What are you currently thinking, Part VI: Return Of The Red Eye!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• i'm thinking how empty my life is now i'm completely alone, I should be happy, as i'm stress free emotionally, its the other stuff, you know, finance, or lack thereof...'sighs'

Swings & roundabouts PJ1.

My son lives with me & I often wish I was alone so I could spend more time on the road. Sometimes We're never satisfied with our lot are we?

Suppose I'd miss the lad if he left but would be able to do more things id like to do myself too. Nice to see you posting again, hope things are ok with you.👋😉

• Swings & roundabouts PJ1.

My son lives with me & I often wish I was alone so I could spend more time on the road. Sometimes We're never satisfied with our lot are we?

Suppose I'd miss the lad if he left but would be able to do more things id like to do myself too. Nice to see you posting again, hope things are ok with you.👋😉

Life has been *interesting* My last few years have been very up and down, like living on a corrugated roof....
    I have hit a lull now, so have had time to think, not the safest option for me.

• I try to avoid thinking whenever possible PJ1, I find I usually end up either in trouble or sad if I think too much.... If we didn't have downs in our lives we wouldn't appreciate the ups! Hang in there & wait for the next high.....:peaceman::sun:

• I am thinking it's Valentine's Day and remembering I was once dumped on this day many years ago. I was crushed at the time, I lost my home and my business. But today sitting here in my truck with my dog (and a new business of my own) I am happy and I look back and think 'Thank you'.

• thinking...just go with the flow..the job im not bothered about..well im in the last 2 candidates!so somethings dragging me in that direction,as i say,just go with it..2nd interview /trial next sat..looks like i chose the best day,its bike track day😊xx

• I am thinking that even I will accept todays weater as grotty and am going to park up on the side of lac de settons,light the fire and put my le creuset caserole dish on the burner and slow cook a load of veggies whilst enjoying a good book in the cosiness of my lovely home :-)

• isn’t it just. Plenty of folk shouting about what’s right and wrong. Interesting times a head of us.

Interesting times leaves room for good and bad eh.

I watched an interesting vid a while back. I didn't watch it all as it wasn't really my thing and he was a bit too flighty for me to listen to. But, whilst locked in prison he was given a message as clear as day in his ear and relayed it in this interview. I thought the message was interesting regardless of whether or not it was a real occurence.

He was told- "there is a time to be Tortoise and a time to be Hare. Now, is the time of the Vulture"

Seems pretty correct on some level.

• thinking that was a marathon cleanathon..10 hours with 20min break..knackered now,but happy...got a new chainsaw😊..fed up with people making promises of fire wood for work then having to fight for it,so only 1 person to blame now if theres no wood xx

• but happy...got a new chainsaw😊..

Have you got your PPE kit? Boots, leg protection, helmet with mesh visor and ear defenders? If not remind me near Dovedale.I might be able to sort you out with a secondhand set for a good price.
    worth remembering to wear it too. even when your only cutting a bit of firewood. Could save your life. If you also want a quick safe use lesson. I would be happy to run through it with you and your old man. Ps are you both right handed?

• Have you got your PPE kit? Boots, leg protection, helmet with mesh visor and ear defenders? If not remind me near Dovedale.I might be able to sort you out with a secondhand set for a good price.
    worth remembering to wear it too. even when your only cutting a bit of firewood. Could save your life. If you also want a quick safe use lesson. I would be happy to run through it with you and your old man. Ps are you both right handed?

Yes to all the above ,lol..or got access to them otherwise,we re living in the yard of a friends arboriculture buisness atm and was out with the gangs this time last year on ground crew..im too old to be swinging from trees now,but was the best job ever..but would be good to have my own stuff,thanks,will let you know what il need..just got in from work and put it together,just going to sweet talk my way to some chain oil 😊xx

• I’ve got a cheap electric chainsaw. I bought it for quick firewood processing. It’s brill. Doesn’t disturb the neighbours when Im processing enough for a nights burn and it’s late evening. Saying that. I did promise myself never to cut firewood in the dark again. Risks we take, but some are just pushing luck.

• I would want them to play in my van for that,though it would have to be an unplugged set with no drums. In fact,maybe a better idea of Peter comes over on his own and pays me for having the honour and the luck to play for me :-)

• I feel now that I can admit to recently buying The Platinum Collection - and listening to it, a lot. Thank you Paul.

I have a lot of their stuff on vinyl still!

Also saw them in 2007 in Twickenham, after getting tickets from a member on here -- great gig, but I feel they need to retire now rather than charge extortionate prices. Phil's voice sounds 'old' and his son does all the drumming! :/

Ripping off England By The Pound!

• I used to have vinyl, but it was heavy and took up space so I sold my records in one of my regular weight purges. I still have CDs which I am slowly copying to digital when they can go to charity but anything new I buy now is digital only. A couple recently I had to get the CD in order to get the mp3 so I just gave the CDs away.

If you do go I hope you enjoy it. I haven't been to see live music for ever, I must change that. I've seen Pink Floyd, Motorhead, ELP, ShyFly, Phil Lynott, Status Quo, Prince (got the tickets free but it was good), Rolling Stones, Yardbirds, George Michael, U2, Never The Bride, Tom Robinson, Golden Earring.

• MP3 is so much easier,especially when in a vehicle. Albeit I do not dj often now,I still have the odd blast using virtual DJ and my ridiculously large collection of MP3 albums and tunes. Its not as fun or does not need as much talent as what spinning the olde decks was,but it is practical and means that I need less space and less electricity to do it,so it has its positives :-)

Am listening to a tribal album that I mixed a few months back whilst writing this and all in all its not too shabby at all. Could of maybe done it a tad better with vinyl,but not much in it.

• I listen to lots of house, dance, trance, old skool acid. An ex tried to teach me to beat match - I'm not a natural.

But that's not all... I have just downloaded some Placebo albums in additional to the Genesis compilation. I want to get Quite wide musical tastes really, the only things I don't like are freeform jazz and what I call plinky-plunk elevator music, I don't know the proper name for it. Light music? Tea at the Ritz music? Whatever, it sucks. Lovin' Slipknot, We Are Not Your Kind.