What are you currently thinking, Part VI: Return Of The Red Eye!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• We are biological organisms feeding on other biological organisms - everything here does this, and presumably always has done. It's the way the biosphere of the planet has evolved.

It only varies in degree, and as we are apparently the most intelligent creatures here, with more acute consciousness than others, we alone at present can consider and choose what or who we eat, and why....

• But why just animals? Vegetables are living things too. Why do you eat them? And trees? Trees are living but give their life so you can write etc etc etc......from a biologist.....apparently :rolleyes:

I am rolling my eyes on your behalf!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I'm thinking I wish I was better at languages.

Me too bruv!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I'm really glad my back is doing better, and I can finally sit and work on my laptop again.

**hugs the internet** I have missed you, weird friends who live in my screen. :D

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved package, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...........WOW!! What a ride!!!"

• I hope you've got your laptop on a desk or table, gal. So you can sit up pretty straight when using it.

I'm told some of my back trouble is due to using a laptop in an easy chair, crouching forward to look at it. So for now it's back to the desktop, and when the laptop gets used, it gets put on the desk.

• Theyre all in the politics and news section. Except until very recently there werent many of us here discussing anything.

Im sure if you poke the ashes a few will spring back to life :D

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :weed:

• I'm thinking why are there no active threads about Brexit or anything political? I used to like coming on here to see peoples opinions as i don't trust or watch the news...

Probably due to Censorship promoted by members of CC forum. I got fed up of being called a Nazi, racist and the likes. I just unplugged the forum Connection and found healthy radicalisation on YouTube for six months worked for me. :D

• I bailed on the canal boat forums because of political threads and horrible attitudes displayed , especially towards live aboard boaters .

I've unfollowed or left all the boating FB groups, even the one I started. Never have I met a more moany, judgemental bunch of knobs in my whole life

• I hope you've got your laptop on a desk or table, gal. So you can sit up pretty straight when using it.

I'm told some of my back trouble is due to using a laptop in an easy chair, crouching forward to look at it. So for now it's back to the desktop, and when the laptop gets used, it gets put on the desk.

It's on a tray on my lap, I don't have a desk or table to work at, I have to sit on my bed, but I have special pillows and stuff so I am sitting straight. :)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved package, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...........WOW!! What a ride!!!"

• Thinking I am fed up with life, I try to keep busy with various social groups but even that is starting to feel like a chore. If I won the lottery I would drop out of life, buy myself a castle and grump at people from the ramparts, nobody is coming across my drawbridge (unless you come with booze, decent music and comfort food).

• Thinking I am fed up with life, I try to keep busy with various social groups but even that is starting to feel like a chore. If I won the lottery I would drop out of life, buy myself a castle and grump at people from the ramparts, nobody is coming across my drawbridge (unless you come with booze, decent music and comfort food).

I've been thinking along similar lines only for me it would be remote Scottish Island and the only allowed visitors would have four legs and be covered in fur :D

• I'm thinking I keep forgetting to come here :(

I spent a long time away from “most” forums/online social groups. Never really done fb. Stopped using Messenger 8 years ago.

I’ve come to realise I don’t have a passion (at present) to spend endless hours on forums. Not allowing my time to be captured replying to stuff, frees up my energy to pursue more important/ beneficial interests.

Life’s what we make it.

• Am thinking that after five months off work travelling around the mountains that it will feel strange going back to work on monday !! Have got a few jobs lined up between now and springtime which should be enough to pay for next summers travels and freedom too :-)

First job is a couple of small dry stone walls not far north of Beziers in haut languedoc which will be an easy way back in offering job satisfaction and a few quid then following that I shall be starting to point a house for the ex wales rugby team manager in aveyron.

Am thinking that getting back to work will not be too bad and it will be nice to boost the travel funds. If diesel was free,maybe I could get away with 5 TO 6 weeks work a year,however 10 to 12 is a must until then !!

Also thinking that the nomadic life and lack of overheads is brilliant :-)

Love and light to you all xx