How to criticise Islam without being Islamophobic?

• We live in a society where any criticism of Islam is regularly countered with cries of "Islamophobia!" - and often the anti-Muslim backlashes are racist and motivated by lies being spread in social media.

We often get told how most Muslims just want to live their lives etc. and I agree that they do - at least that's my experience as I have met and worked and been friends with many people from Asia - and while I would never wish anyone harm, it does seem there's a fear of condemning some cultural aspects because people are scared of being branded racist.

These are just a few issues randomly plucked from the web: Demands for Sharia law, Women being publicly groped, Grooming gangs and so on.

There was recently a British poll saying that half of Muslims say homosexuality should be illegal.

Overseas we see cases of a Pakistani woman being sentenced to raping as a punishment for her brother's crime and in Saudi you can get publicly tortured for being transgender.

There is clearly something wrong here.

I absolutely believe we have a duty to respect our fellow humans and allow them agency over their lives -- and it would be wrong to deny anyone their rights to self expression -- but in some ways it's like we're dealing with a culture that hasn't caught up with our values.

Basically I'm not sure how it can be untangled, because it seems that the only people willing to address it are racist thugs with loud voices rather than anyone with any rational sense. :/

• Paul, i'm not a racist thug, but sometimes i do have a loud voice!

I can admit that.

I'm well aware there are decent Muslims.

There is good and bad in every society, race and culture!

Would it even things out a bit if i started a thread on my thoughts of chavs/neds, who are British?

I'm not Islamaphobic, this implies a fear; even though many times (in the UK and in Muslim countries), my heart was beating like a drum and all i could think was 'how am i going to get out of this situation'?

Luckily i did. Obviously!

You said, "I believe we do have a duty to respect our fellow humans and allow them agency over their lives -- and it would be wrong to deny anyone their rights to self expression".

I agree.

But why can i not do in their country, what they can do in mine?

• A good starting point for being respectful is to not use blatant lies and sweeping disparaging generalisations against any group.

Cope outs like saying “ I know not all Muslims ( or insert group being talked about) are bad, but” just make the author look like a twit who hates that group but is desperate not to be called out on their biases.

• There are good and bad people everywhere,so I expect that's what people mean really when they say "I know not all Muslims....."

I recall a news story from my home country,the Cronulla race riots,in Sydney.A group of Lebanese guys were calling women sluts because they were on the beach wearing bikini's.Now that kind of thing gets my back up abit.That doesn't mean though I dislike all Lebanese ,infact the few I've met,have been really nice.It only takes a few bad apples.

How many people in this country go to church on a regular basis?(I don't),but I can't help thinking,where there's a gap?If Christianity was still as popular as it once was a few decades ago,it would still be the dominant religion it once was.Its just a thought.I don't give a toss about religion myself,but its something I've wondered about lately.

• Christianity and its values has never been the dominant religion on this planet. It just is in British culture.

Other cultures have different values, other religions have different values, I am not going to pass judgement on them, though I will go out of my way to avoid having to deal with things that offend my values though. My Christianity influenced values and attitudes are no better or worse than anyone else’s, but they are mine, and I will defend my right to excercise them, as I would expect people with Islamic influenced attitudes to do the same, and I will respect that if they respect mine.

• There is a big difference between criticism and spouting bigoted rubbish. The Western media seem very good at the latter. I think it helps to justify the actions of non Islamic states like the US throwing their weight around the rest of the world .

• Why single out any one set of religious beliefs for criticism? There is no real reason to blame Islam for atrocities rather than Christianity, Zionism, whatever.

When people do horrible things to one another, despite what the media tell you, it is for political reasons. Always.

In the Middle Ages the Crusades rode into the Middle East to destroy a culture which was perceived as too powerful to be left in peace. It was also an excellent excuse to steal valuables and slaves. Pretty well any ordinary Western person you spoke to, had a huge amount of hate in their hearts for these folk they had never met. You would have been told that they crucified Christians, ate white babies and raped our women. They were savages.

Why did they believe this? Because the propaganda machine of the time let them know as much. Sounds familiar? Suppose your family had been destroyed by the invading knights, tortured and killed in front of your eyes, your wife and daughters raped and enslaved, and you found a way to hit back at the perpetrators. Would you then call that person a terrorist, indoctrinated by religion? Because I wouldn't.

