Making Up

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• My philosophy for this site is the same as it's always been, which means most people will get the hump with me at some point -- but I'm not trying to be anyone's enemy, and that includes the times when we clash or I lose my shit, or go all human or fail to keep everyone happy or whatever.

I'm not going to say more on this until after I've eaten, and right now I intend to consume my entire body weight in noodles. :cool:

• Yes , get the hump with you and asking for money and been an arrogant twat , Byeeee

It was insults far worse than that which got you a temporary ban - considering the other fake accounts you used to try to circumvent this ban, I really should have made it permanent at the start.

You are no longer welcome on this website - and if trying to run and pay for an otherwise great forum (with people like you trying to ruin it) makes me arrogant, then so be it.

Oh, and for the sake of anyone watching, this is an extract from the deleted post that got you a one month ban - I can produce screenshots too if necessary.

• Im Muddled OK Which I Know Is Not Hard HAHAHAHA ...

But What Is "Both Sites" Making Up Meaning ? Thanks

A row broke out in a thread concerning someone I know outside of this forum. The thread got quite heated (from all sides including me). I closed the thread and in strong language asked people to "leave me alone".

I handed out 4 temporary bans when people ignored my request and started following me around the forum with insults of various strength. Most people were banned for a week, but the longest ban was Ma Bungo who was banned or a month; she used her/his partner's account to try to get around the ban - and then created another fake account not long after. (although i'm not sure whether she was a he or what - but sharing and swapping memberships was always forbidden to avoid confusing other members).

The following link is what I wrote after realising that a few people had formed a breakaway website on a freebie platform and were using it to slate me.

Breakaway! (edited and updated)

While there have been a few breakaway sites form since this forum began, I'm not going to have my efforts used as a free adverts repository; the rules on self-promotion have always been clear, as has behaviour that disrupts the functioning of this website.

• Now, if people wish to draw a line and move on, then I'm happy to do so -- and I'll say no more on The subject and we can carry on as before and I'll do my best to support this community with the skills that I have.

Anything elsewhere, well that is out of my hands - I'd rather not have to deal with this, but what people do away from here is none of my business. Disappointing perhaps, but out of my hands unless they bring it on here with the intention of making things harder.

I will leave this thread open, but I've got my eye on it and am not willing to have anyone else disrupting this website or trying to ruin attempts to resolve this in a civil manner.

• Whilst tripping on mushroom tea at my 18th birthday party. A mate gave me a packet of grow your own hippy seeds. On the front of the seed packet was a beautiful hippy chick walking barefoot along the shoreline of a topical bay. I should see if the seeds are still viable and try to grow some more hippies. :rtfm:

• OK. This may be my last post on here, as firstly, without throwing any insults, I was banned for opening my own UK Hippies forum, and I only recently noticed I was no longer banned.

Contrary to paul's statement, it wasn't opened exclusively for slagging him off.

The members, who are also members here, enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and they are enjoying their time there.

They still post here, it's a free country and nowhere does it say you must be a member of only one forum.

I notice Paul has removed the link to my UK Hippies Forum he put up himself, so he must have some concern about members migrating.

So, if anybody was wondering where I was, that's it.

There's no point in my hanging around now, as most of the forum has been withdrawn from me, so it's quite clear I'm not welcome.

Aside from this, I don't really care to add content to this forum and attract traffic by doing it.

Oh, and if Paul finally makes good on the threat of closing this forum, come and find me. I'm running the UK Hippies Forum.

• I was banned for opening my own UK Hippies forum

I banned people for a week for refusing to leave an issue alone when requested. This is something that has always been a rule on here and people chose to ignore it.

Trying to keep an argument going after a thread was closed is not allowed and never has been allowed. However, you only got a week because you weren't really insulting me, you were just a bit sarcastic and refused to let it go.

Bear in mind that there's always been a rule banning any behaviour that"interferes with or sabotages the proper running of this website"

I deliberated before banning you, but spamming people a link to your sour grapes club was a step too far - and it was still only a week.

Contrary to paul's statement, it wasn't opened exclusively for slagging him off

I never said it was; I said it was being used to insult me - I'm fully aware it wasn't its sole purpose. I'm really not the egomaniac you think I am.

I notice Paul has removed the link to my UK Hippies Forum he put up himself, so he must have some concern about members migrating.

The link was originally put up because I knew people were spamming the forum - someone reported a message to me and I reacted according in what I believed was right at the time.

On taking a look at your site I noticed threads about mailing campaigns etc. and on here a couple of people altering their signatures, user titles etc. I don't have access to PMs, so in order to prevent more spam I decided on a complete block.

I've spent twelve years working on this site; I won't have my efforts undermined by a handful of people with an axe to grind.

most of the forum has been withdrawn from me, so it's quite clear I'm not welcome.

I've restricted your ability to send private messages as you have been threatening to spam people's inboxes - some other features have been restricted, but you can still take part as you have just done so.

I'll restore all your abilities back to normal when I'm convinced that you no longer have malicious intentions towards me or this website.

Oh, and if Paul finally makes good on the threat of closing this forum, come and find me. I'm running the UK Hippies Forum.

I've always said that, should this forum close, I will not abandon anyone and will always make sure people can stay in touch - I don't need you to assign yourself into that role as I take my responsibilities seriously.

Also, a couple of months ago I updated the "6 months to shake up this site" thread to state I would not close it.

The nearest that has come to changing has been in the last couple of weeks when you and a handful of others have set about trying to undermine me - almost like you're willing it to close.

-----

Finally, you keep misquoting and misrepresenting my words; this is also something going back to the day you were banned when you posted about how "I didn't like you" - something I never said to you; you took my words out of context and continue to take my words out of context.

If you really need to criticise then at least do it quoting what I actually said, rather than what you believe or want people to think I said.

=====================

As I said before, I'm willing to draw a line and move on -- but because this thread is not conducive to that; if anything it's acting as a platform for people who want to keep digging at me. I kinda think it's run its course.

No follow ups please - the only way to move on is to move on; as far as I'm concerned this drama is finished.