What are you currently thinking, Part VI: Return Of The Red Eye!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I got the OS map app on my phone. It's £23 a year, but worth every penny, coz it's got every single OS map of the country, so wherever I am I can roam. Love it!

Noice! I tend to take a picture of the section of map before I start out. Some of the landowners round here are trying hard to pretend there is no public right of way...so I like to find those paths and have a good old tramp ;)

• I love finding places I had no idea existed! It's so nice to go, "oh, there's some water, I think I'll head over there!"

I do likes my adventures these days! :pdance:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Why is it the ONE dog that'll bite your face off that gets a tick on the end of their nose? :rolleyes: Any of the other three and I could have sorted it myself. Now I'm sat waiting for a vet appointment X/

But he's so cute!!! Good luck with the vets x

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I'm thinking I should probably take part in this "Go Sober for October"

I did that for my birthday (October born) Possibly 7 years ago now & I really struggle to get alcohol down my throat these days, unless it’s in Tequila sunrise or fruit based pops/ciders.

2nd best gift I ever gave myself, & the hardest challenge I’ve yet to overcome and reverse. Each to their own. ;)

• I’m thinking I really should pay attention and read “any” instructions that come with gadgets/equipment etc.

At Dovedale I was lame, the long drive up there really played havoc with my knee. So much so, I hobbled around the camp for much of the ten days. My partner went into town on day 3 and bought me a tubular bandage and a bag of frozen peas (bless her) we were in a heatwave. :whistle:

The support from bandage really did help. Driving back just flared my knee up some more. Weeks later. It’s swollen and hurts bad. Last week I bought a knee support brace, complete with lateral metal rods in pockets down each side of the knee support.

“Instant stiffy” and the reduced movement helped to reduced the swelling temporarily. However, wearing it made driving or kneeling down impossible and really increased back pain due to poor posture.

Yesterday our little girl was very sympathetic, allowing me half hour rest here and there between playing outside with her and trying to meet her daily needs.

Today I had to make some very important phone calls and used my mate’s landline to conduct my business. My back is killing me along with shooting pains in my knee. Unable to use a chair while on the telephone. I somehow got down on the floor to use the landline phone.

Noticing a metal rod poking out of the knee brace fabric at some obscure angle. I thought I had buggered up the knee brace. Forcing the metal rod back into the brace side sleeve. I noticed it was now kinked at a 110 degree angle. Complaining about the constant worldly fk ups (that seem to follow my attempts to get through this life.) I pulled out the metal rod and discovered that it was indeed “hinged”. This must be to allow somewhat normal movement of the knee while wearing the knee brace. If this is the case I thought, why was there no “hinged movement in the opposite side knee brace rod??? My mate laughed. The two support rods had clearly been inserted (NOT by me) into the brace sleeves the wrong way round.

Now I can bend my knee while wearing the knee brace, kneel down and probably drive a vehicle and walk without a “stiffy” ;(

• Omg why do I keep agreeing to do stuff when I am this tired?

I think I'm going to book a few days next week just for sleeping!

• I run a monthly event showcasing the work of poets and songwriters, mostly local, mostly extremely good. Last month one of our regulars unusually gave a little detail publicly about some of his previous projects. He was in a band during the sixties based in a nearby town. They ended up moving to London and being managed by Robert Stigwood for a while. Several members of the band went on to make pretty big names for themselves playing in bands such as King Crimson, Bad Company, or with people like Arthur Brown and Brian Auger. My friend moved back to the area, but continued to play locally. We've been on the same programme many times.

My monthly gathering has a special showcase in a local festival next weekend and he was due to play again. I've just had a message to tell me he died earlier in the week. We were only discussing his spot a few days ago. I'll be dedicating the evening to him. Condolences to his family and feeling gutted. This is the part I hate about this getting older lark.

• Thinking about where to walk the dogs today... Did lead work round an old part of shepton mallet yesterday...amazing town all higgledy piggledy with little pathways ... Fantastic mish mash of architecture too... Think I'll go off-lead today though...find some tunnels up on mendip :o when I've worked outhow to upload pictures I'll post some.

• Post by Lightbringer ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • I'm thinking a lot of things at the moment, buy mostly I'm wishing for chocolate, more energy and to finish building my van.

• If I have to explain the difference between a cow and a carrot one more time I'm going to explode :cursing:

I feel like this warrants further explanation. Are you filming an episode of Father Ted?