I have been lucky enough to know personally a lot of people from the Middle East, and they have been no different to anyone else. Just ordinary people going about their lives as best as they can. They may well identify as Muslim, in the same way that the average person in this country will identify as Christian.

Jews, followers of Islam, Christians. All People of the Book, which for us means the bible, for Jewish folk it's Torah for Islam the Koran. Folk in the Middle East know that the books all have the same source, and actually consider People of the Book to be more similar than not.

• I think it is actually quite easy to criticise Islam, as indeed any religion, by simply highlighting where it (or any other religion) falls short in its/their teachings within a modern context.

For example one can quite easily dispute many of Christianity's "facts" on the basis alone that a good amount of them have been shown to be not true historically through modern interpretation and scientific investigation. That however does not invalidate Christianity as a faith.

The same can be said to apply equally to Islam.

The difficulty with both faiths is that they are based on texts that were written in a time of less enlightenment. We can now see, from afar, that they are anachronistic and in many cases rather misguided. If we accept them as descendants of middle eastern philosophies from 1500-2000 years ago, and shackled to the beliefs of those times they make more sense.

I would suggest, therefore, that against that background it is possible to criticise Islam (or any other Judeo/Christian religion without being racist in any way.

What would be wrong is to present that argument using bigotry or untruths (and frankly there would be no need to as Islam and Christianity are riddled with such contradictions within their own texts and teachings that one should feel the need to do so).

Amen

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• In spite of the title, I'm not even sure "Islamaphobia" is the right word.

Islam, as it's written in the books and enforced in Middle Eastern countries terrifies me - however most Muslims do not terrify me - but it's not because they're practicing a watered down version of Islam, it's more that they're as serious about their faith as the average Christian is -- i.e. not really practicing it.

Other cultures have different values, other religions have different values, I am not going to pass judgement on them, though I will go out of my way to avoid having to deal with things that offend my values though. My Christianity influenced values and attitudes are no better or worse than anyone else’s, but they are mine, and I will defend my right to excercise them, as I would expect people with Islamic influenced attitudes to do the same, and I will respect that if they respect mine.

I don't know - I don't think moral relativism works when dealing with real situations of oppression. Fine if we're talking about worship or celebration, but not so fine if the culture creates victims.

Would anyone here want to live in a culture where it's illegal to be gay or transgender, where women are banned from driving or seeking education or where public floggings are commonplace?

Why is culture considered so precious? It's very strange to me how many liberal minded, left leaning people are often happy to protect oppressive cultures in the name of inclusion :/

A group of Lebanese guys were calling women sluts because they were on the beach wearing bikini's.Now that kind of thing gets my back up abit.That doesn't mean though I dislike all Lebanese ,infact the few I've met,have been really nice.It only takes a few bad apples.

Similar was happening in East London a couple of years ago - a group of radical Islamists were taking to the streets threatening anyone they perceived to be breaking Sharia and telling them it was a "Muslim area" -- I believe they were criticised by the local mosque and ended up in Jail as a result.

I mean it's easy to look back 400 years and say "well we used to be ...." but for the large part we do not behave in the same way -- yes there are a few Christian fundies out there, but they're not exactly in the same league.

• I do believe there is often a big East and West divide on how we approach these things. In western education critical thinking is encouraged (or should be at least), children are encouraged to ask why often. Part of education is not just memorizing fact but learning to think a subject through and reach a logical conclusion.

Western culture has also been through many changes in thought, we have been through revolutions, enlightenments, reformations, ect which have all challenged the norms of the day and produced a change of thought and practice in all kinds of different areas of life.

In many Eastern countries culture has remained relatively unchanged for a long long time, and honour is often key. To ask why or to challenge a train of thought can be seen as dishonoring an elder who clearly knows better. As a student your task is to sit and learn, not to challenge.

Now obviously that's a big generalization and many Eastern cultures are rapidly changing as is our Western culture but I do believe it must be considered when approaching Islam.

Along with the importance of honour Islam upholds the blasphemy law which again restricts what can be challenged.

