Everything is in God, and God is in everything

• The Holographic universe explains that everything that exists is in the holograph that is God.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/our-universe-is-a-hologram

I have another link that I will provide on my other computer.

And the atom smasher in Sweden has found the "God Particle" that gives every atom its mass. Without it, nothing exists. So God is in everything. It's also called The Higgs Boson particle, after the finders of it.

https://www.americaninno.com/b…e-higgs-boson-definition/

I also have another link that I will provide from my other computer. Have fun with it. Thoughts?

• So God really does exist? :huh:

In 9 months time there is going to be a baby boom with all these God particles floating around. If you have a daughter called Mary i'd suggest wrapping her in plastic, and if you have a son called Mary, talk to God directly. This is exciting stuff.

• Well, I've fully read both links, and there's no proof of a god or gods in either of them. There's nowt in there to give even a religious person a whiff of scientific justification.

Just very involved string physics theory which, like all such theories, serves only as a possibility until the next one comes along....

• Makes sense that an ephemeral, omnipresent GOD would be used to describe the unknowable rules.....

Makes sense to me anyway.

So yup in that sense 'the unknowable' rules probably apply to mostly everything and "God" is easier to say than "magic".

That said "magical realism" can make for a life affirming and spiritual read without inflicting the idea that "magic" must be manifested as a personification.

• I am of the opinion that there is no magic, zendaze.

Only things that we do not understand, because any sufficiently advanced arts, crafts, or technologies are indistinguishable from our concept of magic.

The word god has connotations, cricket, so if someone calls it a 'god particle' it comes with a lot of baggage. A turnip particle might be preferable, as it comes with a great deal less.:)

• I am of the opinion that there is no magic, zendaze.

Only things that we do not understand, because any sufficiently advanced arts, crafts, or technologies are indistinguishable from our concept of magic.

The word god has connotations, cricket, so if someone calls it a 'god particle' it comes with a lot of baggage. A turnip particle might be preferable, as it comes with a great deal less.:)

There is magic, chemical,biological reactions aside, there is something...the moment you trace a finger over the face of a newborn being,the sun rise after darkness,a row of little songbird chicks dozing in the sun,the feeling when the consultant says you are clear.The small potent burst of euphoria that surges through your soul at these times.Isnt that magic?:)

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• Theres an old saying .."the lady protesteth too much" meaning ,if you dont know,that the more a person bangs on about something and making massive efforts to deny something,truth be told they actually know it,are it,believe it etc.You are actually a total softie,despite trying to give the impression you wear steel gstrings.:)

• There is magic, chemical,biological reactions aside, there is something...the moment you trace a finger over the face of a newborn being,the sun rise after darkness,a row of little songbird chicks dozing in the sun,the feeling when the consultant says you are clear.The small potent burst of euphoria that surges through your soul at these times.Isnt that magic?:)

No, that is sensory and emotional perception. Which different beings have in differing degrees. Perhaps sadly, some can look at the scenes you visualise, and get no reaction other than registering only what is there: A new kid. A sunrise. Baby birds. You may know people like that, I know I do.

• Maybe that is why there is such peace in nature and relating to the wild ones.I know too many people who seem indifferent to such feelings.That is perhaps how some humans have an ability to be so cruel to other beings.I will always believe there is more. invisible but non the less there and true.Humans like knowing,labeling and order which gives a comforting feeling of control and a quantifiable element to all when really all that needs be known is that..it is so.

We label stars,trees,other beings,when those entities care not that they are labelled by humans in their insatiable need for order, because they just are.Maybe it would be good if labels were abolished and everyone just accepted that it is so.Less labels more love,:)

• Theres an old saying .."the lady protesteth too much" meaning ,if you dont know,that the more a person bangs on about something and making massive efforts to deny something,truth be told they actually know it,are it,believe it etc.You are actually a total softie,despite trying to give the impression you wear steel gstrings.:)

^^ that's a lovely thing to say, thank you. I am a softie, especially with 4 legged animals. I don't wear steel g-strings though, only cotton or bamboo. See? I am a softie :D

• Much truth in what you say about labels, cricket. But taking a kindly view, I think we use labels to not only give order to the very strange world in which we find ourselves, but also to try to make sense of what otherwise would be seem to be chaos. But labels can be very dangerous when wrongly used, as history tells.

Human beings generally may constitute a very wide range of beings in various stages of evolved development. Perhaps not just genetically and physically, but even spiritually, if such a state exists. It would therefore follow that some would naturally be more aware of the hidden depths of things around them, might perhaps have deeper perception of simple and often natural events, and therefore 'feel' them more than others. It would also explain to some degree why some human beings can be so cruel to others, and to the world in which they find themselves.

