CUNTISH THINGS ?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• As a woman,I find it offensive.I'm curious to know,if men use the word,do they respect women?

My personal interpretation is that this highest expletive has lost context when expressed man to man or woman to woman or woman to man.

The main troubles come if it is expressed man to woman..

You could call me a cunt and it might ruffle a few feathers but if I were to call you a cunt it could be blown out of proportion.

• I was brought up to regard swearing as a poor substitute for the right word or phrase and nothing turns me off a person more than the constant use of bad language, to me it shows immaturity and lack of respect for the person you are talking to.

Me too! As in not swearing. I never swore in front of Mummy. If i did, which was maybe 3 times in her life, i always apologised.

Sometimes i swear in front of Daddy, but he's deaf so it doesn't matter!

We all don't like, or agree, to lots of things, whether it's language, mannerisms, or eating corpses!

Swearing has nothing to do with immaturity, unless the said swearers are immature!

Admittedly, swearing can be a precursor to violence, or a ticket to delight.

• Get your drift definitely Harry ... I was also brought up to believe that was the truth, but the older I get, I feel less and less inclined to conform, as so many of the moral constraints we're hemmed about with are to do with control and power. Also, using complex and extravagant language can put a lot of people off even listening to you, 'cause they can think you're trying to be a clever dick. A swift "bollocks" can be quite useful on occasion :o)

Being a natural rebel and rule breaker and getting towards the end of my life, I find moral indignation more difficult to put up with, it tends to make me even more "potty mouthed" as an act of resistance.

I was particularly aggrieved to read in an NHS textbook, that breaking words into halves and putting them back together in new and random ways to extend and explore the language and break out of endless repetitive small talk can been considered an example of possible schizophrenic and other behavioural disorder and possible mental illness.

The mainstream culture has never been keen on creative thinking and pushing boundaries to try find better ways of communicating often difficult and ground breaking concepts and descriptions.

Why is "cunt" any worse than "dick" or "knob" or even "twat" for that matter, looks a bit like sexism to me - might not use the word in front of a maiden aunt at Sunday teatime, but that's not the forum here at UKH I don't think anyway :o)

• Hello Jenn, it's a pleasure to meet you ?

Your post was a pleasure to read.

• You're right matey!

Everything is controversial if it goes against what we personally think, or what the 'slinkers' say on the copycat site!

Are you just here gathering 'intel'? :D

Im not a" slinker" whatever that is.I think Vanwoman just wanted her neighbours thread independent ,then there was a mutiny and others jumped ship?I missed the fox thread and cannot locate it now.I go back and forth, as where others are located makes no difference to how i get to chat with others there.Does that make me a" double dealing sneaky part time slinker"?There are probably lots of persons from this site who have an alias ...over there8).I am sad that its got to chucking poo over the divide at each other.What will happen at Dovedale?Will there be a high wire segregation fence with opposing scowling?A moat twixt the two ,or a Ravendale camp across the valley.?Something i learned a long time ago was dont burn bridges.All these poo laden burnt bridges.?United we stand divide we fall...who said that?.As for cunt .it means vagina.People use dickhead often which is the opposite.All these words are daft if you think about it.

• Im not a" slinker" whatever that is.I think Vanwoman just wanted her neighbours thread independent ,then there was a mutiny and others jumped ship?I missed the fox thread and cannot locate it now.I go back and forth, as where others are located makes no difference to how i get to chat with others there.Does that make me a" double dealing sneaky part time slinker"?There are probably lots of persons from this site who have an alias ...over there8).I am sad that its got to chucking poo over the divide at each other.What will happen at Dovedale?Will there be a high wire segregation fence with opposing scowling?A moat twixt the two ,or a Ravendale camp across the valley.?Something i learned a long time ago was dont burn bridges.All these poo laden burnt bridges.?United we stand divide we fall...who said that?.As for cunt .it means vagina.People use dickhead often which is the opposite.All these words are daft if you think about it.

I'm with you on this one Cricket, Lots of people seem to be using both sites. It's sad that some folks seem to want to make us choose sides. My business who I talk to and where, nobody else's. I aim to be at Dovedale this year, been looking forward to it, but it's definitely gonna be tainted if there ends up being a "pick a side" vibe going down. Lets hope it doesn't happen that way, I just want to meet good people and enjoy making them my new friends. I refuse to be told who I can be buddies with, or feel bad for the choices I make.

• Me too

I was brought up the same with regard to swearing WG....but I distinctly remember the odd expletive or, even more pleasing as a child, string of expletives coming from the mouthes of my elders?

Me too.We never swore as such.Bugger off...that was the worst i heard and remember.We never knew what it meant,but got a whack for using it which gave it much street cred.:)

• Of course they're daft! Everything that's happening is daft!

I remember the neighbours thread, though i never commented on it; why should i? I read it but was bored.

The fox thread is probably best forgotten. It started off fine, then degenerated into 'i love my animal pets, and eat the rest', versus 'i love animals'!

