Fred Dibnah a true legend!

• I met him a couple of times,he was an interesting chap to talk to about engineering...his personal views werent very pc .....but entertaining until the poor chap got dementia and lost the plot.

• He played to the camera and was really entertaining in a lot of aspects but as far as I remember, once famous he dumped his wife which hit the papers.

Warm memories though of watching him driving his roller towing the living van.

• He played to the camera and was really entertaining in a lot of aspects but as far as I remember, once famous he dumped his wife which hit the papers.

Warm memories though of watching him driving his roller towing the living van.

I do remember one episode of his programmes where he had took the family on holiday, and went to do a chimney job and had his missus stood on the ground in the pissing rain whilst he worked..

Great programmes though, and some of the stuff he talked about was really interesting. Also, some of the drawings he did for the telly were very impressive.

His autobiography is a good read as well.

You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.

• Post by HippieMcHipFace ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • There are plenty of walking talking turds in real life,some of them are famous / have money.

Its never made much sense to me why people get all googly eyed over someone they dont actually know...especially for folk in media jobs who present carefully groomed persona's for maximum viewer / listener appeal.