• No, that is sensory and emotional perception. Which different beings have in differing degrees. Perhaps sadly, some can look at the scenes you visualise, and get no reaction other than registering only what is there: A new kid. A sunrise. Baby birds. You may know people like that, I know I do.

Are you talking about people who are socially clumsy and lack the right soft skills and Theory of Mind or people who are aware of what impact their behaviour has on other but don't care as long as nobody finds out?

• I am talking about the way different people can react to seeing or experiencing different things. Some seem to perceive more than others can, for whatever reason.

There are different levels of perception; some feel the atmosphere of the moment when they look at something, they may have a deep appreciation of the whole scene, which affects them as feelings.

Sometimes this is difficult to explain by logic, but it happens.

Others just see the something which is looked at in, as it were, two dimensions, and may have little or no feedback from the scene.

I am suggesting that different people have differing levels of emotional and sensory perception. This may be subject to variance from many causes.

• Others just see the something which is looked at in, as it were, two dimensions, and may have little or no feedback from the scene.

I have a quite high degree of, for want of a better expression, "dontgiveafucktness" in certain situations. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I regard myself as quite perceptive, yet sometimes i genuinely dont care. Is this saving myself the worry and stress of something that i cannot change, or something else?

If it is a case of saving myself why do i worry about trivial matters?

If only there was a simple answer....

You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.

• It depends what your "dont give a fuckedness"relates to at the time.When getting a bill it may be beneficial .However if its something someone else cares deeply about,,ie your mrs birthday,the dent in your head from the rolling pin may prove detrimental to your further evolution.^^

• I think I know what you mean, Rick, at least to some degree.

I sometimes get told about something by a friend or relative, and the thing or place or whatever is probably quite important to them, yet because it means nothing at all to me, I find myself thinking something like:

"FFS! Do I have to stand here listening to this tripe? I've got things to do, why am I hearing this stuff, I don't give a monkey's fug either way! "

I think the type of holistic perception or whatever one likes to call it, that we are talking about, differs widely in the same individual under different circumstances, as well as differing widely between individuals.

If we are focused on some worry or other, we are less likely to notice any special atmosphere about a scene, and sometimes barely register it.

Sometimes we need someone else to bring it to our attention before we see any special qualities in it. Sometimes we see it spontaneously with other people, at the same time, and there is a kind of communal 'Wow!' factor involved.

Only a year or two back, one summer's night as it was getting dark, I made my way down a back road to the garages nearby. The moon was very big and wonderfully clear and bright above the church, and I kind of slowed down to look, and stopped. At the same time a middle-aged woman came towards me out of the darkened church grounds (A regular local short-cut) and she looked up at the moon too, and stopped a few feet away. " Jeez', she said, "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yeah..." Was about all I replied, and we just stood sharing this lovely moon together, and the warm night air, and the feeling of companionship with another who also found the scene entrancing. It can only have lasted two or three minutes, yet felt endless at the time.

We eventually made to go our separate ways. She turned and smiled in the bright moonlight.

"Thanks", She said, "That was good".

"Thank you for being here..." I said rather awkwardly. We nodded and parted.

I don't know who she was, haven't knowingly ever seen her since on our estate, and probably wouldn't recognise her if I did.

But we had perhaps the same level of perception of the scene as one another, and we recognised this in each other, I guess.

It only occurred to me afterwards that we were completely unafraid of each other. Just two humans looking at the moon?

• Well, I've fully read both links, and there's no proof of a god or gods in either of them. There's nowt in there to give even a religious person a whiff of scientific justification.

Just very involved string physics theory which, like all such theories, serves only as a possibility until the next one comes along....

• Talking about oldkeiths post about labels ----I feel that ever since mankind realised conscience, it felt the need to put a name or a description to something to explain its noticeable existence, human kind built up the world to as we know it now using the very same thing. Scientists discover new things about very ancient things that go to make up our very existence and have to have words to describe what they know, and its the words and language that has been formulated over the millenia that people have learned to then feel an affinity or a connection to. like the bible, its a whole series of words to describe a far fetched theory as far as creation and the beginning of life and the earth goes, not my idea of a good theory, one job of the bible was to assuages folks fear of the unknown and death and to give an explanation of our existence, it had words that folk felt an affinity to I suppose, but they had/have no real proof, but it goes as if you give something a name it becomes real even if it is a figment of the imagination, it can be real to the person believing in what ever it is. s far as the word god goes, to me what it describes is the inner energy and conscience a human has with the ability to be its own creator, I mean, look at what humans have created on Earth. It's humans and only humans that could have created all that is here that has advanced life to the stage it is now with the help and use of the planets resouces which in a lot of cases is to our detrement.

