FREE TOMMY ROBINSON

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• His behaviour, and the distraction it could cause, is potentially prejudicing an important trial.

I've gleaned from a solicitor friend that an order was made under s4(2) Contempt of Court Act 1981 -- in other words, a judge had already ordered a media ban on reporting, and he was filming the defendants going in and out of the court.

Because of the block on reporting I cannot legally let the discussion on this continue - we're hosted in the UK, and as far as I know the only media sources allowed to report on Tommy Robinson's arrest are the Standard and The Metro.

I don't want to close or delete this thread, but I don't think I have much choice.

I'll reopen if I can once I have better information, or know my own legal position (which has nothing to do with my opinion).

• After seeing stories creeping into social media I'm tentatively reopening this.

I have to watch that nothing posted could potentially affect any legal proceedings against the alleged "grooming gang" trial that's currently ongoing -- innocent until proven guilty etc. If it looks like it's going that way, then I'll need to close it again.

Personally I think Tommy Robinson is a dangerous fool - I don't think he's the far right ultra-racist that he's often painted as, but I do think his approach is ignorant, inflammatory and unhelpful and he mixes with a lot of unsavoury characters.

But he's been shaped by his experience and I think he's his own worst enemy as a result - he keeps one part of Islam under the lens, and presents it like it's the only part of Islam. I recently saw him talking about Grenfell Tower, and using it to politicise his views on illegal immigration! X/

I also think that, in a fair trial, all the involved parties need to be protected -- and that includes the prosecution, the members of the jury and the defence team -- and as such, filming and challenging people going in and out of court during a media blackout could put them and their families in danger - and an arrest was probably the only way to stop it.

• Im gonna leave this link here, I despise Mr Robinson, how he goes about spreading his views is entirely unhelpful to open debate and discussion, however if he were being illegally imprisoned I'd be shouting for his release too. He's not been illegally imprisoned, he's just a knob who knew very well what he was doing would invite hatred and could possibly pevert the course of justice, knew that if he continued to ignore the warnings he was given that he would be arrested, did it anyway and then mustered his fanatics to paint him as a free speech martyr. Frankly, it is an insult to those genuinely fighting for human rights.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/

• So what about the now known about male politicians who groomed boys and including what people held as T.V favourites that groomed kids, Jimmy Saville etc, he was known about for years and was kept hushed as he got too powerful behind the scenes, the establishment is equally as guilty in parts as is the dirty fecker priests in frocks who have been uncovered for deviant acts against kids, where is tommy robinson shouting about this side of it, the white English nowhere. I too think he is a dangerous fool who has gained some kind of patriotic following like he is a living daily article out of the sun newspaper, and oh I'll change my name from a posh sounding double barrel middle class set up to a more suitable name that befits the character he is. So reminds me of characters in the film This is England.

• He has gone by many names over the last 9 years, it’s been a way of avoiding death threats. Even the Home Office suggested he change his name and move to a safe house.

However placing him in a British prison isn’t the safest of places unless he does his sentence in solitary confinement.

This is nothing more than State victimisation and silencing free speech and journalism. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem. Silence won’t do!

It’s not like the first time he has been set up and sent to prison. Here’s a interview where the journalist got a taste of heavy handed police intimidation and locked up in a cell for just interviewing Tommy Robinson.

• tommy comes from ,and plyed his trade in the very town that i live , iv seen and had first hand experience ,at goings on in the local community ,from both sides , IM SAYING NOTHING ,provocatures ,provokes reactions ,iv seen it ,iv watched it ,IM STILL SAYING NOTHING

• Did'nt watch the whole of the video and have never researched the guy before....if his story is true and factual then aye stateist persecution is in effect.

It's a bit daft of him though to knowingly put himself in contempt of court especially when on a suspended sentence for the same offence.

• apologies folks, this turned into an essay....please feel free to skip it, or if you can be bothered to read it all, ask me questions, help me find better sources, give me other angles to think about.

This is very complex. Regardless of the man's views, if he is genuinely being victimised by the government/police/judicial system, that's shitty. He isn't the first person it has happened to. My main concern with all of it is how the hell to find unbiased information on what really happened, when and why. Both sides are spinning the fuck out of this and that frustrates me a lot. Do I believe the police and prison services are blameless and innocent, hell no, do I believe Tommy is as blameless in all of it as he makes out, nope.

I would seriously love to see some reporting on this that isn't either alt/far right activists portraying him as a hero of free speech, or party line he's an arsehole just tring to make trouble whitewashing. Politics has always been complex but these days I feel like there are no honest sources anymore, the middle ground is just a mess and the extreme wings are both trying to portray themselves as the truth tellers, while spinning the hell out of everything, telling half truths, and manipulating people. The harder you look the deeper the rabbit hole goes, I stepped away from politics a few years ago as I was just getting utterly burnt out and fear I may need to do so again for the sake of my sanity!

There are two main issues with all this for me...Firsty the right to free speech, and where that meets incitement to violence, and whether we as a society should set that line, let alone where we should set it. These things are incredibly complex. I personally, think there should be a line, others may disagree. I will try and explain why below. Secondly the right to be free of police/state harassment. I know there are times when police royally stitch people up. Many years ago it happened to people close to me, blatantly and outrageously, it is utterly shit. If it is true that his family have been threatened, that he has been repeatedly put in danger because those in power disagree with his views, then that is something that should be brought to light and dealt with, but it seems to me that this legitimate issue has been confused and mixed in with his genuine lawbreaking, he has admitted to breaching court orders, breaking parole terms, committing yet more inflammatory acts that have further stirred the anti Muslim feeling all over the world...these things are equally as serious, to my mind.

My perspective is this, that there are extremists on both sides that advocate the violent subjegation and abuse of their 'enemy'. That these extreme persons, (especially those who try to hide behind political correctness, but yet still manage to say outrageous things behind closed doors) and some who are as yet uncommited to extremism but could be swayed, are further polarised and and stirred up every time acts of hate, either of speech or deed, are committed. You cannot move to censor one group and not the other in a fair society, but I do not believe any resolution will come from shouting the odds, stirring up yet more fear and hatred, addressing issues from a place of hate and fear, specially when you feel you have genuine reasons to be fearful, and I believe that every time these things happen it adds fuel to the fire, and if we keep allowing people to commit inflammatory acts without restriction (for both sides) we will all burn in the fire it creates. I believe that this should be done within the law of the land, and that this has been abused at times on both sides. I am no great lover of our government or our police force, both are flawed institutions. However, fundamentally I believe you cannot defeat hatred by shouting your hatred back louder. Mr Robinson is not always extreme or hateful in his presentation, but he has been, and he has led an organisation that has responded in a very agressive and negative way. It simply doesn't work as a long term solution between violently opposing groups.

That is why I believe Mr Robinson's previous behaviour is dangerous, and why I believe he is viewed as dangerous by those who may have abused their power to try and subdue him. Not because anyone wants to suppress his right to hold a belief in some kind of Orwellian thoughtcrime scenario, as the far right often paint it, but that responding to extremist provocation in the way that he has, (sometimes understandably, sometimes in ways that can do no good but will stir up more anger for his cause), has increased tentions in an already volatile situation over years.

From what I can gather so far, this currently prison term is for a demonstrable offence he knowingly commited, he has admitted it, he breached a court order not to discuss or film defendants in an ongoing criminal case, potentially threatening the legal process. This is as far as I can tell so far, is not directly related to any previous unlawful arrest or harassment by the police or cases against him. I'd like to be able to be more sure in my perspective but as I've mentioned above, I'm finding it very hard to find an unbiased source of information.

• tommy comes from ,and plyed his trade in the very town that i live , iv seen and had first hand experience ,at goings on in the local community ,from both sides , IM SAYING NOTHING ,provocatures ,provokes reactions ,iv seen it ,iv watched it ,IM STILL SAYING NOTHING

if you truly wish to say nothing, I can understand that completely, but your perspective could be helpful as someone 'on the ground'.

• This is very complex. Regardless of the man's views, if he is genuinely being victimised by the government/police/judicial system, that's shitty.

I watched the livestream of him being arrested - it was up on Facebook for a couple of days during the media ban for some reason. It seemed quite innocent at first and he was deliberately using the words "alleged" when speaking about the defendants.

He asked the police whether he was OK filming away from the court steps and they seemed to say it was - but he wasn't speaking to anyone at that time.

However, as soon as anyone Asian entered the court he started firing questions at them, asking whether they felt guilty or not. A couple of the guys going into the court started firing off at him and it got a bit heated.

He hovered on the street, trying to get people to speak to him, asking again whether they felt guilt or shame for what they had done - there was no indication whether he was approaching defendants, witnesses or members of the jury.

Then the police stepped in and nicked him - they said breach of the peace at first, and he asked for a solicitor, and then the camera cut off.

It doesn't seem that complex to me.

• OK ,THE VIDEO BELOW IS A RELIGIOUS CRISTIAN GROUP CALLED BRITAIN FIRST ,SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY MARCH THROUGH THE HEART OF THE ASIAN COMMUNITY ,WHERE I LIVE ,LUTON TOWN (BURY PARK ) NOT RELATED TO TOMMY ROBINSON , BUT THE SAME TOWN TOMMY CAME FROM AND PLYED HIS TRADE ,,, MAKE UP YOUR OWN MINDS

• All I can see of the Britain first lot as have seen a lot of their vids to gain some better understanding is a bunch of hateful vitriolic reactionaries who are quite happy to go out and incite reactions, quite often violent, and then claim their right to march/protest has been stamped on by the authorities. Groups like them and they way they go about it and the types they attract do not help matters in the slightest. Jayden whatever her name is probably no more christian thtan I am the pope, she's got a vile mouth on her. I fully understand why you popped the vid up Marcco to highlight a point, but the way she is so obviously shoving her opinions in peoples faces to provoke a reaction on purpose is blatantly obvious, and a reaction she got. Years ago when in whatever area we may have been parked up in, people would kick up a stink, traveller scum, dont want you here, throwing threats out there, trying to incite a reaction, a reaction they got, when your being faced with a bunch of people that just do not like you for what and who you are and get all huffy and threatening about it, it is hard to sit back and let it wash over you. They didnt care or give a thought that we were there to pick fruit and veg on farms so they could have their punnet of strawberries on the shelves etc.

• this part of town also has a large mosque , which emmits long periods of chanting from loud speakers ,which can be heard for half a mile in all directions ,we have to accept it into our lives as the norm ,however ,you walk down the road with a wooden cross in your own christain country ,it seem to be unaceptable ,by the local asians ,who seem to expect us to accept them and there religon ,but at the same time dont want to accept the christain faith ,and while they seen very territorial ,and hellbent on proctecting what seems to be a territory that they seemed to have claimed for themselves .i dont want to sound rasist ,but these people are the ultimate capitalists ,who see nothing better than capitalising on western values and culture ,for example , the taxi drivers ,charge double time when its christmas ,easter or new year ,yet they do not charge extra ,when it is eede or rammadam ,talking sticking together and looking after your own kind HHHmmmmm???.How can a race or religous group ,act like this ,when a bunch of christians walk down the street ,promoting christianity .when these people ,were actually born here ,but there parents were not ,and are actually natives ,seems like they come here ,but cannot accept ,our christianity ,but expect us to exept there faiths ,like the guy openly said in the video "its our town and we are taking over ", that is there general atitude ,wether provoked or not

• i dont want to sound rasist ,but these people are the ultimate capitalists ,who see nothing better than capitalising on western values and culture ,for example , the taxi drivers ,charge double time when its christmas ,easter or new year ,yet they do not charge extra ,when it is eede or rammadam ,talking sticking together and looking after your own kind HHHmmmmm???

As a country with a Christian majority (I use this term loosely) it wouldn't make any sense to charge extra at Ramadan or Eid.

As for the rest, well everyone who works in the cab industry capitalises on New Year (not a religious holiday) and Christmas (never mentioned in the bible). I was a chauffeur for 5 years and a minicab driver for a year after that, and of course I'd capitalise, and so would anyone else - if you have to pay bills it would be insane not to.

Apart from that, cab offices often charge double radio rent over the holiday period, and you don't get a discount for your religion.

• a festive period is a festive period , christmas or rammadam ,asians taxi drivers charge us double for our festive periods ,whilst they charge there own kind ,no extra for there festivities ,they stick together united ,strengh in numbers ,look after there own kind , get everything there own way ,and have no tolerance ,of people from different cultures or beliefs ,for example ,in the town where i live ,in asian area ,there was a group of polish lads drinking cans of beer in a small park area on a park bench , the asians took the law into there own hands ,and forced the polish ,to move on ,this is proof of there intolerance of alcahol or western culture

• tommy robinson in luton town ,cannot walk down the high street ,either in the asian area or the town center ,without being set upon ,abused or attacked or assaulted , the EDL used to use one of the pubs in town for meetings , and for numorous years the pub was targeted by asian gangs on a regular basis ,having the windows smashed and vandalised ,the pub has now been demolished

• If I witnessed this kind of behaviour in my neighbourhood I would be driven to expose it and fight the injustice of these Muslim patrols and no doubt I would face police harassment or intimidation for my actions, no matter how peaceful My actions were.

Tommy Robinson has been harassed and victimised by the agents of our government for many years, whilst trying to silence him and remove him from society with jumped up police charges and intimidation.

Giving him a custodial sentence and placing a gagging order on the press (a media ban) is what we expect from the USSR.

Yes he is guilty of breaching a court order. Why a media ban anyway? To protect the accused? To cover up our governments failing of vulnerable young British girls? Another can of worms.?

If his own life is now in danger due to the extremist views of incarcerated individuals , then we will all have his blood on our hands if we stay silent and the worst should happen.

• If I witnessed this kind of behaviour in my neighbourhood I would be driven to expose it and fight the injustice of these Muslim patrols and no doubt I would face police harassment or intimidation for my actions, no matter how peaceful My actions were.

This was a few years ago not far from here - the few guys involved were later arrested, charged and imprisoned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…Conviction_and_sentencing

• This was a few years ago not far from here - the few guys involved were later arrested, charged and imprisoned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…Conviction_and_sentencing

yes I have been researching Tommy’s journey and events in London along his way. 5 arrested?

If that had happened in middle England, shotguns would have come out. Strikes me folk remain blinkered in the big smoke’s and reluctant to confront bullying.

Those Patrols reminded me of the Hells Angles weekend takeover of the Stonehenge festival 1983?

• strict religous beliefs ,and religion ,causes intolerance ,of those of a differnt faith ,and the more strict your religion the less those people can accept other faiths ,look at isreal , i think thats all i need to say