Unlike the bible which has been scrutinized, ridiculed, and studied at every kind of level (and yet still stands) the Quran has remained largely untried. I can open my bible and find footnote after footnote opening up the meaning of the original language. (One of the reasons there are so many translations of the bible is that there is a desire to bring out the true meaning of the original languages in a fuller and more accurate or linguistically relevant way.) When it comes to the Quran almost all the original manuscripts were gathered under Utherman and destroyed so we find very little original manuscripts to refer back to. Many of the modern manuscripts are hard to access and any critical investigation into them would be heavily restricted in most Islamic nations.

The term Islamophobia means very little to me. As has already been stated the word phobia is wrong as it implies a fear of, one can hate a thing without being afraid of it. Secondly why have we not heard of Buddaphobia, or Hinduphobeia or Christphobia? I can criticize a belief, challenge it, even hate it, that is part of the freedom we enjoy in this land. I'm fairly vocal about what I belief and in return I fully expect my stance to be challenged and I ought to be in a position where I can defend it.

• The term Islamophobia means very little to me. As has already been stated phobia is wrong as it implies a fear of, one can hate a thing without being afraid of it. Secondly why have we not heard of Buddaphobia, or Hinduphobeia or Christphobia? I can criticize a belief, challenge it, even hate it, that is part of the freedom we enjoy in this land. I'm fairly vocal about what I belief and in return I fully expect my stance to be challenged and I ought to be in a position where I can defend it.

I don't think it should be a thing, at least not in the way it's considered to be.

If you're racist you're racist - in London the Muslim population are largely brown skinned people from Asia with a number of Africans and some Europeans, and racists don't really spend too much time questioning beliefs - they're all about skin colour and language, and just as likely to target anyone they class as "other".

It's more about finding a new target for their anger than it is about any phobia or genuine critical assesment.

• islamophobia is a word that was invented by the muslim brotherhood in order to silence any criticism of Islam, their are new laws been passed in Canada and in some parts of Europe for this very purpose.

As for the crusades:

I think that it was after several centuries of Muslim conquest and invasion ,where land was taken from as far as the Levant,Palestine and Jerusalem,Egypt,Turkey ,Ghana, Afghanistan ,right upto Spain - areas that used to be called Anatolia and Andalus ,that the Christian crusades began.

In 1094 the Byzantium emperor Alexius Comnenus I asked for help from western Christendom to help against muslim invasions of his territory.

In 1095 pope Urbanus II preaches for the first crusade. Jerusalem was captured in 1099.

During these Muslim conquest Churches and religious buildings were destroyed and cities ransacked , the conquered people had three choices -fight and die,convert and pay the zakat tax or keep their biblical faith and pay the jizya tax, be treated as second class citizens and be referred to as dhimmis.

Dhimmi as a status was orignally just applied to Jews, Christians and Sabians.Later the status was also applied to Zoroastrians,Mandaeans,Hindus and Buddhist.

It should also be noted that Islamic expansion continued well into the 17th century. For example Constantinople was conquered by muslim crusaders in 1453 and Vienna was unsuccessfully beseiged for the second time in 1683.

Of course it would be ridiculous to suggest that Byzantine and Western European leaders always behaved in an exemplary manner, but I think that some people seem to believe that Islam was an innocent victim in the whole history of the crusades and this simply is not true.

• That is interesting and I was unaware of it until fairly recently.

I had always been under the impression that we were the aggressors in the crusade, imposing ourselves upon a peaceful society. I had never heard until recently about the repeated raids, pillaging, raping and kidnapping inflicted on Christian communities at the time and how the crusades were a response to pleas for help. I abhor what took place in the crusades but I do wonder why such details are often left out.

• Theres very few religions been free of extreme fundamentalism -even Buddhism. Buddhists have waged war for ideological dominance in the East and some still do.Myanmar, Sri Lanka still highly intolerant societies where the dominant religion is Buddhism.

Christians and Jews are becoming more extreme and fundamental and not solely because of any perceived threat from Islam, its a lot to do with the rise in political ultra conservatism and the kickback against liberalism in society.

They just dont want to change their narrow minded viewpoints and the Christian and Jewish churches provide the perfect excuse for maintaining their illiberal mindset.

The Orthodox Christian church bouyed up by political approval is surging in Eastern Europe and becoming as draconian in its views and dealings with homosexuals and abortion and contraception and hiv and suppression of womens rights.

