Sleeping without alcohol

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• So I did a bit of research into sleeping aids, and found some interesting stuff... The usual recommendations of valerian, hops, and passion flower came up a lot, and I'm already taking them in a well known brand of herbal sleeping pill...

Other suggestions were more dietary.. including boosting certain trace nutrients such as magnesium, calcium etc...

So last night before bed, I ate a banana, and a load of peanuts, and it actually seemed to work! Apart form getting up for a pee at 4am, I actually slept quite well for the first time in 10 nights!!!

• Well done nutter! In my experience, drunk sleep is not proper sleep, and after a while off it, it will come. But I'm not one to talk, I'm a terrible insomniac. But, what I find helps me is, don't go to bed hungry. And I've been told about the bananas too. And I use ear plugs because I can tune in to the tiniest noise, like a dog Barking and that will keep me awake. Also make sure you are warm enough. Cold can keep me awake.
    But high five mate, ten days is awesome xxx

• quiet life herbal tablets?the mix of valerian pasiflora and hops seems to work well.How about a massive walk ,chop some logs,stuff your face,sit by a fire with a spliff?Yazz may be able to wear you out more than anything for a good nights sleep if you tempt her?:reddevil:

• Well done nutter! In my experience, drunk sleep is not proper sleep, and after a while off it, it will come. But I'm not one to talk, I'm a terrible insomniac. But, what I find helps me is, don't go to bed hungry. And I've been told about the bananas too. And I use ear plugs because I can tune in to the tiniest noise, like a dog Barking and that will keep me awake. Also make sure you are warm enough. Cold can keep me awake.
    But high five mate, ten days is awesome xxx

Thanks, Abby! I'm having the opposite problem, it's too warm in Nora!!!

quiet life herbal tablets?the mix of valerian pasiflora and hops seems to work well.How about a massive walk ,chop some logs,stuff your face,sit by a fire with a spliff?Yazz may be able to wear you out more than anything for a good nights sleep if you tempt her?:reddevil:

I'm walking about 6 miles a day... And Yaz does help me sleep! :whistle:

• Is there any skimmed milk in your diet? If so cut it out. IN the days when I consumed margarine and seed oils I also suffered insomnia. since I switched to the good hard animal fats it is less of a problem.I always have a good serve of vegetables each day.

• Oddly,the old routines work quite well for some insoms....cup of warm milk,ovaltine or cocoa....youre more likely to sleep with something in your stomach so long as its not something youre intolerant to or will wake you with heartburn.Put some low ambient meditation music with 3 to 5 htz cyclical rythm.
    I know how difficult it is though...im woken regularly by nightmates and will wake at the slightest noise at night but I can sleep through all kinds of noise in daytime.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :weed: