House of Lords blocks Brexit

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

• hi am a bit new to this but the problem in the uk is to many 60 plus brexet and to many uni useless degrees nobody wants to or expects work for minimum wage and why the hell did we have the referendum in the first place its just tore the uk in half

Hey there....Hi !

Might as well say your bit....no one else knows what they are talking about when it comes to brexit either.

I was/am against brexit but am finding increasing areas of it that might rock the status quo a little.....which does interest me for now.....so in that sense I'm for it and the harder the better as far as I can tell.

• hi am a bit new to this but the problem in the uk is to many 60 plus brexet and to many uni useless degrees nobody wants to or expects work for minimum wage and why the hell did we have the referendum in the first place its just tore the uk in half

Because the low hanging fruit has always been and will always be to blame the foreigners for everything. It has always worked wonders and always will. Amen!

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• They are unelected. However “out of touch” ~ they are considered to be a compilation of minds with all sorts of backgrounds and experiences. A investment in knowledge pays the highest interest.

We all know those with the best intentions are only human and as such, weak and self serving at times. Thus often finding they are ‘in over their heads” only to just blag it when they get bored or out their depth. . At which time they should move on.

• The House of Lords couldn't stop Brexit if they wanted. The UK officially notified the EU the intention of leaving the Union. If in the meantime no agreement is reached, a hard Brexit will happen. If an agreement is reached, something slightly different from a hard Brexit will happen. But the Parliament cannot stop Brexit. It could have stopped the PM from declaring the intention to leave but this did not happen.

Anybody who perpetuates this fake news that a UK institution can stop Brexit is either a moron or someone who is paid to fool morons.

• Time to put this shit to bed now. We voted out so lets just get on with it. If we weren't such a fuckin cash cow to Europe, they wouldn't still be trying to get us to change our minds. The vote has been cast, now stop fuckin around and crack on!

• This shit doesn't sleep.

Some voted out and some voted in.

You can't nullify the social and psychological conflict by claiming that our pseudo democracy should be accepted by all just because the discussion riles you.

People are individuals remember and as such anarchy is the concept within which we should reset our self's in these technologically advanced times.

And so it continues...

• People are individuals remember and as such anarchy is the concept within which we should reset our self's in these technologically advanced times.

And so it continues..

It was anarchy on the part of the general public, particularly the more hard-up radical ones, that achieved the Brexit vote in the first place.

Having spoken with quite a number of the less-well-off before and after Brexit, I found their general attitude to voting out was more a desire to 'get back' at the bastards in charge (including the EU) than any pragmatic and considered reasoning. I don't blame them at all; they'd had enough.

• My only gripe is that we should have had the chance to vote out while we still had some actual industry left. Its like playing poker with no chips now, all our bargaining power ie all our manufacturing and mining industries have been either razed to the ground or sold abroad.

It's going to be an uphill struggle now, we cant build an economy by pushing bits of fuckin paper from one building to another we need to have some home produced products.

What's the point argueing about the type of marketplace when you dont have anything to sell?.....

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• We have something special. Something our brothers, sisters and parents have been investing in, our governments shaping and to some extent “protecting”.

We all knew “a future” will be upon us! Coal is still locked in the ground. Gas drained and oil depleted. We are several years into solar/wind energy production, but not sufficient. Energy stable we are not.

We have built a substantial transport infrastructure (its workable)

Now we are in first place with farming technology/science and ability. Our land although in private hands is in prime condition to grow food and remain sympathetic to our environment.

The U.K. has many attributes and our world has changed, maybe this could be the kick up the arse we all need to think about what we consume, where it comes from, what it actually costs.

I watched a farming documentary. This farmer hasn’t planted potatoes this year on his farm. First time in 4 generations 150 years of family farming history. He explained that the Country needs X 4.5 million tons of potatoes and the year he last grew spuds, the Country produced 4.6million tons. The price of spuds fell. The profit just wasn’t in it. He battles with nature (weather) every year.

Same farmer~

Grass for his dairy cows = say 40 kilo of grass per day per cow. milk yield =27 litres per day per cow. Price fixed (supermarkets) He improves his grass field yield = growing better grass and more grass per hectare.

His profit margin increases.

Better management of what we have and what we really need agricultural/forestry/transport/ Housing/industry/energy/basically everything, will help us get through this mess and put us on a road to recovery and growth.

Are we really as fked as some folk would have us believe?