I feel a deep perception with a lot of stuff I resonate with, If I dont resonate with something, like not feeling an attraction or something to stop me in my tracks then it kind of passes me by in a dont really care but its not an actual dont really care, it just never appeared on my radar as it were. I've come to the conclusions some things are not meant to appear within my perception or if they do, the alarm bells as in gut instinct goes off to leave well alone for whatever reason. all people have differing levels of perception and emotion, you can only measure your own levels by being around other people as we most likely unconsciously use others as markers to gauge our own state/level etc. If I hear a skylark, I will stop and be drawn in to listen to it but if a powered hand glider comes over, it has a negative effect and will tune away from. I have a deep wonderment to life nd I'm not overly wrapped on knowing such scientific words or big descriptions to understand it, things to me can be they just are, that keeps the wonderment alive because you can see a beauty in something that is beyond words, a feeling, an emotion etc, it excersises the deeper parts of the psyche and emotions that can easily get blanked by being surroinded by all the modern gagdets and tech that can weaken these deeper senses and block them off in a lot of cases, T.V is a good one, the programming from day one at school numbs the deeper senses and perceptions that we were born with to then develop naturally as we grow.

I think scientists will carry on holding sense of wonders, that is until they find the complete answer and understanding of everything ever which they seem to be looking for, to unravel every single aspect of life on earth and in space, I doubt they will, or of they do it could get very dangerous, but it will probably get very dangerous way before they get near a concluding answer. Who knows, I often wonder what life on earth holds for the future, but not in a worried way, am curious to see how things will be in a 1,000 years time if we get that far before it all ends for us.

• Nor me!

All he is doing is give Judeo-Christian religious labels to a series of theorised scientific events.

We may be aware that there are many theories of how the universe - our universe - came into being. There was the 'eternal' theory, to which he alludes briefly, there is the 'big bang' theory, which he favours in a religious context, and there is the Hindu philosophical idea of a (very long-term) constantly expanding and contracting universe, to name only a few.

Gods vary a great deal, mostly according to the beliefs of the individual holding them. I know one chap who carries his god in his pocket. Nothing wrong with that, they can't touch you for it. Some gods are apparently more nebulous, and only appear when you leave this life; others are apparently present in food and drink that one of their priests has blessed.

To even begin to look for any religious parallels in any scientific theories, you first have to define what sort of a god you are looking for.The god defined in the video is of course the traditional Judeo-Christian one, as one might expect. But there have been in the past, are at present, and will be in the future, many, many others. As many as the imaginings of people.

• This is interesting enough from the astronomical point of view, but all that is being done here is that the creation, and currently the running, of this universe is ascribed to the, again, Judeo-Christian god.

We could just as easily ascribe this universe to Rama, or Vishnu, or any other creational deity that we can think of.

There is absolutely no scientific proof here that the universe was created by any kind of god, only that some people - the people in the video - think it was.

• This is interesting enough from the astronomical point of view, but all that is being done here is that the creation, and currently the running, of this universe is ascribed to the, again, Judeo-Christian god.

We could just as easily ascribe this universe to Rama, or Vishnu, or any other creational deity that we can think of.

There is absolutely no scientific proof here that the universe was created by any kind of god, only that some people - the people in the video - think it was.

It's all the same God...what created everything....including all the different religions. The truth is in all of them....if that's what you're looking for. The "negative" is in all of them too. Everyone is like a prysm, whatever you aborbe, you reflect.

• I fully understand that whatever different religions call a god, that is not so important, to some people, as feeling that a god, some divinity, actually exists. The names are only different labels given by different cultures.

But if you look at it, the gods always reflect the human culture; because the humans came first, and invented the god as representative of their culture. So we find that warlike cultures have warlike gods, and more peaceful cultures have more peaceful gods.

The last point I was putting across is quite important:

"There is absolutely no scientific proof here that the universe was created by any kind of god, only that some people - the people in the video - think it was."

If you go deliberately looking for similarities between any different groups of ideas, you will tend to find them. But whether they are scientifically valid is a quite different matter, because validation requires proof, or at least a large body of empirical evidence. There is no proof in the video. All the people in the video are saying is that because the universe is vast and involves incredibly powerful forces, their god must have made it, because their particular book of legends tells them that he is a particularly powerful sort of god.

I have met people who believe that 'god' is in everything, from every grain of sand to every cell in the body to every atom in the stars, and all that is between. This changes god from a divinity to more of a universal force, and to humans at least, a great deal more ineffable. Such a 'god' is not friendly and supportive enough for many humans, who like to feel there must be supernatural beings like gods and angels that they can call to in times of need.