The Jewish church is becoming radicalised and intolerant of criticism even employing its home state security services and state machinery to deter or silence criticism.

The Roman/Protestsnt Christian church in the US and many European and African countries are polarising and radicalising against liberalism.

The US is becoming a sewer of radical Christian rights for freedom of expression and religious freedom (its own-no one elses).

Sadly even here in the UK theres a rise in Christian intolerance and radicalism particularly toward gay rights gay marriage,women clergy,abortion and rise in sectarianism and antipathy toward other religions.

Worrying that politicians particularly of the right -but not exclusively- are increasingly vocal of their 'Christian values' and their desire that they should be more incorporated into our society and law and thus less secular.

What difference is that to the Islsmic Sharia that westerners are terrified of? very little difference except for the name of religion thats imposing its views.

Its not radical islam we should be afraid of its all religious radicalism thats taking place every day right under our noses but largely ignored because theyre familiar and 'present no threat'.. Think again.

Youll find out how little of a threat they are when theyve restablished their religious control over the law and education and political system.

Islam and Islamophobia are just a convenient distraction and excuse to turn back the political clock and erase our rights and freedoms hard won from ultra religious conservatism over the last few decades.

As parrotand crow had already pointed out,little of this is anything to do with religious freedom or right to practice your faith,its about control and restablishing it after a period of liberal freedom the churches of all faiths just dont like and want eliminated.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• With the greatest respect nomadic RT, it is not because of Christians , Jews , Hindus or Buddhist etc. or indeed your nomal everyday muslim that treats his faith generally the same as everyone else does that we now have bollards and armed police protecting Christmas markets in Europe or why in Berlin on new years eve there was a woman's only safe space.

It is not people from these other religions that are driving vehicles into people or blowing up little children at a pop concert , or going on stabbing and gun rampages all over Europe (Apart from Poland and a few other former communist countries).parts of Africa the middle east and others in this woldwde jihadi insurrection

It is not because of the far right or Christians that Jewish synagogues need armed police protection in the UK during high holy days or indeed why Jewish synagogues are hiring armed guards in Germany.Or for that matter why Jews are emigrating from Europe to Israel. 5,000 from France last year.

I ' ve seen videos of gay people been chucked off buildings in Syria , Iraq and most recently thanks to ours and good old Hillarys efforts ,Libya.

In Iran it's just hanging from cranes.

In Egypt in September men who waved a rainbow flag at a pop concert were forced to endure anal examinations to check for ' deviant ' behaviour.

In 13 countries, being gay or bisexual is punishable by death. These are; Sudan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Mauritania, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Qatar, UAE, parts of Nigeria, parts of Somalia, parts of Syria and parts of Iraq.

In 17 countries, bans are in place to prohibit 'propaganda' interpreted as promoting LGBT communities or identities. These are; Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Somalia, Tunisia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lithuania and Russia.

These countries are nearly all countries with muslim majorities with some or main influence from sharia law

When I speak or listen to reformist muslims or ex muslims they are exasperated at why the liberal left don't listen to what they are saying. People who quite rightly fought and fight for equality for women, children's protection, the rights of LGBT people , etc seem to turn a. blind eye and are deaf when it comes to these reformist and apostates voices being heard. They call this the bigotry of low expectations and wonder why a brown skinned muslim womans rights in Somalia ( or from a strict conservative muslim family in the uk)aren't fought for as hard as a white woman's in Europe or elsewhere

In the the US the women's marches against Trump were led by a woman called Linda Sarsour( which apparently means cockroach in Arabic ) a woman who wants sharia, wears a hijab and has said that Ayaan Hirsi Ali needs an 'ass whipping ' and should have her vagina taken away. Ayaan a Somalian woman who had to endure FGM when she was 5 years old.In a lot of Muslim countries women are forced to cover their hair in order not to be unvirtuous and inflame the lust of men. Non muslim women on those US marches were wearing hijabs as some sort of protest against misogyny. In Iran ,women protested in their hundreds of thousands when after the Islamic revolution they were forced and had no choice , but to wear the hijab.

Women in the recent protest in Iran are tearing off their hijabs and the people are shouting Islam is poison and we don't want an Islamic republic.

