• I have read about people waiting weeks and weeks waiting for their new passport.

I have just renewed mine online and posted off my photo and the form that you get someone to countersign.

The passport office received them last Wednesday,i received my new passport today Monday,5 day's terrific service.

• I was forced to get a passport at my own expense for professional purposes that do not include travelling beyond the borders that define my citizenship.

I was and still am very very angry about this and do not see any reason that justifies uk citizens having to pay such extortionate amounts for a document that the state should provide without cost to its imprisoned citizens.

I am further disgusted that since my travelling days are over I was required to obtain this exclusively overpriced piece of shit document for the ridiculous purpose of confirming my identity as a UK citizen with the right to work for a UK company

• lucky you have the option, sadly I don’t, and will get really fucked by Brexit.

The news reports that a group of uk expats are appealing to an EU court to try and have their case for freedom of movement etc put before the European Court of Human Rights ( or whatever it's called).

Let's hope the judiciary finds further reason to expose brexit as a meaningless pontification.

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• Let's hope the judiciary finds further reason to expose brexit as a meaningless pontification.

I think with calls from Sweden to restrict EU movement on the horizon. Free movement throughout Europe will eventually become a totally different affair. Free to move but only with the right paperwork. Paperwork will be free to obtain at source.

• Maybe.

Nations are booming on the back of immigration (in a land hogging capitalist sense).

Net immigration requires protected land to be released for occupation to afford space and peace and some quality of life to those who find passports expensive 😉

Alternatively borders could be closed and racial prejudice confirmed because folk cannot reclaim the land😉

Either way passports are a rip off.

• I would argue that economic migrants share very similar values to those who successfully exploit land rights and subsidies (and find passports cheap to purchase) in the target nation.

I'm generalising a little.....but to be more precise land values are inflated through population increase.

The good nature of people is not exploited by immigrants. It is exploited by archaic laws that protect massive land holdings from the fair dispersal of use that citizens require in order to approach a status of 'health'.

• reports from across Europe and crime statistics would suggest otherwise.

For example here's a couple of stories from among a great many:

In Sweden ,Moderate Party leader Ulf Kristersson, said in a debate about crime and immigration that it looks as if there’s a war in the country:

“Last year, 300 so-called shootings were carried out in Sweden. 42 dead, criminals with hand grenades, as if there were war in our country”.

The politician was speaking at the first parliamentary debate of the new year on Wednesday morning. Even Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Löfven admitted the country is facing serious problems. He said:

“It is obvious that there are major societal problems. We have violent crime that we can not accept, we will push it back.”

Germany is experiencing an explosion in anti semiticism and are proposing legislation that might deport migrants with anti semitic views according to Die Welt.

February 1. More than 1,000 police officers raided 54 homes, mosques and businesses in Darmstadt, Frankfurt, Offenbach and Wiesbaden in an operation targeting the jihadist scene in Hesse. Hessian Interior Minister Peter Beuth said the raid was not about preventing an imminent attack, but rather about "smashing a widespread Salafist network."

February 6. Some 48,000 women and girls currently living in Germany are victims of female genital mutilation (FGM), according to a study funded by the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs. Another 9,000 girls are at risk. Most of the victims are from Eritrea, Somalia, Egypt, Ethiopia and Iraq. The problem is especially acute in Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich. The number of people affected in Germany has increased by around 30% since 2014.

• I think that borders might be closed because countries are waking upto the fact that not all who arrive on there shores share quite the same values as themselves.

fgm might be considered as a behaviour that has been brought to European countries by migrant people's that have recently arrived on their shores as are the other examples amongst many I could have pointed out . It is pretty obvious really.

• Na. It's avoidance of the real powerful issues that force people to live in close proximity to one another and accept worsening prospects in favour of defending the worsening antics and white collar theft currently perpetrated by landlords and landowners en mass.

Very bad things are happening. As you clearly outline. Such horrendous shit happens less when resources, health and quality of life are distributed more equally.

• okay , if you say so Zendaze . Seems to me that the people who are having their little girls genitals mutilated ,as an obvious example , have emigrated to and are living in countries where the resources , health and quality of life are distributed more evenly , or at least more evenly than the countries they have originally come from.

• I think that borders might be closed because countries are waking upto the fact that not all who arrive on there shores share quite the same values as themselves.

You're totally right! If you move to a new country, you must at least speak the language and make an effort to integrate!

