Rare medical conditions

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I just wondered if anyone else had unusual medical conditions

At the risk of having the whole forum think I'm falling apart....

As well as my epilepsy, pretty much my whole life I would say I have had another medical condition. The prevalence is meant to be something like 0.3 to 6% of the population with varying degrees of severity. Some people never get diagnosed, it makes some peoples life hell.

Mines kicked off when I started distance running. At school I used to walk on cross country runs. If I had to run, I do remember something like it. 'I can't run because my ears keep popping Miss' doesn't go down well.

My last epilepsy drug may have exacerbated the condition and it may be why I'm getting the tinnitus at the moment as the drug had dehydrating effects and Patulous Eustachian tube syndrome does not like dehydration!

Currently drinking loads....of water. Neurologist, last ENT and GP all neglected to consider this and all of them were told.

Just wondering if anyone else has any unusual medical conditions. It took me 10 years to get a diagnosis and I did get the 'don't you think you could be imagining it?'

It makes a more unusual reason for quitting running than shin splints.

http://www.malacards.org/card/patulous_eustachian_tube