Its cold now, how do you get on with it?

• I'm not proud, if it gets really cold it'll be tights time :hippie: just a bugger when you need a pee.

Worse than that is the onesie undergarment if you need to take a crap.

Just about everything has to come off except the boots and socks. Bad enough if in a public loo with one foot against the door (broken lock) and all your clothes on the floor. Been there and done that.

Must be a sight worse outside behind a hedge in snowy weather...:)

• Worse than that is the onesie undergarment if you need to take a crap.

Just about everything has to come off except the boots and socks. Bad enough if in a public loo with one foot against the door (broken lock) and all your clothes on the floor. Been there and done that.

Must be a sight worse outside behind a hedge in snowy weather...:)

That's got to be a case for cutting a bum flap....

• I don't mind admitting I'm a wuss, I'm sitting in my mother's retirement flat and I can't breathe she has the heating on so high.

Great! Boiler has shit itself today,so no heating.Engineer came out last week for a gas safety check too.Typical.:rolleyes:

Boilers never go wrong in the summer

• Great! Boiler has shit itself today,so no heating.Engineer came out last week for a gas safety check too.Typical.:rolleyes:

:( that happened at least 4 times with my gas ch...packed up the next week after it had been serviced.

One of those failures was the day before Christmas eve.The engineer came back out promptly and promptly turned off the gas and plastered yellow do not use tape over the boiler and said it couldnt be fixed till mid January and then left.

I just thought fuck that and looked at it myself.The previous service engineer hadnt connected up the ignition wires properly after hed taken the inspection cover off :cursing: but i got it going again.

I just pulled all wires off again when the engineer was due back in January so theyd know it was one of their idiots whod buggered it up.

They paid me compensation too for all the time id been without heating ^^

Hope you get yours sorted soon.

• really good boots, layers, a variety of stupid but warm winter hats, a coat that could double as a sleeping bag and a dog that believes sleeping on your legs is a good way for her to get warm.

I'm always cold, always have been. It drives people I know crazy. I sit in sauna warm rooms complaining of the cold. Medication, being underweight, lack of brown fat etc. etc. have been suggested.

Those who suggested it never trained in a competitive pool - check the temperature - or taught in the two pools I taught in that could never get the temperature/chlorination right or were always trying to save cash. Though yeah I suppose I could do to add a few pounds...

• I've always been one for overheating, and still do. I comes in useful this time of year. If I didn't have parrots to care for, I could almost manage without heating. The only time I get seriously cold usually, is when I am ill.

If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

• Well I have to say I'm impressed!After ringing for a gas engineer,we were told we would have a visit within 24 hrs.Well 9pm last night,an Engineer turned up.Its now fixed! Engineer commented that last weeks engineer did a shit job,as where the pilot light comes out,it was all blocked up!

• Live in my snowboarding trus BOUGHT (not brought) from help the aged (now age concern - as if), they're only interested in selling brand new tat these days, sigh...:cursing:

• Update!Looks like two shit engineers work for the same company.That was short lived!Heating came on this morning for 30 mins,then went off.No pilot light again!Back on the phone at 8am,was told we'd be the first people they'd see?I'm still waiting and its nearly 1pm!Ah well!

Just funny how last night's engineer went on a big rant about the previous engineers work,how crap it was etc?And it looks like he can't do any better!:D

• Got up this morning about 7 and kicked jnr out into the garden before putting any clothes on, made a brew and it was only on letting him back in I noticed the thin covering of snow.

Since then we had 1'' of snow in about 30mins and it's now about 4'' deep but feels warm compared to yesterday.

• Got up this morning about 7 and kicked jnr out into the garden before putting any clothes on, made a brew and it was only on letting him back in I noticed the thin covering of snow.

Since then we had 1'' of snow in about 30mins and it's now about 4'' deep but feels warm compared to yesterday.

The snow on our roof illustrates 2 things: the speed at which the white sh*te is coming down and the unwillingness of the animals to go out in it.

On opening the window you can just see the patch where around 3am I chucked Libby out and she jumped back in again.

Slightly less snowed over are the 8 am 'cats and kidney problems' lecture paw prints. I don't know what got colder to make her come in her damn kidneys or her paws.

The 11am 'don't know what you want but you must want something' prints are more clearly defined as they circle the rooftop before trotting back to the bl**dy window.

The 2pm chunk of snow that fell off the window along with a cat that had just been lowered out; said cat then immediately tried to jump back in and missed the edge of the window. She succeeded on her second attempt at reentry.

Daisy is simple, it is like every so often she just runs out to check that the white sh*te is still there/still coming down.

She might not like the cold that much but it is too much fun to want it to disappear.

• We haven't yet had snow, although it is bitterly cold. I haven't yet had the pleasure of watching Spot in the snow, I'm sure that he will love it, he is enthusiastic about everything else. Sam has always liked snow, but is pretty elderly now, and it remains to be seen if he still enjoys it, or prefers lying in front of the fire.

If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

• Haven't seen any for years and I very much doubt if I'd get them in my size anyway

lil%252520long%252520johns%252520christmas%252520pjs%252520sew%252520a%252520straight%252520line-7_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Both myself and ex had a pair of these in the 1980’s. One late afternoon while travelling round Derbyshire with the horse and wagon. We were heading for a reservoir shown on the O/S map. Knowing we would find water and grazing for the horse. Could we fk find it. It turned out the reservoir has been drained and landscaped. My ex was busting for a piss and trying so hard to hold in her pee while we found the open water. Eventually she left me with the reins and ran up a dirt track. Removing her Barbour coat and cardigan as she ran. Minutes later she came back in the foulest of moods. She had managed to remove her cardigan, get the onesie down below her knees and drop her nickers. Mid stream a elderly couple out walking their dogs stumbled on her. In haste she tried to pull up and make decent. Unfortunately the peeing wouldn’t stop and she had peed on her onesie sleeve.

If it’s going to be cold in the morning. Wear a base layer to go to bed. Keep this on when you get out of bed in the morning and put your day clothes on top of the base layer. If it’s extremely cold. Grab your day clothes about a hour before you intend getting out of bed and place your day clothes in the bed with you.

• Pissing in a coke bottle and sticking it down your jacket is one way of keeping warm on a cold day on a motorbike.

As is a bag of fresh chips from the chippy but you end up smelling of grease, although you do have a warm(ish) snack when you arrive...

You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.

• I have a funny story about peeing, actually I have lots but I don't know you all well enough yet!

When you go diving in a wet suit its usual to take a pee the instant you roll in off the boat to 'warm the suit up' a bit.

It becomes a subconscious reaction, it just happens without any conscious effort.

Water ingresses into a wet suit from outside anyway to provide a warm boundary layer, that's how a wet suit works so warm pee is a bit more comfortable than cold water from outside.

However, my mate Keith bought one of the first dry suits............