Take British expats in Spain: they always speak their own language; live in ghettos with people of their own nationality and faith; refuse to integrate with the local population; make no effort to respect the local culture. Good job we're leaving the evil EU!

• You're totally right! If you move to a new country, you must at least speak the language and make an effort to integrate!

Take British expats in Spain: they always speak their own language; live in ghettos with people of their own nationality and faith; refuse to integrate with the local population; make no effort to respect the local culture. Good job we're leaving the evil EU!

British ex pats ,I do not believe have increased the rape or crime statistics in quite the same way that immigrantion has ,In say for example , Sweden or Germany , what with the importation of taharrush gamea, so evident in Cologne on new years eve a couple of years ago .

I also don't seem to recall any stories of armed gangs of ex pat teens emerging from there no go zones and roaming the Spanish streets on mass, shooting machine guns and hurling hand grenades at each other.

I do suppose though, that it might just have slipped my mind.

There was a good article in The Times at the weekend on Sweden's crime epidemic , unfortunately I've read my two free articles for the week so can't post it here, but here's a thread from the journalist who wrote the article ,Bojan Pancevski's twitter account on this story .

https://mobile.twitter.com/bopanc/status/955051953935052801

• What a suprise from Mr Derives Pleasure from Anothers Misfortune.

A facetious , glib, flippant answer that in no way addresses any of the problems I referred too.

Read the link ? Ever read anything on this subject ? Obviously not

10 crims thought to be sunning themselves in Costa Del Crime ,really ? Not quite on the same scale is it ?

• What Makes Me Sad Is The People Men..Women..Children That Are Killed Trying To Get Into Countries Without Having Passports Out Of Fear Desperations ...

And I Be Talking Off The Poor And Inmocent And Vulnerable Who Are Taken Advantage Off By The Greedy Evil People Smugglers...;(( ...And It Seems To Be Getting Worse All The Time Not Better :(

Yes I Know Many Think And Say ..."They Should Not Of Done It In The First Place Etc Etc And So Its There Own Fault Etc ...Or They Deserve It .Etc..

But Fear And Desperation And Starvation And Survival ...Can Make People Men Women Children Take That Risk...And Not Think About What Can Truly Happen To Them ..Death ..Sex Slaves And Slaves Etc Etc Many Die ..Many Get Used And Abused And Exploited Sadly And Very Few Get A Happy Ending ......Its Just Sooo Sad:(....

Many Are Inmocent ..Harmless ..Families And People With No Hidden Evil Plans They Just Want Help ..They Want To Survive ..Or To Escape Violence And Killing Happening On There Lands As They Caught In Middle Of Wars Etc .

So Yes Even Though They Not Meant Too Snd Its Breaking Laws Etc ..They Take That Risk And Try To Get Smuggled Into Countries As They Have No Way Of Getting Passports.

It Is A Very Hard Problem This Country And Many Other Countries Struggle To Cope With And Deal With And It Is Just Getting Worse And Growing Bigger .

And A Hard Subject To Deal With Because These Smuggling Laws Are For A Reason To Protect The Countries And Its People Etc ..But Also My Heart Goes Out To The People Men Women Children The Vulnerable Etc Who Are Living In Fear And Trying To Survive So Do This Out Of Despetation...

.Its A Tough Tug O War Of The Heart And Head For Someone Like Me And Many I Suppose As I Can See Both Sides Of The Coin But My Heart Breaks For The Desperate People Who Are Willing To Risk Everything Even There Lifes To Get Away And Escape Even If That Means Being Smuggled .

Maybe Part Of That Is That Many Of My People Left ..Flee There Lands And Were Smuggled Out Under The Moons Protection And Darkness Night Even Me As Teenie Tiny Danann Wrapped Up Tightly And Hidden In Fishing Boat Shipped Off To Strange Lands And Strange People ....Did My Family Think It Wrong Or My People ...No They Did Not ...They Did What We Needed To Do To Survive And Be Free .....So That Is Why I Can Truly Understand Fear ..Desperation Etc And Why Sadly Many People Do This And Take The Risks Of Being Caught ..Being Killed ..Being Used And Abused Etc ..Because You Take That Chance That You Will Escape And Live And Be Free ....Which Thankfull To All That Be My Family And People Were And Be ..But Sadly Yes Many Of My People And Family Did Not As They Sacrificed Themselves So Many Could Escape And Be Free Heartbreakingly :(