It didn't work.

The self righteous Vegans fucking ruined it!

• the c word is one word which i seldom if ever use, I find it very offensive and if used at me the person concerned is liable to have a broken nose, call me anything else am not bothered

My older brother is the same Harry. I’ve seen him drop kick one of his mates for using the c word towards him. I don’t get offended neither by saying it and meaning it or hearing it, even if it’s directed at me, solong as I feel it’s justified. Sometimes I’m a c**t but in the best possible taste. :D

• The last line of your post may turn out to be more inflammatory than the word cunt.Is your travel wagon armoured?God is a vegan.Youve done it now.See you part time on the slinkers dark side?.:D

The last line is the truth - to the corpse crunchers,- and the word 'cunt' can fit quite nicely anywhere!

My travel wagon has no need for armour.

God would be a cunt if he was real, and i always do it. ?

No, to the part time slinker scenario! Have you seen it?

• The last line is the truth - to the corpse crunchers,- and the word 'cunt' can fit quite nicely anywhere!

My travel wagon has no need for armour.

God would be a cunt if he was real, and i always do it. ?

No, to the part time slinker scenario! Have you seen it?

god is real he is paul :Dand paul is a vegan.Yes of course i have been to see lovelys on the other side.Makes no difference to me where nice persons are.Corpse cruncher is a good term.I trust your vehicle is not an environment cruncher?All beings need a clean environment.:)

• god is real he is paul :Dand paul is a vegan.Yes of course i have been to see lovelys on the other side.Makes no difference to me where nice persons are.Corpse cruncher is a good term.I trust your vehicle is not an environment cruncher?All beings need a clean environment.:)

It's a van Cricket! I'm quite sure it's something to complain about, absofuckinlutely!

I also walk on grass and make it scream!

• Some of us decided we didn’t like the company we were keeping after the fox thread highlighted some people’s rather unpleasant true natures, it had nothing to do with a vegan fox or vegans in general, that was just a catalyst. Discontent had been boiling up for some time. I know I just want to enjoy life, have a laugh, help and be helped by others.

This thread seems to exist for one reason only, to stir up more shit, to reignite conflict, increase hatred and malice.

That it is the third thread with the same intent from the same person since the vegan fox one got deleted.

Sadly, this site is no longer something I want to be part of if this kind of behaviour is not only tolerated, but encouraged. Not all of us want unnecessary meanness, conflict and bile in our lives.

• It's a van Cricket! I'm quite sure it's something to complain about, absofuckinlutely!

I also walk on grass and make it scream!

When walking on the grass You may be killing or hurting some of our insect friends that are an integral part of the ecosytem as you will when squashing them on your windscreen whilst driving on roads built from materials coming from quarries that have been responsible for the deaths and loss of habitat for many species of Birds and animals whilst depriving the world of its fossil fuels and polluting the air and creating acid rain thats killing the fish,and thats just the first few things that come to my mind.

When you start calling people corpse crunchers and using your swear words you are just making yourself come across as a foul mouthed hypocrite and will become more unliked because of it.

Be what you want to be , but the way you are trying to make any meat eaters look bad is just making you look foolish.

• I'm actually genuinely surprised by some vegan's attitude towards Omni's.I always assumed (Wrongly obviously)that as Vegan's care alot about animal's welfare,they'd be kind hearted souls,with a more gentler nature.I'm not having a go at anyone in particular here,its just an observation/assumption I had.Its opened my eye's for sure!

I was watching "New Lives In The Sun"a few weeks back,and a british couple have just opened a vegan restaurant,and after abit of a shaky start,its becoming very popular,to the point of them having to increase their opening hours.They haven't pushed the vegan ethos,just allowed people with a genuine curiosity to come in and try for themselves.I like that approach myself.Let the food do the talking! I think people in general fair much better with "new"idea's,if they are permitted to engage in a more gentler curious type approach.

If I were invited to a friends place for dinner,and I remarked after the meal,that it was delicious,and the friend informed me it was a vegan meal?I would find that totally impressive.It would spurn a curiosity within me.If the same happened,and then the friend lectured/insulted my own diet,it would have the opposite effect.

This is the cafe/restaurant in Spain.....reviews look good!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/…te_Valencian_Country.html

• This thread exists simply to have a bit of fun. You don't know what that is, do you?

I assume this will be your last post, on a site you no longer want to be a part of?

Toodlepip then!

• I'm actually genuinely surprised by some vegan's attitude towards Omni's.I always assumed (Wrongly obviously)that as Vegan's care alot about animal's welfare,they'd be kind hearted souls,with a more gentler nature.I'm not having a go at anyone in particular here,its just an observation/assumption I had.Its opened my eye's for sure!

I was watching "New Lives In The Sun"a few weeks back,and a british couple have just opened a vegan restaurant,and after abit of a shaky start,its becoming very popular,to the point of them having to increase their opening hours.They haven't pushed the vegan ethos,just allowed people with a genuine curiosity to come in and try for themselves.I like that approach myself.Let the food do the talking! I think people in general fair much better with "new"idea's,if they are permitted to engage in a more gentler curious type approach.

