FiLTHY PEOPLE!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• We stopped off last night at a popular wombling spot, a recycling area by a Sainsbury's. This unbelievable sight could be seen from the road!!

We were there about 45 minutes, in that time two small vans and three cars added to the massive mess.

It was mostly Christmas related, wrapping paper and packing,

There was also a child's bike and six sacks of rubble.

Un

Fucking

Believable. IMG_20171229_210516.jpg

• At least it's all in one place and on a hardstanding. The turds come out of the towns and just dump their rubbish in gateways and laybys near me, it's household trash like that, furniture and builders rubbish.. It used to be gyps dumping tree cuttings but they appear to have tidied up their act and gone more professional with nice new trucks.

There's more use of hidden cameras now in some the laybys that I use and I often wonder how many times I've been filmed taking a leak.

• Wow, what a mountain! Just come back from our local recycling / dumping / wombling spot and there's a couple of black bags of clothes, a couple of cardboard boxes that someone couldn't be bothered to put in the cardboard bin, 2 old microwaves, a broken lamp and a goldfish bowl. Nothing that caught my eye this time.

Quite small in comparison.

• If you go to the tip in grimsby in a van you get interrogated by the hitler on the gate, have to fill in a form with your name and address and cant dump half the stuff you took. Grimsby is consequently a shithole.

If you go to the tip in louth, not only can you pretty much dump anything, the people there actually help you unload your van and speal to you! Louth consequently isnt a shithole.

• If you go to the tip in grimsby in a van you get interrogated by the hitler on the gate, have to fill in a form with your name and address and cant dump half the stuff you took. Grimsby is consequently a shithole.

If you go to the tip in louth, not only can you pretty much dump anything, the people there actually help you unload your van and speal to you! Louth consequently isnt a shithole.

Same as round here. you cant take stuff to the Brecon tip in a van. Cars only, even trailers have to be signed in.

I have even had them checking what I am dumping and refuse to take it (an old parcel shelf!)

He told me to take it to a scrap yard, nearest which is 25 miles!

Needles to say when he went back into the office I chucked it in the skip and drove off.

If was to drive the extra mileage to Crossgates tip then it's a different world, they help you unload, and even have a shop selling stuff that's too good to dump.

• that's a point, some councils are their own worst enemy. Charge the earth for trade waste, don't let vans in, get picky with what they do let you tip.

Then they complain about how much they spend on clearing up fly tipping.

Don't get me started!

• localish to me you have to show id of residency, can dump small trailer and car load but vans have tickets issued by the council about 12 a year to stop trades waste dumping.Also can only take 3 rubble sacks plasterboard a month.Council trying to do weekly home recycling,3 weekly for other stuff.The stuff dumped over little bridges and in laybys is awful.

• I’ve never known a small family like ours generate so much recycling like this Christmas. And three of my main gifts for others were in recycled cardboard boxes and one large gift in the brown packing paper, also recycled. But it’s just ridiculous how much plastic, card and paper we have piled up in bags outside.

In a way I’m pleased folk have used their initiative and transported it to “a recycling point” and not like others have said, dumped in hedgerows or gateways to blow around.

We need to ban Christmas and for those who feel it necessary - keep the local church in service for the 12 days.

• The recycling center outside coleford forest of dean used to recycle everything,oil,paint,batterys,white goods and used to save the good stuff which you could have if you asked nicely and bikes were saved for a charity project.Always had a laugh there too.Was years ago,I hope its still there.

• I saw most of the contents of a stripped out motorhome or caravan in a lay-by recently....

The transgressor(s) had clearly made an effort in respect of health and safety by wedging most of the items into a hedge above waist height to mitigate backbreaking bending by those clearing up.

One of the supermarkets I recycle at has CCTV and signs stating that ( those not recycling within the confines of the containers ) offender's will be prosecuted.

• Nearish tip is ticket only for trailers / vans, then only 3 trips a year if I remember right. Go 2 miles further and it's just 'make sure it's in the skip'. So much stuff goes to landfill nowadays where on years ago it was put to one side and a few bob got you something good.

• I don't think they've got the balance right. Obviously we're sending too much to landfill and more should be recycled, but the local recycling centre is now only open on a Sunday and Monday. Also the recycling bins that you could put plastics and metals in have been removed from the car parks so people just tend to dump that sort of stuff in bin bags now and the council have to come and clear it up anyway.

Another thing I have noticed is that they are getting a lot more fussy with the weekly recycling collection. they will only take certain types of plastic, (the harder type) anything else has to go in the bin regardless of whether it's marked as recyclable or not.

I complained about the forms relating to vans as we don't have a car, my husband is dyslexic and I'm not on hand to fill in each form.

Pretty much... 'Yeah, so?'

An online version of the cursed thing that you could fill in and print off would be helpful in some cases.

But I filled one in over Christmas - guy on the gate never looked at it....

What the heck is the point??!!

• I don't think they've got the balance right. Obviously we're sending too much to landfill and more should be recycled, but the local recycling centre is now only open on a Sunday and Monday. Also the recycling bins that you could put plastics and metals in have been removed from the car parks so people just tend to dump that sort of stuff in bin bags now and the council have to come and clear it up anyway.

Another thing I have noticed is that they are getting a lot more fussy with the weekly recycling collection. they will only take certain types of plastic, (the harder type) anything else has to go in the bin regardless of whether it's marked as recyclable or not.

I think we would all be deeply shocked if we knew how little stuff that goes into the recycling bin actually ends up getting recycled in reality.

Its a token exercise, only paying lip service to the green agenda.

The real answer would be to ban all this unnecessary packaging

• Oh too right Bernie! Thirty years ago there wasn't that much packaging.

Bizarrely, internet shopping doesn't help.

Anything ordered online already has it's packaging. Then it's packaged for delivery. Packaging on packaging.

• Our local tips are only open a few days a week now, and for less hours when they are open. Making it difficult for people at work to take in their rubbish.

All the stuff, from computers to furniture, that we used to be able to scoggle through has completely gone. Everything is loaded into huge transportation units, which are then sent abroad to India or China or elsewhere, which ticks the EU box that says you - the council - have successfully recycled it.

We are not the only country doing this; millions of tonnes of rubbish get exported to eastern and far eastern countries every year from Europe. Not that we'll stop doing it after Brexit, mind.

• Our local tips are only open a few days a week now, and for less hours when they are open. Making it difficult for people at work to take in their rubbish.

All the stuff, from computers to furniture, that we used to be able to scoggle through has completely gone.

Theres notices everywhere at our local tip about nothing allowed to be given or traded. Luckily most of the guys who work there are a decent sort and conveniently always have to tend to a compactor at the other end of the row if there's anything that you ask for..

• I never understood the 'you can't take it off the tip' thing.

What's that if it's not recycling?

One feeble excuse was 'you might throw it away down the road'. Er why would I want to ask for it in the first place?

Fuck knows, health and safety? Or they dont want to lose out on whatever they sell it on for..

Either way calling it a "community recycling centre" is taking the piss.