Islam sets itself up as the last , final perfect, unchangeable word / revelaton from God and Muhammad (pbuh/saw) is the most perfect human to ever exist who's example from the Qu'ran ,sura and hadiths should be followed.

• Im not disputing what you say but we should also not be complacent about other religions and their mounting list of hateful achievements in the last year or so.

The US churches have been for some years sending missionaries to Africa to stoke anti gay,pro abortionist,anti wimems rights agenda.Theyre now concentrating their efforts in Austria and Hungary amd Poland to the same ends capitalising on the right wing political changes.

Gays are abused and murdered in Orthodox Christian Russia and have little to no rights or protection under the law.

Gays are murdered and abused im the US,the toll has ramped up considerably since Trump came to power.

Only this week a man has been sentenced to death for the murder of a gay couple.

Christian whites openly abusing and attacking minorities of all other faiths.

Christian politicians openly rousing hatred of gays and attacking womens rights and pushing right to life anti abortion agenda.

Islam may well be in the lead currently as far as the number of atrocities committed in its name by extremists or zealots but it isnt the only one and others are rapidly capitalising on right wing populist hatred.

Concentrating on Islam because its the popular hate figure only serves to distract from whats going on under our noses with our own religious nutjobs.

We should be worried about them all.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• Nice post RT,

At the current time the most persecuted religion is Christianity , forced from their traditional homelands in the Levant , coptics blown up and murdered in Egypt.

Persecuted, murdered and imprisoned all over the middle east and Pakistan.

In Nigeria Christians names on list to be slaughtered by Boko Haram ,girls captured and forced into sex slavery or suicide bombings.More than one and a half million people from one state alone – Borno – are now displaced from their homes, and are now living in IDP camps across the country.

Meanwhile, in what is known as the Middle Belt of the country, in places such as Plateau State and Kaduna State, another form of religious and ethnic cleansing is happening against local Christians,

In village after village across this region the same story is replayed. Herdsmen of the Fulani tribe who follow the Muslim faith have for more than a decade been picking off these isolated villages one by one. They attack at day or night, coming through the bushes with Kalashnikovs and machetes, and hacking to death the unarmed Christian villagers. They often rape the women and kill the children before either razing the village, including the church, or settling on the land themselves.

The biggest atrocity in the US committed against the gay community was at Pulse nightclub in Orlando carried out by Oman Matfen an American born man who pledged allegiance to Isis daeshbags in which 49 were killed and 58 injured in a terrorist gun attack.

I see what you are saying but with over 400 people killed in Europe in Islamist attacks over the past few years, worldwide, 1036 people killed in 140 jihadi attacks just in December 2017 , I really don't think that other religions are the main issue here.

I guess if the prophet of the other religions was a warlord intent on global conquest to establish a woldwde caliphate through jihad , dawa and hijra and who took and advocated the taking of woman as sex slaves we may be experiencing the same threat from them.

• Again im not disputing your examples,many of those on going atrocities take advantage of the remoteness of terrain,lack of policing or with the collusion of police and local tribal warlords.

Horrible situation made worse by the idiocy of the west interfering im places not a threat to us and with no post intervention planning or strategy.

Theyve just assisted the monsters becoming more monstrous and with complete impunity.

It was pretty sickening that the utter arsehole (who's name escapes me) guilty of personally throwing gays off buildings and dragging them behind trucks and beheading many other 'infidels' has managed to bribe his way out of Iraqi custody for 7000 dollars.

Such is the despotic collusion that reigns in the Middle East now.

I dont profess to know the answers all i can see is a holy war erupting regionally or globally,possibly even locally in our own backyards as tolerance and acceptance give way to a prolonged nasty war of attrition such as existed in Northern Ireland and Lebanon and still goes on in Gaza and the West Bank.

I dont think things will improve yet possibly for generations.

• Once again Nomadic I get what you are saying , but

If the US hadn't have flown to the aid of the Yazidi trapped on Sinjar mountain along with the PKK (biji biji ypg/ypj) opening a corridor to lead the trapped and starving Yazidi people to safety , the massacre, genocide and sex slavery of the yazidi peoples would have been far worse.Likewise without American help in the battle and siege of Kobani in northern Syria on the Turkish border as the Turkish army looked on ,that city and possibly the whole of Rojave would be under Daeshbag isis control , with the complicit help of the goat shagging , deranged ,despot Islamist ,Sultan Erdogans regime. No more left, libertarian kurdistan Rojava in Syria ,and perhaps after the complete capitulation of the Iraqi army to daeshbags , Iraq now might be under almost total daeshbag control.

