Jordan Peterson on pay gaps, campus protests and postmodernism

• Not sure who's aware of the psychologist Jordan B. Peterson, but if you have a spare thirty minutes I think this is worth a listen and a debate...

Channel 4 News’ full, fiery interview with clinical psychologist and professor Jordan B Peterson, whose views on gender have amassed great controversy - and a huge online following. He discusses the pay gap, patriarchy and his new book "12 Rules for Life."

• That was interesting.

But when he was talking about adult babies (without the nappies!), i think women as well as men should be included. I've met just as many, if not more, childish whiney women as i have men!

I have to say upfront, that i dislike modern feminism! They are a disgrace to femininity. That's my view, you can like it or lump it!

So, back to the video.............

The female interviewer is obviously feminist, or, her feminist producer has formed her dialogue. There is no reasoning with her. She nitpicks the whole fucking time, even though he's talking sense.

Women have a choice. Do they want to fight for a career and be on top, or do they not? They have as many brain cells as a man, but only a few women have 'the balls' to get there!

The female interviewer goes on about the fact that there are only 7 top women in the FTSE index. That's not Mr Petersons fault, it's the womens fault! Women who want to breed, will never do well in the HNW end of things, unless they get a full time nanny, then, what's the point of breeding?

Of course, they're talking big business here, and what i know from working for extremely rich people, is that the more hours you work, the more pay you get.

Talking about Gender, i have to say again, upfront, that i have not, and will not, have anything to do with all these whiney millennial children and their many pronouns!

There is man (he), and woman (she), and occasionally hermaphrodite (it). If a man or woman has a full operation to change their sex, i'm happy to be polite and call them by their wish. That's it. Anyone who identifies with anything else can fuck off!

Hail Lobsters! :D  

• I have to say upfront, that i dislike modern feminism! They are a disgrace to femininity.

There are many flavours of feminism, some make more sense than others - like, striving for equal opportunity and treatment is fine.

It's modern feminism in the form of intersectionality and identity politics I have an issue with - that shit is toxic, incorrect, divisive and completely destroying the credibility of any legitimate egalitarian cause.

They call them "liberals" but they're the most authoritarian bunch of lunatics you could possibly meet.

• Jordan Peterson was excellent in that interview, but then he always is. From what I've seen of him he successfully confounds people by being very intelligent and always remaining civil in the interviews. There were numerous times in the channel 4 interview where the news presenter misquotes him from earlier on but he remembers exactly what he said.

It did annoy me that she seemed to talk over his responses quite alot and wasn't really listening. It's reminded me of a quote "most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply"

• Talking about Gender, i have to say again, upfront, that i have not, and will not, have anything to do with all these whiney millennial children and their many pronouns!

There is man (he), and woman (she), and occasionally hermaphrodite (it). If a man or woman has a full operation to change their sex, i'm happy to be polite and call them by their wish. That's it. Anyone who identifies with anything else can fuck off!

Hail Lobsters! :D  

It's not a millenial thing https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_history

Self identity is important to most people, why would you deliberately upset / offend someone over something as trivial as a pronoun? How does it affect you so negatively, how someone else chooses to identify themselves?

• Self identity is important to most people

But not everything is choice - we don't get to choose our gender based on how we feel that day. For example, I can't decide to self identify as a squirrel, because I'm not actually a squirrel - and to legislate my right to be a squirrel would be clearly ridiculous.

Gender dysphoria - as in your gender not matching your biological sex - is an important issue, but what we see with modern identity politics are people whimsically inventing new gender identities that have very little to do with real gender r science.

• But not everything is choice - we don't get to choose our gender based on how we feel that day. For example, I can't decide to self identify as a squirrel, because I'm not actually a squirrel - and to legislate my right to be a squirrel would be clearly ridiculous.

Gender dysphoria - as in your gender not matching your biological sex - is an important issue, but what we see with modern identity politics are people whimsically inventing new gender identities that have very little to do with real gender r science.

I'm not sure which genders you're refering to that are made up, but it is my understanding that it's a scale (as apposed to binary), and that more people tend to be grouped at certain parts of the scale, so it would make sense to give a name to those certain parts.

I found this useful:

Genderbread-Person-3.3.jpg

Unfortunately I dont keep up with current events very well, so I dont know anything about who's legislating what, sorry. You shared a video from a transgender lady about transgender people and forcing legislation a while back, Paul, I thought that was good aswell.

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• It's not a millenial thing https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_history

Self identity is important to most people, why would you deliberately upset / offend someone over something as trivial as a pronoun? How does it affect you so negatively, how someone else chooses to identify themselves?

This is why.

ABIMEGENDER - a gender that is profound, deep, and infinite. ADAMASGENDER - when you want to feel extra special and unique. ANXIEGENDER - a gender that is affected by anxiety.

The list goes on and on and on and on and on........ there is actually an a - z of genders. it's ridiculous.

• She knew that every one of her 'sacred cow' ideologies would be countered, no, destroyed, with facts and documented studies so she resorted to bombardment questions, misquoting his answers and throwing strawman scenarios.

He had to 'measure' his answers. Most people of that intellect would have called out her nonsense, rubbish and piss poor journalism, but his field is specifically one of analytical response not impromptu outbursts.

Never heard of him before, but will look into his work. It was funny when she stalled as she realised how his answers lead her up the garden path to question and counter her own ideologies.

Amazing that a feminazi tries to destroy a man who has done more for womens rights and equality than she, and her hagfest, will ever achieve. He used intelligent, reasoned points, she just threw out her pre-scripted agenda to attempt to silence him. As it usually works very effectively in a normal day at the office

• ABIMEGENDER - a gender that is profound, deep, and infinite. ADAMASGENDER - when you want to feel extra special and unique. ANXIEGENDER - a gender that is affected by anxiety.

Off the top of my head: Agender, Bigender, Pangender, Two-Spirit, and a whole multitude of others that have no basis in science.

Okay, yeah, I see your point, I dont know what to make of those. The picture made sense to me, but I dont know how to deal with "anxiegender"... what pronoun would you even use for that?

The world is confusing

• Yes, this is where it seems to get confusing, and I'm not even sure what genuine transpeople make of it - the couple that I know are very much "she", which is fine, but what we're seeing is this conflation of English with the addition of new pronouns (zi and zer etc) because they don't want to be she, he or they.

I mean, if someone wants to call themselves a new gender, then that's their choice - I changed the "gender" option in this site to suit this as people can do whatever the fuck they like.

However, nobody should be criminalised for failing to use a pronoun that previously didn't exist.

• Okay, yeah, I see your point, I dont know what to make of those. The picture made sense to me, but I dont know how to deal with "anxiegender"... what pronoun would you even use for that?

The world is confusing

I have a few favourites that totally make sense!

Ambonec– Identifying as both man and woman, yet neither at the same time.

Boggender– A gender that feels like a bog, swamp, marsh or similar ecosystem. Also known as swampgender.

Scorpifluid– A gender fluid between unknown genders.

Novigender– A gender experience too hard to read/process/understand or too complex to pin down to one word.

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert