Blade Runner 2049

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Watch it yourself and make your own mind up....remakes and sequels rarely live up to the original but they still keep making them.No one really totally liked the original blade runner and the editors cut version is not even as good as the first cut but it just found a cult following over the years.

• I saw Mark Kemode review it last weekend on the beeb , he reckons that nearly 3 hours aint long enough , that he has seen it twice and would happily watch it again tomorrow (he also said he is a big fan of the original but only the directors cut !!!).

• Ive got both versions of Blade Runner one and i like both.I still thinknthe original cut was more artistic but thats just my opinion. I just get pissed off with folks slagging stuff off before other people have had a chance to watch it..particularly when its newspaper film critics who often arent terribly good at what they do.At least Kermode knows his stuff,most dont,but even he isnt right some of the time.Art in whatever form is a matter of opinion -people like or dislike it- thankfully we're not all the same in opinions but at least people should be allowed to make their own minds up after viewing something,not have it made up for them or put offgoing by someone elses opinion.

• Ive got both versions of Blade Runner one and i like both.

There are actually seven versions - the one I preferred was the European theatrical version which was actually more violent than the American theatrical version.

I felt that Harrison Ford's Bogart-esque narration helped to create the atmosphere and I never understood why they removed it.

• There are actually seven versions - the one I preferred was the European theatrical version which was actually more violent than the American theatrical version.

I felt that Harrison Ford's Bogart-esque narration helped to create the atmosphere and I never understood why they removed it.

I know there were 7 ive got the first original. and first directors cut,Ive not bothered with trying to find other releases like the final cut after what they did with the first editors cut and i agree the removal of the narration stole a lot of its artistic merit and ruined the atmosphere.They changed some of the background music and length of some of the scenes so it wasnt as slick as the original.
    Still is one of my all time favorite movies (alongside Alien) and some of the scenes and the way theyre put together are pure cinema magic.