In Iraq , left wing opposition and trade union movements and minorities that were persecuted under Saddam were calling out for help , their calls often falling on deaf ears for years before any millitary action was undertaken. The world looked on and did very little as genocide was committed on the Iraqi Kurdish people ( biji biji kurdistan) which saw between 3,200 and 5000 people killed and between 7000 to 10000 injured, mostly civilian , gassed by Saddam in 1988 in Halabja as part of the Al- Anfal campaign against Kurds.This campaign led to the deaths of between 50,000 and 100,000. Kurdish authorities put the death toll higher.

I opposed any intervention and the war in Iraq but this despot should not have been allowed to commit these crimes

Sorry for going totally off topic

• The west created the despot who committed the crimes.They armed him to the teeth in the hope he'd deal with the Iran problem for them -he tried and failed miserably after a 6 +year war with Iran -then he slipped his leash and decided to deal with his own tribal problems. Kurds Shia etc

The west created the al qaeda problem,who originated from the mujahideen guerilla militia the west armed to fight the Soviet Russian occupation of Afghanistan.

The Soviets invaded Afghanistan to prevent Islamification of their southern states allied to Moscow.Thanks to the west intervention against the Soviets Afghanistan ended up in the control of the Taliban.

Al qaeda was financed by the west via Saudi but once again another rich despot slipped the leash and went awol with the money and arms.

Kind of a trend here huh?

In fact theres a similar trend globally in anything the US gets involved in as policeman against whatever it deams enemy du jour.

Military forces know full well theres no point intervening if youve no plans to cement the action with a post intervention strategy to avoid power struggles or a vacuum to be exoloited but consistently western governments have failed to provide a strategy worth diddly squat and succeeded only in creating power vacuums for IS and other insurgents to exploit to their own ends amd ultimately require more western intervention to sort out the mess they created.

They dont even give their military commanders full reign to get on with the job so nothing gets resolved.Obama was particularly bad for vascilating over what to do and exasperated the military command but finally when it was almost too late allowed the military to get on with the job in hand in Afghanistan.

Undoubtedly that prolonged presence in Afghanistan amd Iraq has only furthered the aims and resolve of IS to ramp up on its ideology and counter the west and bred more extremists yet to unleash more revenge on us.

Really the rest of the west needs to ask questions as to the real agenda of the US and why its repeatedly caught with its fingers in the till funding the people its outwardly supposed to be fighting and has selective blindness and amnaesia over humanitarian issues when those issues dont actually figure in its own overall agenda.

Im not disputing your representation of Islam and its aims,the fact is the west has deliberately gone kicking rocks in a vipers nest and thinks its not going to get bitten.

• A good starting point for being respectful is to not use blatant lies and sweeping disparaging generalisations against any group.

Cope outs like saying “ I know not all Muslims ( or insert group being talked about) are bad, but” just make the author look like a twit who hates that group but is desperate not to be called out on their biases.

You must mean 'cop outs', surely?

Also, Languid Virago, i'm here! No need to use boring little comments, like you do! Say my name, for fuck sake! Stop pussyfooting around like a wee child!

I have made it quite clear what i think about this 'group' you love so much! Get used to it, or private message me?

My van should be ready in 2/3 weeks, and she needs to travel; if you want to let off some steam......

• The police knew about sexual abuse by Muslims but took no action because they did not want to be seen as Islamophobic.

That they took no notice of the abuse is true, but it was nothing to do with being afraid of offending Islam. This narrative is pure racism. The reason they ignored it was because they did not consider the children worthwhile.

https://socialistworker.co.uk/…not+political+correctness

There is evidence that the police were not merely complicit in the abuse, but joined in with it.

Calling it fear of being seen as racist is propaganda, to outrage good, (white) people, and also draw attention away from the deliberate destruction of any safety nets the working class might think that they have.

• Post by likahamadoolihan ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Just woke up post in anger ().