Cheap easy family meals

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I don't know much about Vegetarian food anymore, but it's easier than being Vegan, in terms of getting it right. Why don't you eat all your normal things, but without the flesh?

Pasta is cheap, so do a Bolognaise using Quorn mince, The secret with the Quorn mince is to soak it overnight. Just cover it with water, and add salt, pepper, and some hot paprika.

Same with Chilli sin Carne, and Lasagne.

Baked Potatos with a Greek Salad?

Re-Fried beans are great! Put the tin in a big frying pan with loads of good quality Olive oil, not too hot. Add hot salsa, and chopped Jalapeno peppers. Stir well until it's all mixed. As it's vegetarian you can sprinkle animal cheese on top till it melts Then use Doritos or corn snacks to dip into it. Very filling.

There's a really nice burger mix from the Ethical Superstore. It's cheap and makes lots of burgers that taste great. Serve with chips.

Or a big pot of Vegetable soup with crusty bread?

• Going vegetarian for February and would love some cheap family meal ideas please!

will jay join you when he is cooking? I tried to do it for my ex. After 2 years I caught her with the carcus of one of my free range chickens on her knee. She was pregnant. I went back to eating what I wanted after that. A vegetarian diet would probably do me the world of good and there’s lots more choice these days. Good luck.

• will jay join you when he is cooking? I tried to do it for my ex. After 2 years I caught her with the carcus of one of my free range chickens on her knee. She was pregnant. I went back to eating what I wanted after that. A vegetarian diet would probably do me the world of good and there’s lots more choice these days. Good luck.

It was a joint idea, he started on Monday!

• If you're looking for a meat alternative Cauldron sausages are good veggie sausages, definitely the best I've found so far. They're good for sandwiches and chopped up in pasta. It's the only fake meat type food I eat.

My standard cheap meals are: Salad, Chick pea curry and rice, veg & rice stir fry, chilli & rice. There's definitely a rice theme going on, but you can get a huge bag of brown rice for not much money and it lasts for ages.

Iceland do some tasty veggie and spicy been burgers for lazy meals.

Good luck going veggie!

• we re veggy and usually cook from scratch,we dont really follow recipes but il have a think and write some out for you..veggy mince using green lentils can be used in shepherds pie,mince and tattys,and we ve been doing a mean pasty with it lately..dhal..do you like curry?chilli?all cheap and easy xx

• what i did ,i purchased half a dozen veggie cook books from the charity shop , planned my meals a week in advance ,from recipes from the books ,before i went shopping ,and started cookin these amaizing veggie meals ,witch include homemade soups ,and also indian dishes ,like channa dal ,which are soo tasty ,and are very cheap to make .i would recomend it to anyone ,not just because this type of food tastes great ,but also the health benefits

• I Be Sure You Beautiful Girls Will Lovezzz These And You As Well And They Be Cheap And Both Vegan And Vegetarian Friendly And Look Great For Healthy Snack Treats Instead Of High Sugar And High Calorie Treats Etc .

Its Simple Just Make Up Vegan/Veggie Cookie Mix And Have Fun Picking And Finding Pretty Edible Flowers HAHAHA And Then Decorate Them On Top Of Cookies And Woop Woop Healthy Pretty YummyLuscious Cookie Treats That Im Sure You And Your Beautiful Family Will Lovezzz :))

And You Can Make Them As Big Or As Small As You Like Too:))

• At this time of year, gourds of various kinds make cheap and easy meals, either baked in the oven and spooned out (yummy!), or cut up into chunks and boiled along with other chopped-up vegetables, so the whole panful is nicely cooked at the same time. Serve with lentil dahl or any favourite bean dish. Last week in Aldi gourds were going at 49p each, and usually one cut in half and baked or stewed does enough for two meals, or two people.

• jacket potatoes and beans, beetroot and cheese if you arnt vegan, chiili lental , those big numb beans in stew. peas, carrots chips, peanut butter for protean. I cant do it I eat a lot of veg and need a bit of meat soz, porridge works well gills me up for the day, all summer ive praxtivallu lived off banana and oatmeal smoothies, for breakfastI added brambles apples plums in autum.