Everything is in God, and God is in everything

• Them pesky scientists have discovered many types of energy , all measurable ,quantifiable and following the laws of physics....

To believe that there is another special energy based on superstition ,because it cannot be detected or measured does not add to the 'mystery' for me , it just makes me think its less credible.

• The Energy of Disappointment.

I remember when Princess Diana died. Our dog, Rusty got all weird on the day of the funeral (so it was the public grief that got her not Di's death). She came into the living room, where she isn't allowed. But because she was so distressed we allowed her. She went into the corner of the room, whining and quietly squeeking, shaking a bit and her body forming a curled up catterpillar shape, as though she was trying to disappear.

We really didn't understand it any other way than her picking up on 'something in the air'.

I remember seeing a documentary saying there have been electiricy surges (at the plants?) when emotionally-charged public events happen. People just can't contain themselves.

• To believe that there is another special energy based on superstition ,because it cannot be detected or measured does not add to the 'mystery' for me , it just makes me think its less credible.

Don't forget that only three hundred years ago, most forms of energy which are now regarded as commonplace, were completely unknown. Nobody is basing anything on superstition here, we are looking at philosophical possibilities.

Do not limit your mind to the present state of knowledge; we would still have the church in charge of the state if we had not had scientists who wanted to push further than they were allowed to.

• The Energy of Disappointment.

I remember when Princess Diana died. Our dog, Rusty got all weird on the day of the funeral ...

My dog was fine...

People will believe whatever makes them comfortable

Don’t ever be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being just like everyone else

• Don't forget that only three hundred years ago, most forms of energy which are now regarded as commonplace, were completely unknown. Nobody is basing anything on superstition here, we are looking at philosophical possibilities.

Do not limit your mind to the present state of knowledge; we would still have the church in charge of the state if we had not had scientists who wanted to push further than they were allowed to.

An ex partner upon a heavy-ish discussion one was really pushing the do not limit the mind to the present state of knowldge aspect which also encomapssed energy forms, fields of resonation of various energies including particles/molecules and their rates of resonation which goes a way to creating form. so for instant, a wooden door, you touch/slap/punch it,

it appeares solid, but on a molecular level it isnt. as science now knows, it will be made up of an undeterminable amount of individual particles/molecules etc that are all interconnected to create the form that is wood, so the discusstion goes onto the endless possibilities of humans learning and tapping in to the deeper aspects of the resonation/vibrational values and levels of a human, going by her train of thought of endless possibilities, if we could alter our levels of resonation/vibrational levels and tune into the same levels of molecules/particles of other things, say a piece of wood, if we then matched it, her train of thought was we then should be able to put our hand through the piece of wood. Now wouldnt that be an interesting concept of endless possibilites.

• My small brain struggles to understand the concept of happy , sad or dissapointed with death , its just ...er .... being dead.

The planet is billions of years old and the universe considerably older where were you prior to your birth? , because thats how I imagine being dead.

Thats what I say to those in fear of death.It is simply returning from whence you came .

• "The planet is billions of years old and the universe considerably older where were you prior to your birth? , because thats how I imagine being dead." Shroom

I can't imagine being dead. I can't even imagine being asleep. And when I sleep I always wake up. I can only imagine being alive. Consciousness is the absolute sum total of my living experience. Death is outside of that. I don't even believe it exists in any real sense. But it's all a weird paradox the more you think about it. Perhaps we do just * End *. I find void a difficult concept.

Magicians pretend to make things disappear. We know through philosophy and applied science that things change. Accounts of things disappearing, when analysed are deceptive. Life is one of the most precious things, it's 'invisible', we don't know truly what it is, where it comes from . . . but some assume this most precious thing can disappear, just like that.

That's why I believe life is eternal (but I've always believed it in my gut anyway). And it's not really a protective thing. My life hasn't always been good. I don't fear death, I have some curiosity and of course I'd be nervous at its imminent approach. As Emo quoted, his father's last words: Yikes! A truck!.

I know what you mean Shroom and cricket - there is something to be said for accepting death for 'what it is', and not endlessy discussing it - bit I've always been interested and in a way, it is part of what makes life what it is. Thanks for liking my starsoul thing cricket - a lot of people look at me weird when I go on like that.

• An interesting train of thought there, wizard.

We - some friends and myself - have often had long and wandering discussions on these subjects. Usually it gets more possible as the evening goes on, especially if the beer is good.:) 

Such discussions are usually sparked by some OTT book or article someone has been reading. But other times someone who has had scientific or medical training brings them up, and then you kind of realise we are on human frontier territory here.

I am reminded of Jules Verne saying: "What one human is able to imagine, other humans will be able to do."

• Oh, and the missing link is Hermes Trismegistus' - As above so below, meaning that if you find a truism in the bigger things, it's logical to apply it to other things.

That's why I mentioned that thing about we have no real evidence of true disappearing (only things changing). Applying Hermes' idea, many then went on to conject: So, life as well doesn't disappear? It just changes.

• Oh, and the missing link is Hermes Trismegistus' - As above so below, meaning that if you find a truism in the bigger things, it's logical to apply it to other things.

That's why I mentioned that thing about we have no real evidence of true disappearing (only things changing). Applying Hermes' idea, many then went on to conject: So, life as well doesn't disappear? It just changes.

Except when it applies to Hermes the courier company, tey dont just change parcles, they truly can make them dissappear, in that I mean something that never ever gets to where it should be.

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• An interesting train of thought there, wizard.

We - some friends and myself - have often had long and wandering discussions on these subjects. Usually it gets more possible as the evening goes on, especially if the beer is good.:) 

Such discussions are usually sparked by some OTT book or article someone has been reading. But other times someone who has had scientific or medical training brings them up, and then you kind of realise we are on human frontier territory here.

I am reminded of Jules Verne saying: "What one human is able to imagine, other humans will be able to do."

Well, as long as someone who may be able to achieve a vibrational level enough to put their arm through a wooden door and long enough to keep it up so as to be able to remove a hand or arm from a solid object, if you lost the levels mid flow then they would be err attached, they'd have to get someone to cut the door up to be able to get their arm out, so the advice to a practitioner hoping to do this, do it to something that will be relatively easy to have removed. Imagine matching the vibrational levels of another human, enough to put your arm through them as if it was a hologram.

• When I worked as an archaeologist I excavated hundreds of burials, dating from the Iron through to the late 19th century. Every time I would wonder who that person was, their name and what gods/goddess they hoped to meet at the end of their life. I would always apologise for disturbing their final resting place and if it was a child I'd talk them through what I was doing (in my head) because I didn't want them to be frightened. I appreciate that this makes me sound very odd but it seemed the most respectful way of treating them. My lasting impression was that there is an incredible sense of peace at the end/beginning (depending on your view point).

I really liked Cricket's point about death "It is simply returning from whence you came" and nothing to be feared.