If I were invited to a friends place for dinner,and I remarked after the meal,that it was delicious,and the friend informed me it was a vegan meal?I would find that totally impressive.It would spurn a curiosity within me.If the same happened,and then the friend lectured/insulted my own diet,it would have the opposite effect.

This is the cafe/restaurant in Spain.....reviews look good!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/…te_Valencian_Country.html

Some Vegans attitude? I wonder who that is? :D

I think having a Vegan restaurant IS pushing the Vegan ethos a bit! Don't you think?

I'm Vegan because i love animals, not because i love humans.

My eyes have been opened too, believe me!

• Life is full of interesting assumptions about which path holds the least resistances.

No one goes through life deliberately seeking out ways to hurt something or someone each and everyday. Mostly we strive to undertake what we are encouraged to do morally and ethically, in both work, rest and play.

Interesting that vegans somehow feel a need to be superior over vegetarians, and those superior over meat eaters. Very few of these superior humans are vets, wildlife rescuers, animal carers, scientists or do the slightest thing in the real wild environment to safeguard animal species. Except possibly subscribe/donate a few quid a year to animal rights/conservation/action groups/ campaigns. Where many of those campaign workers are indeed meat eaters.

Many vegans and vegetarians choose that diet for reasons totally different to that of animal abuse and animal exploitation issues.

I’ve always thought that it is a Buddhist who has the moral high ground. The ones not taking or harming a life. Being tolerant and respectful to all life and life forms.

With this view of our fellow Buddhists in mind, I was shocked several years ago to see Buddhist armed with high powered rifles in urban conflict, (C**ts).

The words “thou shall not kill” are no more than written txt/words spoken frequently, but are seldom adhered to in general. Luckily many humans won’t have to kill a thing to survive. Those that do, often show more respect towards the life,/victim, than the vegan who swots a fly does towards the fly.

However taking this “Thou shall not kill” to the extreme, becomes a problem when bacteria is involved.

Take time out from considering a world full of c**ts and the c**tish things we humans are capable of doing morally and watch this clip about Buddhist taking “thou shall not kill to the extreme”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1a6iZcQLEg

• When walking on the grass You may be killing or hurting some of our insect friends that are an integral part of the ecosytem as you will when squashing them on your windscrean whilst driving on roads built from materials coming from quarries that have been responsible for the deaths and loss of habitat for many species of Birds and animals whilst depriving the world of its fossil fuels and polluting the air and creating acid rain thats killing the fish,and thats just the first few things that come to my mind.

When you starty calling people corpse crunchers and using your swear words you are just making yourself come across as a foul mouthed hypocrite and will become more unliked because of it.

Be what you want to be , but the way you are trying to make any meat eaters look bad is just making you look foolish.

Being 'liked' has never been a top priority of mine during my long and happy life, and i'm certainly not going to start now!

The Clique of The Corpse Crunchers. It's got a ring to it.

• Being 'liked' has never been a top priority of mine during my long and happy life, and i'm certainly not going to start now!

The Clique of The Corpse Crunchers. It's got a ring to it.

I can see that,in fact it would appear that being disliked is a far greater priority for you !!

You would appear not to care much for respect for other people either yet choose to spend your time on a public forum

• It would be a shame if the demise of UKhippy was brought about because of rude, intolerant behaviour from a few vegans. When all others are governed by the said “rule book” it would be unfavourable to hide behind the skirt of the “string puller” to vent vile. We all have to be tolerant and if anyone of us were to target vegans with such derogatory name calling, we would be shown the door. Instead, many members are now looking for the door ourselves. A level playing field with a slope towards a ideology many members don’t follow, although are generally respectful of.

You can do more harm for a good cause by saying too much. Much has been said. Where is the good in that?

• Some Vegans attitude? I wonder who that is? :D

I think having a Vegan restaurant IS pushing the Vegan ethos a bit! Don't you think?

I'm Vegan because i love animals, not because i love humans.

My eyes have been opened too, believe me!

Yes they're pushing it in a non pressured healthy way CG!They're allowing their food to do the talking.Can you imagine them trying to promote their business,walking outside of it,placards with derogatory comments written on them aimed at corpse crunchers?I think tbh,the average vegan would find it offensive,let alone omni's.

I am curious though,why not just be a vegan "quietly"?Does it really matter what anyone else is eating?

I gave up smoking 2 yrs ago.How do you think I'd fair if I kept tapping smokers on the shoulder and hitting them with a guilt trip?They'd probably get defensive and tell me to piss off.Can't say I'd blame them either.Maybe I'm diff,but I prefer to go about my business quietly.People at work noticed I was'nt heading outside in my break for a cig.Yes they asked me why,I told them I'd quit.No guilt trips.Support yes if asked and requested,apart from that....quietness.