Celebrities

• Jeremy Clarkson. He's a right twunt according to my bro who's met him in a local pub but despite that I do enjoy Top Gear which makes him a tad Marmite.

If I could have a second to slot instead of snot it would be that twunt Blair for being a total dishonest shitbag.

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• Chris Evans...cannot stand the guy.

Yep, definitely with you on Chris Evans he comes across like a spoiled kid who has to have his own way.

If I could have a second to slot instead of snot it would be that tunt Blair for being a total dishonest shitbag.

Blair always came across to me as a slimy, smug car salesman type - Never trusted him from the off.

Also Tom Cruise is just plain weird.

• Yep, definitely with you on Chris Evans he comes across like a spoiled kid who has to have his own way.

Blair always came across to me as a slimy, smug car salesman type - Never trusted him from the off.

Also Tom Cruise is just plain weird.

In one of my old jobs,the workplace used to have Radio 2 on all day,and unfortunately I was forced to listen to Chris Evans on his drive time show.Really don't like him.Always sounded like he was shouting,talking really fast,and he had a section where kids could ring in (Abit creepy if you ask me?).Then a few years later I read his ex co workers made allegations he was a controlling bully.Does'nt surprise me.

• Don't get me on the so called celebrities who are famous for being famous and nothing else.

I can't think of one that doesn't have a face I would like to slap.

People so far up themselves they can't see daylight!

I blame the get-famous-quick-xfactor-strictly-dancing-and-singing-on-ice culture. What do they actually do? What did they do to get famous?

Rant over!

• Don't get me on the so called celebrities who are famous for being famous and nothing else.

I can't think of one that doesn't have a face I would like to slap.

People so far up themselves they can't see daylight!

I blame the get-famous-quick-xfactor-strictly-dancing-and-singing-on-ice culture. What do they actually do? What did they do to get famous?

Rant over!

Whilst I basically agree that there are a lot 'celebs' out there that are not worthy of airtime there are some that are. Quite a few acts of our generation were 'discovered' on shows like opportunity knocks/new faces/ the comedians etc simply because those shows are platforms for artists.

One that springs to mind is Scarlett Moffat, her entry ticket to celebrity jungle was being noticed/commented on from her appearance on 'google box' ( thats a ridiculous show about people watching tv), however I found her to be intelligent/engaging and sure enough she now co-presents the extra celeb show... , the likes of Joey Essex I would gladly thump repeatedly :)

• Celebrities? Not much to celebrate over most of them. I recently met Geoff Hurst (for those who don't know, he was the scorer of 3 of the 4 goals on the 1966 World Cup victory over Germany). I was struck by how modest and unassuming he was, and how much time he had for those who were interested enough to talk with him. He achieved something for the country. I'm no football fan I do recognise what he did (and how much he encouraged others who wanted to play football). So, if that makes Mr Hurst a celebrity, then that's a good thing..

I now move onto the Kardashians, who appear to have done nothing other than promote themselves as celebrities. What have they actually done - you know, done for others? I can't rally see that they've done anything that is not for themselves. They did a TV programme where two of them (I don't even know or care which ones) apparently "took Manhattan" (what??) but that seems to be about it. So you can keep them, thanks.

• What's a num chakka and budgens? X

I was trying to take the 'door' at the local budgens ( conveinience store ), alas their security opperatives was a bit tasty Big fail , but lessons learned , innit ! Like .

Numbchakkers , oh , like 2 rolling pins joined by bit of bog chain , you hold one , do a bit of wizzy waving about and make the other one bash enemy , Its quite painful for both if you are learning . I am going on a course at WI

• Maybe, but don't sell yourself short as you don't inflict yourself on others in such a way that these peeps do. There is the love to hate syndrome but there are those such as Trump who just inspires hate.

Who put these folks everyone 'hates' into the public glare in the first place?

Most of them didnt just wake up and decide "hey its wednesday think ill be famous"

Most of them got onto tv because some pointy shoes media producer met them im a public venue or knows them personally and decides ooh we can make some bucks from this guy/girl.

The rest is down to us plebs becoming fans and making them so popular they can dictate their own salaries and hang on every detail of their lives.

Media loves to build people up and create a brand around them and equally loves to tear them down if it suits them and 'we' all join in.

You cant really blame any of them for milking the opportunity for all its worth,its human nature.A lot of the milking is down to the celeb agents and celeb brand owners who want to extract maximum dollar value from the brand because it bumps up their percentages and earnings and the earnings of all the parasites and hangers-on.It bumps tv channel ratings and book sales and other merchandising.

Most of the celebs are just humans who have the same insecurities and weird personality issues and annoyimg habits we mere mortals all have.

I doubt theres many folk in the world -famous or not(myself included) who havent at some point in life deserved a good snotting.

Many celebs i dislike outright,many i dislike but admire what they do to advance human or animal causes.

I can think of plenty of famous or infamous folk walking the planet who fuck us all over big style every day, like May Trump Hunt etc etc -far worse pieces of shit than the Z list celebs - and who do real damage to our lives or our futures, not just get on folks tits because theyre annoying people.

Perspective I guess...more satisfying to target the annoying twat on the radio or tv who 'we' all made famous.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

The post was edited 2 times, last by NomadicRT ().