What are you currently thinking, Part VI: Return Of The Red Eye!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Are you ok?

while ever Im this side of the sod, Im OK! Come to think of it, If I’m ever the underside of the sod. I’ll either be a miner again, (in which case happy as a pig in shit and well paid for my time) or commuting accross a City (to be somewhere interesting) or deceased (in which case I would not be able to answer) I’m looking forward to going to see you and jay by a river X :D

• while ever Im this side of the sod, Im OK! Come to think of it, If I’m ever the underside of the sod. I’ll either be a miner again, (in which case happy as a pig in shit and well paid for my time) or commuting accross a City (to be somewhere interesting) or deceased (in which case I would not be able to answer) I’m looking forward to going to see you and jay by a river X :D

Sounds like you need some time by a river ?

• Sounds like you need some time by a river ?

too right I am. There’s rivers all around me here, but they have Policemen on boats and if you don’t happen to have a river boat licence and therefore no insurance, they take the boat off you and leave you stranded. There’s a lot to be said for staying “up Norf” I’m buisy wiring up a bus today (well a few days) so no time to hang about. I/we will see you guys real soon enough!

• too right I am. There’s rivers all around me here, but they have Policemen on boats and if you don’t happen to have a river boat licence and therefore no insurance, they take the boat off you and leave you stranded. There’s a lot to be said for staying “up Norf” I’m buisy wiring up a bus today (well a few days) so no time to hang about. I/we will see you guys real soon enough!

You will ? I can't wait!

• I am thinking, If i hadn't decided that I would have summer off due to being made redundant, would i still be inundated with job offers? I honestly thought that i would be on the shelf until i retired? flattered that at 59 I am still in demand... my photography will have to take a backseat for a while... or, i could do a shop project... people who visit health shop portraits maybe?? hmm, now there's a thought.. !!
    Until then, i shall be washing up and making sandwiches in an italian cafe... lol

• I am thinking, If i hadn't decided that I would have summer off due to being made redundant, would i still be inundated with job offers? I honestly thought that i would be on the shelf until i retired? flattered that at 59 I am still in demand... my photography will have to take a backseat for a while... or, i could do a shop project... people who visit health shop portraits maybe?? hmm, now there's a thought.. !!
    Until then, i shall be washing up and making sandwiches in an italian cafe... lol

Just goes to show you should never write yourself off, that is wonderful! Hope you enjoy your job in Italy.

• flattered that at 59 I am still in demand... my photography will have to take a backseat for a while... or, i could do a shop project... people who visit health shop portraits maybe?? hmm, now there's a thought.. !!

you underestimate your gorgeous looks and mature, no bollox attitude to work, rest and play.

Any business would take years to develop a employee of your calibre.

Photographs of happy customers before and after. They do say we look our best when we are happy and many folk get a buzz out of shopping/spending money on themselves, so your photography could have a niche market. :thumbup:

• you know when you put summat in a safe place, so you cant just spend... well, cant find that place so been looking for the card, and found the one i lost 18 months ago.. but cant find the one i need now... I do hope it isnt another 18months before i find the one i need now... .. Thinking is making my head spin in concentric circles..

• Today i went to a mates funeral, he seldom drank, never touched drugs had been a vegetarian for over twenty years and he gave up smoking ten or so years ago. He was 53

Sad to read this Chap, hope he had a send off he would have been chuffed with.

We know we all got it coming at some point, but when I read that someone seldom drank, never touched drugs, vegetarian for over 20 years, gave up smokong ten years ago and then has a heart attack, crikey. I been talking about this with a mate recently as we are of that age when you realise folk are suddenly dropping off the mortal coil. maybe it really is sheer pot luck no matter what health choices you make, and your mate had it going on being health conscious, then this happens. I dont touch alcohol, havemt done for years, I like my rollies but not in stupid amounts, am very concious on my food and diet, mostly veggie with meat hits when I feel my body is asking for it, I'm 52, turned that one early on in May, yep, I am a party animal when it comes to electronic dance hard and fast psy trance parties/festi's and quite happily take and practice safe usage of the things that are associated with it, and my conclusion is, I can live live like a saint if I choose, as can we all, but I dont what to be a pure white saint, I'm of the frame of mind enjoy life while I can to have some fun and fulfilment, I work damn hard and play hard, and when the big button labelled end of life is pressed when its my time whenever that will be, so be it. I always remeber the Roy Castle thing, he lived like a pure white saint, and he died of lung cancer if i remember rightly.

I feel one saving grace is for me, I had a very active, healthy fit start in my first thirty years of life and I am feeling that has been a boon to being in pretty damn good nick at 52, even the well man health checks at the docs has given me a big green tick, but that isnt a guarantee by any means. What I rest easy with is when the time comes, I can safely look back and know I have made the best effort i can possibly have done to be the best person I can be and had some fun creating good solid happy memories with no regrets, but when you see freinds and other peoples friends, people your own age and have made a better effort again that are passing on, thats not very comforting, again, the old adage, make the most of it is being highlighted.

• I watched something last week about a guy who turned 100,and had smoked for 80 yrs!Must be luck of the draw I guess.I gave up smoking 2 yrs ago,rarely drink these days,eat well,practice yoga etc.....and wonder sometimes if I'm doing the right thing.

• I watched something last week about a guy who turned 100,and had smoked for 80 yrs!Must be luck of the draw I guess.I gave up smoking 2 yrs ago,rarely drink these days,eat well,practice yoga etc.....and wonder sometimes if I'm doing the right thing.

Yes indeed, Cobra, it does make you wonder, well it does me. At the ed of the day, it's what feels right for you and any individual. Like Wandering Gypsies mate, doing what we could say is right things to the bes the could and being concious of it, mmmm, where does that leave us. As people who have never smoked or lived/worked in an environment where passive intake could be an influence dies of lung cancer yet someome who smoked for 80 years has turned 100, pot luck eh, the cellular/genetic make up and the propensity to react to whatever someone does or imbibes in has an influence for sure, but it depends on the individuals body I suppose, it is said we are all capable of contracting cancer, but its what triggers it, some folk may be weaker than others and their bodies are not as strong as others to regulate and fight off unwanted celluar molestastion by rogue cells. People who are into fitness, going to gyms, doing excersise in the belief it is doing them good and feel it is going a long way to prolong their life can drop dead of a heart attack, yet a heroin user can have a long natural life span. go figure, I cant. If I lived what could be said is a pure white sainthood of a life, then suddenly discovered I was riddled with cancer or had a heart attack for no given reason at say 45 years old, would I be thinking, hey well all that goodness didnt do me much good, probably. At least the life I have had thus far has been fun, living on the edge, interesting, entertaining, fulfilled etc, I will go happy in the knowledge of all that, well happier than I would if I had been uber concious pure white saint style.

• You're right Wizard.I gave up smoking because periodically I'd get a chest infection,and I really don't like feeling ill.I'm not a good patient!Drinking?Well I did my fair share of fairly heavy drinking when I was younger,and as I've got older,kind of lost the taste and appeal for it,so that just happened naturally,nothing to do with health reasons.I guess any of us,all we can do is the best we can with what with have,and keep faith that it all works out.x

My nan lived until her late 80's and smoked for 65 of them. 40+fags a day!