid Tax and max profits.

• Post by Maxal ().

• cannabis can be grown at home ,under lights for a very small amount of money ,so there will allways be a black market ,and the home grower would allways be able to undercut ,any government farmed weed ,atm ,growers are charging rediculous amounts of money ,for a product that costs very little to grow ,for example ,i can grow 12oz of weed in 8 weeks ,and all it will cost me to grow it is £40 in electricty ,for over £2000 profit ,you do the maths ,and weed grown on small scale ,is far better quality iff grown correctly ,than mass produce government farms