Flat Earth, My Arse!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I posted here because i'm angry and i might swear a lot!

THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT!!!

I've just had the most unsatisfying argument in my life, and the fucker wouldn't tell me where the edges were, and why the oceans didn't flow away!

If the Earth was flat i'd see the same constellations in the same position, whether i'm in Scotland, Greece, or New Zealand!

But no! The fucker was determined!

This is what i hate about arguing over the internet; you can't strangle them and bash their head against a wall!

Sorry.

No i'm not. I want to strangle him/her!

• I thought i'd give you an update as you all seem so interested!!

Anyway, we are surrounded by walls of ice ( that's apparently why the oceans don't just flow away!).

We don't know it's there because NASA lies to us!

Of course NASA Lies! They're American and corporate arseholes! But there is NOT a wall of ice!

I will continue.

• I just don't understand how, in this day and age, anybody could believe the earth is flat!!

Because people are utter planks....I have a facebook 'friend' who is claiming the Earth is an icosahedron (a globe with 20 flat faces) theres even a icosahedron earth society and all based on 'secrets NASA and NOAA are hiding from us'.

NOAA actually produced an iscosahedron globe as an experiment in how to render a globe shaped Earth map from a flat sheet of paper Here This is the basis of their beliefs.

Id 'unfriend' the deranged loon but for the fact he designs beautiful mandala pictures.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :weed:

• Why bother arguing ? he/she is a complete twat and you let him/her totally spoil your day.

Arguing on the internet has to be the most pointless waste of time ever ever ever.

Voluntarily brain-dead people exist.

chill and move on...:hippy:

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :weed:

The post was edited 1 time, last by NomadicRT ().

• Because people are utter planks....I have a facebook 'friend' who is claiming the Earth is an icosahedron (a globe with 20 flat faces) theres even a icosahedron earth society and all based on 'secrets NASA and NOAA are hiding from us'.

NOAA actually produced an iscosahedron globe as an experiment in how to render a globe shaped Earth map from a flat sheet of paper Here This is the basis of their beliefs.

Id 'unfriend' the deranged loon but for the fact he designs beautiful mandala pictures.

I Love Mandala Pictures As They Be Very Beautiful ....I Even Have Some Tattooed On My Skin Designed For Me :flowerpower:

• Is That Not Be That Many Of Time Of Time Years Ago That They Be Also Of Thinking That The World Is FLAT? ...And They Be Thinking Too That They Could Fall Of The Edge? HAHAHA Soooo Funny

So Does Or Did This Person Also Think They Can Fall Of Edge Also? Or Is It They Think Its Just Flat And Never Ending ? HAHAHA.

• Is the moon also flat?Cause last night it sure looked round to me!^^

Constant:If you can't ignore them,then laugh at them! Next they'll be argueing there's no such thing as gravity!lol

• Is the moon also flat?Cause last night it sure looked round to me!^^

Constant:If you can't ignore them,then laugh at them! Next they'll be argueing there's no such thing as gravity!lol

Of course its flat silly.:rolleyes:Its a disc.Gravity does not exist either.We are held upon the earth by centrifugal force,should it stop spinning we will fall off.Like the socks stuck on the inside of the the washing machine drum after spinning.We will all float off through the noxious cloud of pollution not caused by us but by dinosaur farts released from ice due melting from heat rising from the hollow earth vents,when the queen who is a lizard goes for instructions from cable.Get a grip woman.Get real.:D

• To me it sounds no different from believing in a mythical god, or angels or fairies.

People are insane - some are more insane than others, but everyone is in their own way ;)

' When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place '

• I should add that I am totally protected from all logic,the laws of physics,lies and propaganda of scientists,lizard aliens and the illuminati by the totally invincible power of my purple silk suit.

• I should add that I am totally protected from all logic,the laws of physics,lies and propaganda of scientists,lizard aliens and the illuminati by the totally invincible power of my purple silk suit.

You have a purple silk suit?Wow that sounds pretty cosmic in its own right.lovely.Not only does it look probably, great it is absolutely far more powerful than any tin hat. :)

I've watched some videos on youtube about the alien lizards. Amazing!

I think these people watched too much 'V' in the 80's!

The interior of my van is purple & silver. The covers for my seating/bed are from purple silk curtains i bought second hand.

If you fancy selling your suit, i could make some nice cushion covers ?

• Once you can look at stains as badges of honour, then and only then , you are ready to spill your stuff , with no looking back .

Doesnt that depend on the sort of stain it is?For example a lipstick stain on your waistband may carry more kudos than a old yellow stain on your ass?Maybe we could have a "where are your best stains "thread?:D

• Oh doody doo dah, the flat earth society, what a load of fuck wits with pointless arguments, I think the whole and only point of their existence is to get folk wound up and jumping at the stupidity of of their claims. I saw a bit of a vid on you tube where a guy is so deadly serious about it. He even claims whole heartedly that nothing ever as in space craft, long distance satellites etc cannot go no further than 200 miles, and claimed that the Hubble telescope that is so far from earth now is a complete hoax by N.A.S.A, in fact claimed all pictures and info from them regarding space is a hoax and all lies. what a complete dick, even claimed satellites are a hoax, it was so laughable I couldnt watch much of itHe was walking around some town in the states stopping people to chat with them and he was asking them if they could feel the force from the earth spinning, they said no, so then that was his excuse to claim that the earth is not a globe and doesnt spin on its axis on its way round the sun. They been reading too much Terry Pratchett.

I hope you have a spare or have you checked your wardrobe lately NRT?

ukhippy.com/gallery/image/25121/

Flat Earth.....hmmm. Anyone remember Sovereign being?